Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Bought my first CTS-V yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 02:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome and congrats! How much did u pay for it?
Old 07-14-2012, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I gave a little too much bc it's not perfect, but any one I bought I was going to mod, so I hope I saved in the long run. Kind of hate to say bc after I drove it for the first time, I had to have it even though I saw a lot more problems that I should have used to negotiate the price down. It's got some minor dents that I think a good paintless dent guy can fix, and it needs tires all the way around, and my list goes on, and on. But I'm happy with it, and thats all that matters to me other than being a little embarrassed for not trying to get it cheaper . What do you think would have been a fair price?
Old 07-14-2012, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Hmmm... How many miles? Assuming like 80k, then 17k+10k in mods = 27k in value, probably more due to the Vengeance brand. To people like us. I'm guessing the selling price was closer to 20k.

Don't feel bad if you didn't bargain hard. That is a sweet ride.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

94,XXX and I put over 600 miles on the drive home just bc I drove the scenic route. His asking price was $25, and can't believe how close your guess is. I had been looking for about a year now, and I all ways feel like I settle on something less than my expectations. I looked at salvage title cars, GM lemon buy back cars, (witch mine is) and other cars that you know needed a lot of work. I bought this car bc it has money spent on it I don't think I would have ever spent. Now I am trying to forget just bc of the repairs that are needed. I feel good about my purchase, and in the end isn't that all that matters.... After driving this car, I'm ready to sell all my other projects. My C1500 with the built 6.0 4L60E 4.10 gears (and I hate to think what else I spent trying to make a 5000 lbs. truck fast), an 85 Monte Carlo SS with a 406 alm. head roller motor with a built 700 and 3000 stall, and a few more projects I haven't even got to yet. I've never had a car that does everything so well. Accelerate, stop, turn, idle with the AC on in 90+ deg. in Miami, and with 4 doors no less. At least for right now, this is my new favorite.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Oh, and I have receipts for over $13.XXX in mods. Makes me feel a little better.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

One more thing, got to thinking about it (and I'm not being paid or anything like that) I wanted to say that I normally do all my own work except for auto trans and exhaust, bc I know I can pay someone for a better job than I can do. I have all ways felt like I didn't get what I paid for, or I paid way to much for what I had gotten. I grew up working junk, 461Xs 350 flat top motors, then vorteh headed motors, anyway never spent a whole lot of money. This car had these mods done over 40,000 miles ago, and it's still together, and it still runs good. It meets my expectations on what a pro build should be, and I know I could never afford pay to have all that done. I know it sounds like an add, and I wish I could say I built this car, but I didn't and as the new owner I want to say that Vengeance did a job that exceeded my expectations.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by stick1975
One more thing, got to thinking about it (and I'm not being paid or anything like that) I wanted to say that I normally do all my own work except for auto trans and exhaust, bc I know I can pay someone for a better job than I can do. I have all ways felt like I didn't get what I paid for, or I paid way to much for what I had gotten. I grew up working junk, 461Xs 350 flat top motors, then vorteh headed motors, anyway never spent a whole lot of money. This car had these mods done over 40,000 miles ago, and it's still together, and it still runs good. It meets my expectations on what a pro build should be, and I know I could never afford pay to have all that done. I know it sounds like an add, and I wish I could say I built this car, but I didn't and as the new owner I want to say that Vengeance did a job that exceeded my expectations.
See, you and I were in very different positions when we bought our Vs. I was a total noob with cars, so I felt like I had to go for something stock because I couldn't judge the quality of mods. You, on the other hand, were able to evaluate the work and it checked out for you.

Don't regret it for a second. Go burn some M5s for me.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Teching In

I think you got a great deal! I wanted to research this very car this afternoon and I found it in less than one hour! I am the orginal owner of the car and builder. Either way you got a great car. I would like to see this car again one day as it has great meaning to me and some of my friends. I would like to keep in touch with the owner and would be more than happy to help you through mod hell if needed. I could be a great asset to you if needed.

Congrats on the car! Please keep in touch!

Last edited by cowan480; 09-25-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:04 AM
TECH Resident

What rear end does this thing have?
Old 09-26-2012, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

Right bf I bought it it had the newest rear installed. Not me driving in the videos, I'd be scared to death that I'd need a broom and a dust pan to clean up the parts after words...

Quick Reply: Bought my first CTS-V yesterday