Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Sparco seat install (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Once all of my major performance mods are done (read: engine and supercharger), I've got my eye on a set of Recaro Pole positions. The trick is going to be finding a great upholsterer--it has to be leather and Alcantara. D3 has a set that they sell, but they're charging $1600 a seat:

You guys might like this thread as a side study in installing seats.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314742
as much as i'm against hacking these cars up to make them strict track cars, those seats are ******* beautiful.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Bu Bu
I picked up some new Evo II US seats a week or so ago. I started to piece together the install with the universal seat frame. I won't be using the sliders either. Man those things are low when the side mount brackets are fastened directly to the universal seat base. I can barely see over the dash and I'm 5'11". You either need to get a set of side mount brackets with lots of vertical height adjustment or use the entire universal seat frame setup which includes not only the square frame but also a height adjustable block up set of rails which bolt to it. You then need to fasten the side mount brackets to that block up rail. I should be wrapping it up in a week or so. You can see a picture of the Sparco universal seat base http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/491.html
I'm the same height. I didn't think that the seeing over the dash situation would be that bad. Hopefully it works out lol. I'm having the same shop that's doing the 4 point install fab up brackets. There will be some adjustment but only with unbolting and rebolting it in.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
if you found a 3 pt setup then i would call you king
I read somewhere that you can buy seat belts for a Pontiac G8 and there is a mounting location on the B-pillar. I'd love to know more about this myself because my wife hates the way the seat mounted belt fits her.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm still waiting for the air bag light fix? Turn off the light and still have the wheel airbag functional?
Old 04-16-2013, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
I'm still waiting for the air bag light fix? Turn off the light and still have the wheel airbag functional?
Can you use a resistor to fool the computer?

Check this out.
http://www.the370z.com/diy-section-d...light-fix.html

Quick Reply: Sparco seat install (PICS)