Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

4" polished corsa tips...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 11:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4" polished corsa tips...

Founds some single slash cut double wall corsa tips online in the local area for $150. They look to be pretty new. They are 2.5" in and 4" out with the high polished finished and the laser etched corsa logos on top of them. Prob the same or similar to the ones that come on the Corsa catbacks for our cars.

Im in the market for some tips too since mine are stock and i'm about to be welding in some mufflers soon. Been looking for some nice polished double wall 4" magnaflow or other name brand slash cut tips on ebay and some other sites since none of the companies seem to sell these nicer tips separately. You can get single wall or rolled edge tips all day for cheaper but i don't care too much for that rolled edge look. These nicer tips seem to only be offered on the catbacks which these were removed from. They are really nice tips but damn... $150 for just the tips?

Does that price seem high or about right?

Found these on ebay and they look just like em but damn... even more expensive. Maybe thats just what they go for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320889571864...#ht_2473wt_914
Old 04-19-2012, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They do look good, but still seems expensive for tips IMO
Old 04-19-2012, 12:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah... those were my thoughts. They are nice for sure and i've looked online and cant find these exact ones anywhere brand new to compare price. They have some similar but not with the 2.5" inlet and 4" outlet. Prob catback specific like i said.

Was looking for the magnaflow tips to buy separate that are similar to these but they only come on the catback as well.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:46 PM
TECH Veteran

But on second thought... The ones on ebay that i found that i dont like as much are going to run me $40 -$50 each and maybe more after shipping so considering its going to cost me $100-$120 for what im looking for. Almost might as well pay the difference for the nice name brand corsa tips. lol

Only other options ive found that i like are the pypes 2.5 in/4 out polished double wall tips that look like these and they are $60 a pair after shipping when they are listed on ebay. A set just sold so im sure it'll be a bit before another pair is posted. Im sure quality is not as good though.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Launching!

I had Magnaflow 4" double walled slash cut ($60 a piece) on my Magnaflow mufflers then when I swapped them out for Dynomax bullets I put on some Cherry bomb 4" double walled tips ($18 a piece). The cherry bomb looked just as good at the Magnaflow.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I paid $65 each INSTALLED for my tips:

Dunno the name brand, but I believe the same specs: 4" out/2.5" in
Old 04-19-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Veteran

RRsV... I was looking for the magnaflow tips like the ones on my old mag Catback i had on my 04 V but they don't sell those exact same ones seperately. I could find some similar on ebay but not the ones I wanted. But that's the price I was seeing ($60ish each). Rolled edge looks cheap to me so double wall tips are a must for me and I wanted something nice with the name brand etched logo. Corsa or magnaflows would be fine.

Laygo... Those tips look nice man! Any name or markings on them? That's the look I'm looking for. Those look very similar to these Corsa tips and the magnaflows tips that I've been trying to find.

Considering those were $130 installed, I might just bite the bullet and pay the $20 difference for these Corsa tips. My buddy can cut and weld em up for me too.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Well I sucked it up and bought the Corsa tips. For the difference in price I think it was worth it. Corsa sells similar tips individually for $100+ each plus tax and shipping so I think price was fair. At least that's done.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would just get the Magnaflow tips, or any really that look nice. There comes a point when you are just paying for a name...and you should know, 4" is 4" just got to work it right...haha.

Originally Posted by LAYGO
Thread Hijack...but since Taylor is probably not juicing at this moment, the roid rage should be minimal...haha.

4x4 Mod...Jesus, I forgot how high these cars look at stock suspension. Are you going to lower yours?
Old 04-19-2012, 04:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Lmao!!! I'm used to workin with 4" bro but anything at 30mph leaves a dent. Lol

Juice? What's that? Nothing but pre-workout and protein powder for me **** stick... Lol

My drop is going on ASAP.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
4x4 Mod...Jesus, I forgot how high these cars look at stock suspension. Are you going to lower yours?
Yeah, I want to lower it. I've got some springs local I just need to GET. The thing is, I don't wanna drag & scrape every where. Especially when I get the rims I want (soon).
Old 04-19-2012, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

H&Rs are awesome for that...granted it is a PITA when i see a driveway i cant make it out of or in without scraping the front. and some high speed bumps will cause my mids to clank on the bump...but they are still high enough to where I am good about 90% of the time.

but the look of the stance makes it worth it the 10% "ooo ****" moments IMO...haha.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

These are the tips I bought. Have had them awhile, and will install them in 2 weeks. I waited for prices to drop to around $48 shipped IIRC.

Magnaflow 35121 Stainless Steel Round-Angle Cut Double Wall Exhaust Tip
Old 04-19-2012, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ran summit brand stainless tips, liek 35 a piece and they looked great and looked brand new even years after installing them. **** paying for a name on simple stuff like that.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Dudesweet... Now I'm pissed cause those look just like the tips on the mag Catback I've been searching for! Fack! Lol

Allen... Yeah man... True. Price for name sucks. I bought em but I know I can ebay em or sell em here or Craigslist for my money back if I don't use em. They are pretty sexy lookin though. Lol
Old 04-19-2012, 10:06 PM
TECH Veteran

H&R's are low but def still practical. I had cut springs on my old car sittin lower than H&R's and it was fine. I'm waiting for the True Forged 20's to get here next week so I can get em on the car and see how much room I have to drop it before I install em.

Quick Reply: 4" polished corsa tips...