Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Which route should i go cosmetically on my silver V?? Post ur silver V pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which route should i go cosmetically on my silver V?? Post ur silver V pics!!

Well... Been trying to figure out which route i'd like to go with this car. I was a big fan of the murdered look on my last one but it was time for a change. All opinions and suggestions will be appreciated as well as pics of your silver V's!!

Im trying to decide between going two different routes.

Route 1:
Smoke the lights (front and rear), powdercoat the wheels black and paint the grills black.

Route 2:
Leave the lights stock front and rear for the most part other than clearing the fog lights and side markers and put it on some polished accessory wheels or maybe the chrome stock wheels.

May eventually spend the $$$ on some staggered 19" CCW's but considering the cost, the stock wheels are light and look good for the money. Just can't decide which route would look better. Feel free to make comments and post your opinions fellas. Trying to decide which route to go so i can get started on the changes.

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 03-12-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn dude you are truly never satisfied. It's your car do what u like
Old 03-12-2012, 01:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Lol! Im satisfied with the car... for now. Just dont care for it looking stock. Been looking at pics online of silver V's with chrome wheels, with black wheels and smoked lights, etc. On a black car, murdered was a no brainer for me but the silver is new. Can't decide which i'd like more. lol
Old 03-12-2012, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Silver with gunmetal. I hated it at first, but with the windows tinted itgrew on me. I like it a lot now.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:06 PM
TECH Veteran

That does look really good! Wonder what other color wheels would look good on silver?
Old 03-12-2012, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Chrome wheels and blacked out tail lights

And clear fronts

Old 03-12-2012, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

I haven't headed down the path yet with my silver V as I'm not sure if I'm keeping her but I'm thinking the following:

1) Clear all of the lights on the front. Leave the Back as-is
2) Use a flat & dark grey on the mesh of the grill...leave the frames chrome. I'll be shooting for something similar to the color of the headlight housings, I think the black can be a bit harsh on the silver sometimes...and don't use gloss, it looks cheap on silver.
3) Leave the stock wheels as-is, if aftermarket I'll go polished if its a forged wheel, something like the Lineas I'll go with whatever option isn't black just b/c I think its getting a bit overdone (although I do like the look).
4) I have a buddy in the sign/vinyl business so I *may* go with a real look carbon fiber on the roof...something like 3M di-noc http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1267150871. I have 20% on all my windows and windshield so I'd love to carry the black over the top.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Nikon... The chrome looks really nice too! Its a very clean and classy look! I'd smoke the tails for sure if i were to run black wheels but with chrome, i guess you could go either way and it would look good. I think im going to clear the fronts just like that though. After having all of the lights on the front of my last car and dealing with hardly being able to see at night, i'd prefer to have clear lights top and bottom with some 6000k HID's. The smoked lights on the front looked sick in the daytime though! lol

Spin... I like your taste. Wish i could see some of those ideas in a pic. Im a visual person. It all sounds good but i'd have to see it all together to really appreciate it but i do like the grill idea. Leaving the frame chrome and painting the mesh would prob look nice on silver. Billet/polished wheels are my top choice if i spend the money on some staggered 19" ccw's or true forged wheels. If i dont go that route, ill be sticking with stock wheels and either powdercoating or just swapping to a different stock set... Chrome, Polished accessory wheels or powdercoating these.

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 03-12-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

The paint on my wheels is flaking. I'm looking for something different. The thought of big meats with those new angled rear control arms makes me drool. Unfortunately, a new house roof comes first. That's why I bought those used tires from ya, wait until those are toast to start looking at new wheel solutions (btw, leave trader feedback!).

I've also considered trying to 'silverize' the rear taillights. The red on the taillights & V logos are the ONLY color left on my car. I love the silverized front (clear turns/fogs/side markers), if there was a way to "take the edge off" the rear. I wish I could see if something like a silver tail light with no red, but red LEDs.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I actually changed the diy clear fogs to the ebay diffused ones...I didn't like the light pattern the non-diffused lights put out..heres a comparison.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Route 2, or like the ones in post #4 and #6 look real good too.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:35 PM
TECH Veteran

How much did those eBay fogs run? They look nice? They fit good with no leaks?

As much as I'm tempted to black everything out, I think the cleared/chrome look might look nicer this time.

Keep the pics and suggestions coming though fellas!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2007-CA...1006a4&vxp=mtr

When I got them I ordered the ones for the cts(different bracket and ~30$ cheaper) Just gotta swap your stock bracket to the new lights.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
How much did those eBay fogs run? They look nice? They fit good with no leaks?

As much as I'm tempted to black everything out, I think the cleared/chrome look might look nicer this time.

Keep the pics and suggestions coming though fellas!
I'm going to sell my chrome wheels with almost new tires, pm me if your interested.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Option 2, but get the accessory or stock wheels done in black chrome.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nikon
I actually changed the diy clear fogs to the ebay diffused ones...I didn't like the light pattern the non-diffused lights put out.
Exactly. I love my ebay fogs. Fit perfectly & throw in an HID kit on them & blammo, they're real nice.

Except today, my driver side fog ballast fell off while I was driving. Luckily, I heard it! I had used some double sided sticky & stuck it to the plastic frame of the fogs. I'm not sure there's room on top. I need to find some extra bad *** double sided sticky & some REALLY long zip ties.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Nikon... Thanks for the link bro! Thats the route ill go. I like the look and HID's will look nice in them.

Owl... I might be interested. Was also considering a deal on nikons wheels.

Allen... I didnt even think of that. That would actually look pretty sick and if i recall, someone else on here had a silver V on black chrome wheels. Wonder what the cost would be to do that? And yeah... Im pretty set on leaving all the front lights cleared and maybe a light smoke on the rear if anything but most likely stock.

Laygo... Ill leave feedback shortly bro. And thats good to hear on the fogs. Id prob mount the ballasts with industrial strength velcro and then zip tie around them for added security.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If I had a silver V..

I'd do ZR1 Blue calipers behind gunmetal accessory wheels with some deep tint and a drop. Aside from that I'd leave the lights stock, but that's just personal preference.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Teching In

i wound do it like nikons or the same w gm accessory wheels. maybe leave rear tails alone but either would be nice.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've never been for clearing out the fogs on this car. I feel like the amber is "american muscle".

Quick Reply: Which route should i go cosmetically on my silver V?? Post ur silver V pics!!