Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

O2 sensors HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensors HELP

SO apparently when we installed the headers in my car my buddy and I accidentally took the rear o2 sensors of the stock exhaust manifolds and installed them into the header vs using the front ones from the exhaust manifolds. Now I have two male jack connectors (as in the one right behind the header on the block is the same as the one on the O2 sensor wire. My question is: Is there an adapter that will allow me to plug the two males into it. Or do I have to buy an entire new o2 sensor with wire with the female end on it? Bellow is a pic of what I mean since it's a bunch of jiberish. The two ends I have both look like this (male ends) and I need to join them
Attached Thumbnails O2 sensors HELP-o2-sensor.jpg  
Old 03-12-2012, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know if there is a male to male connector, but why not just put the right o2 sensors in the right place? Don't you have the originals anymore? Also, how many miles do you have on your car? It may be a good idea to get new ones anyway, they don't last forever.

You could also just get female ends and re-wire the sensors. I have an extra one that I was just about to toss in the garbage.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also, I just replaced my sensors and they're Bosch part #15284 from Pep Boys. I think they're $45 each or something like that.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rear O2 sensors are not heated, front o2 sensors are heated.........you need new sensors that go upstream(heated)

Rockauto.com is cheapest.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks guys ill roll through pep boys tmrw and see what they got thanks for the num 510. I don't have the originals so I cant just take the other sensor off. Feels like im there every freekin day this week getting this sh.t up to par.
ps thanks itsslow glad to c u still swing through this forum granted you have a new beast
Old 03-13-2012, 04:23 PM
TECH Regular

You'll probably have to extend the o2 sensors since they will be placed in a new spot due to the headers, DO NOT cut the wires on the o2 and extend them! Once an o2 sensor wire is cut and extended it will not read the voltage right and will throw a low voltage code. Extend the harness to them, not the o2's to the harness.

Quick Reply: O2 sensors HELP