Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Leaky header question

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Leaky header question

So yesterday I got under the car and realized that after several months the pacesetters are still leaking at the offroad extension to the corsa mount. Question is if I had my car tuned several weeks ago, with this leak already present am I loosing any performance with having a leak? What if I fix the leak>do i need to retune? I know most of you are in OC...lucky bastards, but maybe someone who knows more than me can chime in...which should be pretty much anyone
Old 05-18-2012, 12:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fixing a leak after all the sensors should not require a retune.

Fixing a leak before the sensors may not even require one depending on the severity of the leak.

I have a leak at the header flange that will be getting fixed before a tune. I doubt a shop would even tune it with a leak there anyway. Too much risk of bending a valve.

I had some leaks at my catted connector pipe even after clamping because the angles that mated to my exhaust weren't perfect. They were minor after clamping, but to prevent them from seeping into the cabin I used some DEI heat shielding I had lying around to use like duct tape. That seems to have solved the problem.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am just debating in going to the shop and having them remove the extensions completely and welding a flex pipe in there>what sucks about this is I would have to cut into the corsa pipe but there will be zero leaks for sure....at the same time I could have them just unscrew the h-pipe corsa resonator and weld in an x pipe with the flex pipe to match... Thoughts???
Old 05-18-2012, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Wait, where exactly is it leaking? I'm not familiar with those connectors on your setup.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

after the header there is like a 3 inch extension piece that connects to the corsa. No cats (thats where they should be but there is no room to put them in). Its leaking at the connection of this extension and the corsa front gaskets.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Junkie

So it's not a slip-fit, it's a two bolted flange like stock?

Quick Reply: Leaky header question