Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Figured I'd finally say hello! Finally bought my V!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Figured I'd finally say hello! Finally bought my V!

Hey Guys,

I've been lurking here for years, but have finally started posting. Lucky you!

I come from the B/D body world, and have had a fair share of Impalas, Fleetwoods, Wagons, and Caprices, among other cars. I did built motors and T56's in a couple of them and currently have a Buick wagon that I am in the process of making into a fun daily. I will do an LSx Miata at some point in the near future, too...

And after wanting a V for years, I finally bought one this past February. I actually bought it from one of the guys on here. The mods and price were right, so I finally let someone else take the hit and bought it (almost) all done.

It's an 04 with a cam, a Maggie, Kooks longtubes, and a Magnaflow exhaust. It has a bunch of anti-wheelhop stuff on it too. It put down 500 RWHP at TTP in NJ. I'm actually looking for more info on it, too. I've got a pretty good idea of what's in the car, but would like to talk to someone who knows it or had a hand in building it. I was told Matt at TTP had a hand in building and tuning it. Well, I've talked to BOTH Matt's at BOTH TTP and ECS and they both said it must have been the other Matt at the other TTP that built it. So either I was misled, or nobody wants to own up to it... Very weird. But hey, if you know the car, good or bad, let me know please!

Anyways, I absolutely love the car and have been having a blast with it! This thing is a riot. It's just about perfect for me in the way it was built, but I will be autocrossing it and probably running it on roadcourses, too, so I will most likely do some suspension work on it after a few track days. I need to drive it now in stock form and see its strengths and weaknesses and address then as I find out.

So that's my story. Just wanted to say Hello!

Oh yeah. I know... Pics or it didn't happen.

A couple quick vids from when I first got it, too.

http://youtu.be/K731ylvD9nc

http://youtu.be/dabcTh9-e5M
Old 03-20-2012, 05:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Nice! Welcome to the V world!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:39 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats! Saw this in the classifieds here and it was a really clean car. After he swapped to the black interior, it's a twin to my V. Enjoy!

Edit: After looking at your engine bay, I have one suggestion. Order the filler (below) and install it on the passenger HEX line as close to the supercharger pulley as you can, so it remains at the highest point. This is the ONLY way to bleed ALL of the air from the system. I wedge a funnel into the filler and let the air bubble up until it is bled, takes a long time. If you don't have this, you will have higher IAT's.

http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...3e79bf167c367d

Last edited by DMM; 03-20-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Teching In

DMM, got a pic of it installed in yours?

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I hope to be able to find out more about the build of my car. I've been running into dead ends everywhere...
Old 03-20-2012, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was this stand66 or whatevers car?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wcryan
was this stand66 or whatevers car?
If it is, Thank God...that guy was a total douche nozzle and didnt deserve the car.

OP, welcome to the money pit that will put a smile on your face while you are ripping your hair out.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
If it is, Thank God...that guy was a total douche nozzle and didnt deserve the car.

OP, welcome to the money pit that will put a smile on your face while you are ripping your hair out.
Yeah, it was his car. He did seem like a total douche over email and texts and whatnot, but was a pretty cool guy in person. I was expecting a tough deal when I went down there to NJ from NH, but it went pretty well and he was a nice guy in person.

Then again, I could be a total ***** too...
Old 03-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ColeGraham

Awe, I love all you whiney ******* just as much as you love me.
So many little bitches hanging in this forum.

Bill, sorry that they are not telling you what you want to hear on the car, I told you the story I got, and it sounded way to drawn out and just plain stupid to be made up.
The only thing I was obviously interested in was knowing everything that was done to the car, was actually done....and with that confirmed by myself going over the car, I never looked into it further.
I was told the Matt that left TTP was the man doing the work on it.....
Glad its putting a smile on your face now. Just to ruin "douche nozzles" day, I may get another one.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stand66
Awe, I love all you whiney ******* just as much as you love me.
So many little bitches hanging in this forum.

Bill, sorry that they are not telling you what you want to hear on the car, I told you the story I got, and it sounded way to drawn out and just plain stupid to be made up.
The only thing I was obviously interested in was knowing everything that was done to the car, was actually done....and with that confirmed by myself going over the car, I never looked into it further.
I was told the Matt that left TTP was the man doing the work on it.....
Glad its putting a smile on your face now. Just to ruin "douche nozzles" day, I may get another one.
The *** hat returns...where has you retarded *** been? GTL on the jersery shore you little bitch?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Hey Stan. Yeah I went over everything I could see to verify it and am pretty comfortable in saying that the car was as advertized. I never thought it wasn't, but I was hoping to find out more.

I have a friend who's pretty good with HP Tuners looking at the tune now, and it was just a blanket-rich-after-4k rpm type of program instead of a real tailored tune. It always ran pig rich, and gets terrible mileage, so I am getting it re-tuned.

And guys, let's please not turn this into a "Douche-Off" TOTY cadidate, mmmmkay?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by toomanytoyz
And guys, let's please not turn this into a "Douche-Off" TOTY cadidate, mmmmkay?
Awww...but that is the only thing I am good at. I am the friendly neighborhood *** hole for the CTS-V Section of LS1Tech...especially now that itsslow98 has went to the darkside, and bought a gay *** Mustang.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Damn. That's usually my job. ****. Now what do I do?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Alert, too many d-bags in one place at one time.....

Thread will self destruct in 3, 2, 1

Old 03-20-2012, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can never have too many *** holes on a forum...its the law of the interwebz...
Old 03-20-2012, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lets add another ******* to this thread, id go over that car if I were you especially since no one can prove what and who worked on the car since stand built his prior mustang. Stand66 goes through cars fast and yes he is a ***** from what ive seen.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You got a screaming deal on that modded V. Looks like it really hauls *** in those vids too.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So was this Matt at TTP in Little falls NJ or Matt at TTP in Toms river?

I had my car tuned at the one in little falls and im pretty sure i got a bull **** blanket header tune as well.. it gets better then stock mileage but i paid for a dyno tune
Old 03-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Yeah, I don't know which Matt or which TTP did the work or the tune. I'm not from Jersey and not familiar with either place. And I spoke to both possible Matt's, and each pointed their finger at the other.

I know I got a good deal on this car. And it does appear to be all it was advertised as. I just want to know more if I can.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:41 AM
Teching In

I love how all you guys are all such tough talkers on here. Meanwhile you don't even know me or have any idea who I am.
You all just come here to jerk each other off and whine about those not in your group, its pathetic.

And lastly- yup, I go through cars bc I get bored, and every one of them is everything I say it is. I have never had someone come back and say it was not as advertised or they were disappointed with anything in the deal.
I don't do deals like that, so you can go **** yourself for implying it.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Again TooMany, welcome. I always said the V was a brother to the ImpSS due to the Vette drivetrains, but man, they don't compare. After I bought my V, it got destroyed in a hail storm (search my threads) 30hrs after I bought it. When I turned it in for repairs, I tried driving my Impala again & it just was soft/squishy/slow.

Although, I never will sell my Impala, I vowed to myself that I'd drive a BBody forever. I love my Impala more than I love the V, but I enjoy the V more than I enjoy the Impala . . . if that makes sense.

Quick Reply: Figured I'd finally say hello! Finally bought my V!