Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Forgestar F14 Wheels Imminent

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 07:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
Definitely NO on the 2 tone. Fuzzy, I'd absolutely go glossy gunmetal on your infrared. Whatever you choose, I want to meet up and see it in person...
You're welcome to, but I don't think I'll be going gloss black. I like parts of this guy's CTS-V, but the stock gloss wheels + plasti-dipped grille look gross.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
I'm basically split between titanium (like this S5) and gunmetal. What do you think about wheels on the S5?

I'm glad you noticed the similarities between these wheels and the stock CTS-V wheels. Now you know why I've been pursuing this so hard with Breyton and Forgestar.
I don't think you can go wrong with silver wheels. It's kind of the conservative choice, but it will definitely look good. I think gunmetal will be more exciting though.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You're welcome to, but I don't think I'll be going gloss black. I like parts of this guy's CTS-V, but the stock gloss wheels + plasti-dipped grille look gross.
I sort of agree. I like the black grill vs chrome. The more I see pictures of the chrome on red, the more shocking that bit of chrome looks. Plastidip black is sooo easy, but a bit too matte/rough. But plastidip makes that gloss stuff now, I think that will help with the grill. I'd like to try that on my car, I think it will help make the black grill border "fit" a bit better with the car. Some gunmetals would really look good with that, I'd think.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Launching!

I edit sniped my original post. I didn't mean glossy black, I meant glossy gunmetal...

Quick Reply: Forgestar F14 Wheels Imminent