Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Which route should i go cosmetically on my silver V?? Post ur silver V pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg
I've never been for clearing out the fogs on this car. I feel like the amber is "american muscle".
It's a GM trademark from the 70's. I kinda like it.. and it doesn't make the car stick out as much when you're not minding the posted speed limit.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i didn't know any better would think nikon stole my car haha looks identical down to the eye lids. except the *** cause I havent installed my mm spacers yet and i'm raked. If I would do it over would love to see the silver v with black wheels and grills black plastidipped. They look mean as well not just all shinny like ours. Never have been a fan of the gunsmoke wheels to me they are neither here nor there.

Last edited by kl2onik; 03-13-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:08 AM
TECH Veteran

ZR-1 blue calipers would be pretty bad ***. Im generally a fan of red calipers since most big brake kits come in red. With some red calipers and cross drilled/slotted rotors, it would look stout. Red is a must for me on black. But... the blue would prob look nice on the silver so ill look into that.

Nikons car looks really nice. Simple, clean and classy. I like that look. I'd have to see the accessory wheels on silver. I'd imagine it would look nice but i have yet to see a silver V on accessory wheels. Seems like they are much more common on black V's.

dr.duct... I liked the amber on my smoked lenses on the old car. I liked that when they were off, you couldnt see the amber but when they were on, it shined through the black. Looked nice.

That chevelle is sick! Love old school cars like that!

kl2onik... Both ways look nice to me. To me, the black wheels, lights, etc look a little more aggressive. But at the same time, the clear lights and chrome/polished wheels looks nice and classy. Tough decision!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

The chrome does look classy (when clean) upkeep is just a PITA.

To freshen up mine, my plan is to do silver Team Dynamics wheels, once those are on possibly plastidip the front grills to get rid of the chrome.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Thats true. I didnt think about upkeep on the chrome. The silver and black wheels ive had wipe right off. The chrome im assuming would require some sort of polishing. That actually not so bad but if they were to begin pitting and flaking like some chrome wheels do, id be livid. lol
Old 03-13-2012, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yellow is dog ugly....clear 'em out. I put those blue bulbs that turn yellow when on in and never looked back.

Still contemplating tinting out my red brake lights....
Old 03-13-2012, 10:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Thats actually the perfect solution. Running cleared fogs with those silverstar amber bulbs with the blue coating. Then i can have the front look nice and clear when they are off but they will still be amber when lit.

Accessory wheels look nice on the silver! Im kinda diggin that look. I would prob do a light smoke on my tails just to take the bright red edge off of them.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like smoked out fogs and sides.. plastidip--black grill

Last edited by shadyLS6; 03-13-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Black wheels on a lowered Silver V looks amazing.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

Big fan of the chrome stockers too.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Thats true. I didnt think about upkeep on the chrome. The silver and black wheels ive had wipe right off. The chrome im assuming would require some sort of polishing. That actually not so bad but if they were to begin pitting and flaking like some chrome wheels do, id be livid. lol
My last two mustangs had aftermarket chrome wheels...personally, I thought it was easier to keep clean than painted/clearcoated wheels. A little soap and water makes them shine like crazy. Or, as I recently discovered, one of those Mothers or Meguiars foam drill attachments with a little chrome polish is the easiest thing ever after you've washed a car. Basically buff it on with the drill for about 2 minutes a wheel and then use a rag to remove the polish (alot like waxing a car) and boom, back to factory fresh.

The key is to only wash/wipe them when they're wet and to keep stuff off of them that's harmful to chrome (which often leads to the pitting/flaking). Avoiding curbs helps too
Old 03-13-2012, 11:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Shady... Car look good bro. Are those the team dynamics wheels?

Whistler... I actually have a pic of your car on my background here at work. I really like the look of silver with the grills painted black, lights smoked and the wheels done satin black. I was really just trying to be open to other suggestions instead of doing the same exact thing i did to the last car but there is a good chance i go that route...
Old 03-13-2012, 11:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Damn JD... Those pics just made me drool! lol Car looks super clean and those high resolution pics really bring out the detail of the chrome wheels on the silver car. Looks awesome! Now im really tied up between the two choices ive been considering. lol

Spin... Thats true. If cleaned regularly and taken care of, the chrome usually stays in good shape. Those powerballs are awesome when it comes to polishing. So quick and easy. Avoiding curbs is not a problem. I dont think i've ever curb checked a car in my life... lol
Old 03-13-2012, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I like the amber bulb look too. I even put amber 194s in the corner of my headlights. I think they look better then the clear bulbs there.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Another from today.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:53 PM
TECH Veteran

qwank... U have any pics with the amber bulbs in there? I was thinking hyper white LED's...

dr.duct... Looks good man. I like the stance!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Shady... Car look good bro. Are those the team dynamics wheels?
thanks.. nope just the ole Rota Torque 18s

If i were to do it all over again i might go all clear and factory STS-V wheels-- LOOKS Factory fresh but different.. Reason i went smoke was i got a good deal on smoked fog lenses a while ago..

Chrome and Clear corner/fogs.. cleeeeeeeaaan

Last edited by shadyLS6; 03-13-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Oh ok. The team dynamics are the 9" wide spokey lookin wheels. I am actually a fan of the factory wheels. Not many other wheels out there that look better on these cars.

STS-V wheels might be cool. Ive seen a black V on the STS-V wheels that were powdercoated black and it looked pretty good. Different for sure.

Its so hard to decide which route to go. I really like the look of both. Maybe i should do half of the car one way and the other half the other... lol
Old 03-13-2012, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shadyLS6

i like smoked out fogs and sides.. plastidip--black grill
Got any more photos that aren't photoshopped?
Old 03-13-2012, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nikon
Got any more photos that aren't photoshopped?
what angles? i got plenty

old

WakikiVee
CLEAAAANN

Quick Reply: Which route should i go cosmetically on my silver V?? Post ur silver V pics!!