Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

That just happened........

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 09:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
F you over there, there's a party over heeeeeerrrreeee

Pretty
Old 07-30-2012, 09:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a little jealous of the AFRs. They are pretty. I just couldn't spend that kind of money on the small bore setup. I'll hit 100k miles this year. I know the motor won't last forever so the stage 2.5 TSP heads will hold me over until I build a new motor.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Skidmarcx
Pretty
Tanks mang!

Originally Posted by Gabbiani
I'm a little jealous of the AFRs. They are pretty. I just couldn't spend that kind of money on the small bore setup. I'll hit 100k miles this year. I know the motor won't last forever so the stage 2.5 TSP heads will hold me over until I build a new motor.
Ya, maybe I'll stroke the LS6 in the future......but right now I blew my wad on this setup. I only have about 20k on the motor so I'll be good for a nice long while....hopefully
Old 08-01-2012, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

So my old LS6 fuel rail has a fuel regulator on the fuel rail itself.....the LS2 fuel rail on the right does not. Am I going to have to add one? How does the stock LS2 one get regulated?

Last edited by lollygagger8; 08-01-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:35 PM
TECH Regular

that is not a fuel regulator. the fuel regulator is in the tank. you don't need whatever it is.

I run nasty fuel rails and they do not have that. you will be just fine installing those LS2 rails.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea you don't need it... My Maggie rails don't have that dampener or whatever it is... I have LS6
Old 08-02-2012, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

OK sounds good guys, thanks. Just want to be 1000% on everything.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Pushrods finally came in last night......they look awesome....too bad nobody will ever see them

So what do I do with the Coolant Crossover tube now? Rebend to fit around the Fast 102 or cap those coolant passages off? Where does the rubber hose connect to if it's reused?

Since I don't have photoshop at work....here's the part I'm talking about:

Also, does the hose from the valley cover connect to the port on the side of the Fast Intake?

Sorry for the dumb questions!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Anyways....since the UPS man didn't come until about 6pm, I decided to throw the pushrods in right then. Got the Yella Terras in, torqued, turned the motor manually and made sure they didn't hit the valve covers, (I had to freeze the new valve cover gaskets to make them fit) got valve covers on, and threw the water pump on, and connected all the stuff to the intake including fuel rail and injectors. I haven't buttoned down the Fast 102 yet, because I want to make sure everything is hooked up right. Finally getting somewhere............

Old 08-14-2012, 09:26 AM
TECH Resident

The valley cover vent tube connects to the side of the intake manifold, if you mix this up and connect the valve cover breather to the side of the manifold your motor will drink oil. The valve cover vent connects to the tb. Nothing worse than seeing clouds of blue smoke after you just rebuilt the top end.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

I got a Elite Engineering Catch Can, so I'll be putting that in between the two. Sorry for the dumb question.

I'll also be drilling the intake tube (or maybe the silicone adapter) for the valve cover breather tube.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On the coolant crossover tube, mine is setup so the coolant tubes are plugged on the TB and there is a single hose coming from the top outlet on the radiator directly to the crossover tube.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

I'd run the catch can inline with the valve cover breather rather than the valley vent. Valve cover breather is where you will really pull oil. If you do this you can also just put a small filter on the exit of the catch can, no need to route it back into the intake if using a catch can.

Edit: the valley vent doesn't draw much oil if any, the hose on mine was petrified and broke as i pulled it off.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

HELP!

Does this look right?? The long hose will go into the air intake tube that I haven't drilled yet.

Valley Cover to Intake.

Valve cover to top of Oil Catch.

Oil Catch lower to air intake tube (not drilled yet)

I tried to copy this...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...version-2.html
Old 08-15-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

I still say there is no need to drill the intake and vent the catch can into it.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Better??

Old 08-15-2012, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
HELP!

Does this look right?? The long hose will go into the air intake tube that I haven't drilled yet.

Valley Cover to Intake.

Valve cover to top of Oil Catch.

Oil Catch lower to air intake tube (not drilled yet)

I tried to copy this...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...version-2.html
This is correct, I just don't understand why you want to route the valve cover vent back to the air intake tube as stated earlier. It may be possible we are missunderstanding eachother here. The valve cover vent if connected to the catch can does not need to loop back into the system. The only reason you would do so is if you need to pass emisions and even then a catch can should suffice. With the catch can you just run the valve cover vent in, and stick a small breather filter on the out port. If you do this you shouldn't have any oil leaking out, and you don't have to drill the intake tube.

Also this is an awesome build, curious to see what sort of numbers you get out of it.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dmax/04V
This is correct, I just don't understand why you want to route the valve cover vent back to the air intake tube as stated earlier. It may be possible we are missunderstanding eachother here. The valve cover vent if connected to the catch can does not need to loop back into the system. The only reason you would do so is if you need to pass emisions and even then a catch can should suffice. With the catch can you just run the valve cover vent in, and stick a small breather filter on the out port. If you do this you shouldn't have any oil leaking out, and you don't have to drill the intake tube.

Also this is an awesome build, curious to see what sort of numbers you get out of it.
I got it all setup. Thanks for the heads up....I just did it like the Vettes and other platforms with LS6's is all.

Check it out!

Waiting for tuner to come tomorrow night. I'm psyched!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

My guy at my local speed shop told me to switch the oil can connections opposite of each other. Like top oil catch can inlet to intake, and lower catch can inlet to valley cover.

Do you guys agree? Or leave it the way I have it now?

Old 08-30-2012, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u want the valley cover to go in the bottom port of the can.. the top back to the intake. oil to the bottom air to the top

Quick Reply: That just happened........