Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

rear struts are gone. what coilover options are available these days?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rear struts are gone. what coilover options are available these days?

Hello everyone... for those of you not familiar with my car, it rides on a complete coil-over solution from K-Sport.

Well out of nowhere it seems my rear struts have really taken a dump. Just about any bump is hitting like a damn pothole when it comes to the rear as the fronts seem just fine, and I'm certain it's both because it first started on the passenger side, but quickly the driver's side couldn't handle the extra load as about 2 days later also started giving me the same symptoms. When I bought these almost 4 years ago to slam the car after ordering my 360 forged wheels, there was only K-Sport and K&W. I wasn't ready to spend $2,200 on suspension, especially after investing so much on the wheels so I went with these.

My question is what coil-over solutions are available these days? I've seen a few threads here and there where people are using coil-overs but can't recall if they were one-off or a marketed product. I can just get struts from k-sport for about $120 each, but I would also like to see what other options I have available before simply repairing the existing rear suspension.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

TT
Old 04-16-2012, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many miles on those ksports? If you got decent mileage out of them, $120 isn't bad for new shocks.

I just installed new FG2s and ground control...that is always an option for around $1500. The KW variant 3's are about $2000.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

The ksports are rebuildable I think?
Old 04-16-2012, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CTSV_510
How many miles on those ksports? If you got decent mileage out of them, $120 isn't bad for new shocks.

I just installed new FG2s and ground control...that is always an option for around $1500. The KW variant 3's are about $2000.
i wouldn't spend that much just to put on a set of OEM shocks (the FG2s that is), and just like furbe said, it's hard to look away at $250 bucks for a pair of what i've been using these past years. I'm just looking to see what else may be available near that price i guess.

Originally Posted by furbe
The ksports are rebuildable I think?
the fronts are. rears are independent so i'm not so sure.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Where are you seeing those Ksports for that price? I'm not finding them by googling.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:47 PM
TECH Regular

if you already have all the adjustability why dont you just buy QA1's for the rear?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Launching!

if u search a little ive found d2s for as little as 800. check out ipsmotorsports in Columbus Ohio I believe....they have kw's for like 1800. but if your wanting to stay as low as you are you'll have to stick with ksports or d2s.......lg makes a set now but they are as much as the kw's...... hope that helps.....
Old 04-19-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thank you all for contributing. I'm most likely just going to just pick up a pair of struts from k-sport given they're pretty cheap. I was just looking to see what other options there were for the rears given it's originally independent from OEM.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

where can you get the k sports? Been looking but no one seems to carry them. Since my car wont be tracked anymore, I dont really want to buy kws

Quick Reply: rear struts are gone. what coilover options are available these days?