Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Which route should i go cosmetically on my silver V?? Post ur silver V pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 04:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol! My old car was murdered completely out! Looked sinister but i got quite a bit of attention from the police because it was loud and stood out.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nikon
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2007-CA...1006a4&vxp=mtr

When I got them I ordered the ones for the cts(different bracket and ~30$ cheaper) Just gotta swap your stock bracket to the new lights.
how much of a pain was it switch the bracket, i assume a few bolts?
going to order the cts ones this week.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Not hard at all. Just a couple push plugs...
Old 07-30-2012, 04:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
My work in progress...

^ This, I like.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Not hard at all. Just a couple push plugs...
wicked just bought em
company off ebay really bones canadians, 125 for shipping
aw well iam used to it
Old 07-30-2012, 04:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks odthetruth! She's coming along. It'll look better once I get my GC kit installed and I get the wheels powdercoated black. Only question now is gloss or satin black on the wheels? Lol
Old 07-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not a fan of the blacked out look, it looks like a "kid car" or "boy racer" imo. Keep in mind that less is more when i comes to wanting a "classy" look.

Don't get me wrong, subtle changes like black grill mesh or different colored calipers can add to the look of a car....but more often than not, once the rattle cans start rattling, class goes out the window.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

I know its not silver but to show you what i mean

One of the most beautiful v's IMO. (thats why i copied his wheels (still waiting to recieve them))
Old 07-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by COLEVETTE
I'm not a fan of the blacked out look, it looks like a "kid car" or "boy racer" imo. Keep in mind that less is more when i comes to wanting a "classy" look.

Don't get me wrong, subtle changes like black grill mesh or different colored calipers can add to the look of a car....but more often than not, once the rattle cans start rattling, class goes out the window.

I did the plastidip for that exact reason, wanted to see how I would like it.. then with a couple other changes, I ended up really liking it it all black. I never really wanted a 'classy' look. I have always liked cars that look normal and have a little power, but after the changes, I really like how my car stands out
Old 07-30-2012, 05:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah I know what u mean. But I think classy went out the window when I put the cam in it and loud *** exhaust. Lol I was on the fence between clear lights, chrome grills and chrome wheels or the black look. To me, as much as I love the clean and classy chrome look, I associate that with a 60 yr old man that comes to the car meets with his bone stock V on chrome wheels that he waxes twice a week wearing his cadillac jacket and hat. Lol No offense to those rocking that look! It's just not DIFFERENT enough for me.

I wanted something more sinister on this one. I think when the black wheels and drop are added, it'll look complete. I mean it's not like it can't be changed later. Maybe some 3 piece wheels will be in my future but for now, I think I'll be happy slammed and cammed on black stock wheels with everything else done the way I have it. I'm a fan of being different and I like that my car is and will be far different from anything else you'll see around here. When I think of a black car... Murdered comes to mind. When I did mine almost 3 years ago, it was still a new thing. Now everyone's doing it and it's getting played out. When I think silver... I think of clear and chrome cause that's more commonly what you see. Granted, I've seen a few silver cars on black wheels but it's more rare and to me, the whole package has to fit together to look "legit" IMO.

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 07-30-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Staging Lane

Thats the beauty of ownership^^^ Do what you like to your car. Just giving an honest opinion is all.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by COLEVETTE
Thats the beauty of ownership^^^ Do what you like to your car. Just giving an honest opinion is all.
Exactly. No offense taken at all and I hope I'm not offending anyone by speaking my mind. I have an appreciation for all looks as long as "fear this" stickers and stick on fender vents aren't involved. Lol I do agree though that the black v on CCW's you posted a pic of is def one of the sexiest and classiest cars I've seen on here.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Staging Lane

So your saying i should scrap my NOPI-TUNER decal idea....lol

But yeah man your car looks and sounds aggressive for sure! I've got that whining thingy under my hood so its difficult to make my car a true sleeper but thats what im going for. I just cant wait until my wheels get here, unfortunately it wont be until december until I get em.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Lmao!

I appreciate it bud! I'm jealous of ur whining thingy! Spray was just the cheaper and easier way to go fast but I do love that whine! You're right about it making it difficult for the car to be a sleeping when it's screaming though. Lol Those wheels are worth the wait but the anticipation always sucks! Lol
Old 07-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

Lucky for me the car came with it haha. Jokes on me though, 2 months after i got the car the rear gave up the ghost, so i still spent 5500 on the 9".

Edit: sorry for the thread jack!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Lol! **** happens! Can't beat a whine and a built rear so I'd say you're in good shape now. Lol

No problem on the thread jack. It's originally my thread and I never give a **** who posts what on them. Lol
Old 07-30-2012, 08:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tacky IMO but to each their own...
Well what do you think if it still had a chrome stock grille?
Old 07-30-2012, 08:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 9t8z28
Well what do you think if it still had a chrome stock grille?
It might look good in that case. Won't know for sure until someone does it and posts pics but I just think the silver around the lights is just a little too much. I'd still be curious to see it done with a chrome grill though.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It might look good in that case. Won't know for sure until someone does it and posts pics but I just think the silver around the lights is just a little too much. I'd still be curious to see it done with a chrome grill though.
Damn, I don't wanna be the guinea-pig but my headlights need some refurbishing.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

No to high jack, but COLEVETTE what wheels are on that black V. The wheels make that car too me. I love the lip on those wheels. Thought they might be CCW, but they look differnt.

Quick Reply: Which route should i go cosmetically on my silver V?? Post ur silver V pics!!