Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Easy Way To Lubricate The Rear Diff Bushing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy Way To Lubricate The Rear Diff Bushing?

Because mine is squeaking like hell and driving me nutz. When I bought the car this past January the dealer said it just had a full servive at the Caddy dealer down the street and they installed a new rear diff bushing for inspection.

Actually, I'm assuming it's the diff bushing because when I go forward or back very slow, it squeaks like a bitch. Doesn't seem like a suspension problem based on when and how it's making noise.

So, is there an easy way to cure this problem without tearing it apart?

**Car/Suspension is Stock.

Hopefully I'm nowhere even close to being the first with this problem.

Last edited by mhhamrhead; 08-02-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:21 PM
TECH Resident

Never heard a diff bushing squeak, they collapse and you get a gnarly clunk. I would say your problem is probably elsewhere, also it is not a greaseable bushing so to say no fittings or injection points on the assembly. If the rear diff bushing is going bad grab a CS bushing and block and be done with it for a while (longer than the oe).
Old 08-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Launching!

Then maybe it is suspension?

I'll try to explain better.

I can set the parking brake, then put it in 1st or reverse gear, and 'rock' the car back and forth a little. This makes the squeak insane. Not that it can be heard on the next block, but inside the car it'll drive you crazy.

Ideas?
Old 08-02-2012, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

If i'm understanding correctly, when you are rocking the car it is putting a load on the suspension. I would walk around and push down on all four corners, one at a time. This may help you localize the problem. How many miles on the car? I have a shot front strut at the moment and just pushing down on that fender makes it squeak.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dmax/04V
If i'm understanding correctly, when you are rocking the car it is putting a load on the suspension. I would walk around and push down on all four corners, one at a time. This may help you localize the problem. How many miles on the car? I have a shot front strut at the moment and just pushing down on that fender makes it squeak.
Car has 29K miles.

Imagine being suck in the snow or mud and 'rocking' the car to get out. Basically what I'm taking about.

Definitely coming from the rear of the car. I'll have to try what you said and push down on either side of the rear of the car.

Thanks!