Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V Thottle body porting (Money back guarantee)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012 | 10:23 PM
Teching In

what's the turnaround time frame, thanks
Old 09-09-2012 | 05:23 PM
Flow Wizard

Originally Posted by 2012BlackBitch
what's the turnaround time frame, thanks
About two weeks right now....PM me for details....I have other options that could shorten those lead times as well.

Thanks!
Tony

Originally Posted by NeonRon
I have an 06 Maggied and I'd love to have you port it for me. What exactly do I need to do to make it happen? I'm not a " super car guy" like most everyone sles on here, but I can do some stuff. You can email me at ron@rigbyneon.net if you would like. Thanks, Ron
What exact TB are you running?

And from here lets go to PM to keep the thread on topic

Thanks!
Tony

PM me for details....lets keep this thread
Old 09-09-2012 | 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Car looks amazing Tony, love the new V's. What wheels are you planning on getting?

I like what you did with the front emblem as well.

Going to lower it? Wouldn't need much, but just a bit to lessen the gap.
Old 09-09-2012 | 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
About two weeks right now....PM me for details....I have other options that could shorten those lead times as well.

Thanks!
Tony

What exact TB are you running?

And from here lets go to PM to keep the thread on topic

Thanks!
Tony

PM me for details....lets keep this thread
Tony, I did PM you about a week ago....did you receive it? I'll check to see what type of TB I have, them PM you again. Let me know if for some reason you didn't get my first PM. Email is easier for me because I get instant alerts on my phone.
Old 09-11-2012 | 12:43 PM
Flow Wizard

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Car looks amazing Tony, love the new V's. What wheels are you planning on getting?

I like what you did with the front emblem as well.

Going to lower it? Wouldn't need much, but just a bit to lessen the gap.
Thanks....

In fact I have a new aftermarket grill that I just finished prepping/painting that has no Caddy wreath flat spot in it so I can just mount the center emblem to it with no flat plate behind it. Its going to be a cleaner look without the plate with the aftermarket grill....I'm looking forward to seeing that on the car.

The tires and rims are Michelin Pilot Super Sports and Im going with a larger 265 in the front with the same aspect ratio (40 series) so it will be a little tall and a little further out (the rim offset) so that in itself should tighten that fender gap a bit. If I have to I will cut like half a coil from the car to drop it another 1/2 inch or so.....right now I just miss curbs with the front spoiler height.

Going with DS3 forgelines.....polished lip with a silver/clearcoat center....shooting for a more exotic "OEM" look....like a rim that might come on an a 100K+ sport sedan. Its a twin five spoke....elegant and sporty at the same time.

Here is a pic of it with a matte gray center which I considered but decided I wanted a brighter looking wheel going with the silver/clearcoat center instead.

Going with 295's in the rear btw.....once again a slightly taller tire due to the same aspect ratio (19" rim/tires).

I'm getting ready to do the matte black window molding treatment.....if I have some time this weekend I might tackle that project. Should give the car a sportier look. Im painting that fender grill body color gloss black (with a flat black center) to make that flow a little smoother and be an accent piece, not gaudy and draw your eye immediately like it does now....especially on a black car.

Im also going to literally cross drill and slot the factory rotors on the AFR CNC equipment....purely for aesthetics to help button up the new rim/tire look. I bought a new set of stock rotors to experiment with. It should look really good when Im done. One of the Engineers here at AFR will be helping me with the programming.....kinda of a cool project I have been planning for awhile.....just need to find the time to get it done.

OK.....back to the business of TB's.....LOL

Neon Ron, we have connected and you have my email addy.....Blackbitch you should also have a PM in your inbox with the information you requested.

Catch you guys later

-Tony
Old 09-11-2012 | 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
Blackbitch you should also have a PM in your inbox with the information you requested.
Old 09-11-2012 | 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Getting rid of the chrome on the sides is going to do alot to kill some of the cheapish (cheap as in cheap attempt to add luxury, not dollars) alot of newer cars have. It's going to bring it down a notch while making it look sleeker and classier IMO.

Love the wheels and I agree with you on the expensive stock wheels look. The wheel choice and not lowering it too much will give it a nice balanced stock style appearance which is what a car like this needs to really stand out and not look tuner-ish.

Props for keeping it simple and clean, it's going to really do the car justice.

I'll stop now and let you get back to the TB's

Old 09-11-2012 | 10:46 PM
Flow Wizard

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Getting rid of the chrome on the sides is going to do alot to kill some of the cheapish (cheap as in cheap attempt to add luxury, not dollars) alot of newer cars have. It's going to bring it down a notch while making it look sleeker and classier IMO.

Love the wheels and I agree with you on the expensive stock wheels look. The wheel choice and not lowering it too much will give it a nice balanced stock style appearance which is what a car like this needs to really stand out and not look tuner-ish.

Props for keeping it simple and clean, it's going to really do the car justice.

I'll stop now and let you get back to the TB's

Thanks for that post....seems we might have similar tastes

I tend to fall on the side of preferring an "understated" look that draws you in as you start to take notice of the tasteful small details the more you check the car out....LOL

I want the car to look like it could have been a 125K+ OEM 4-door sport sedan with the looks and the power to command that type of coin (for less than half that price in real dollars out of my pocket counting the original score on the car's purchase and all my upgrades).

Its an incredible platform stock just begging for the right tweaks mechanically and aesthetically. Im still impressed and loving the crap out of this car months after my original purchase....and the mods I have been doing to personalize and improve its performance just keep me coming back for more.

My C5 is gathering dust though and I still have one more round of testing on my 454....when will the week stretch to eight days!?

Too many projects.....too little time!

Oh well....I wont run out of things to live for in the next couple of decades!

Later,
Tony
Old 09-28-2012 | 07:43 PM
Teching In

Default Throttle body

Got mine today, rainy day, hope to install tomorrow!!
Old 09-29-2012 | 12:31 PM
Teching In

Default fo reals, WOW!

Ok, installed new throttle body today…fo reals, WOW! I had my doubts, but I’m convinced. So much so, that I had to warn my 17 year old son (drives to school and back), to be even more careful. Was it worth the $425.00? That’s on you; I believe, at least initially, I got my money’s worth. Now, I’m no turner guy, I just mess around, but I do have some basic diagnostic tools at my command. I plugged in my old acton 9180 and took a few seat of the pants measurements, I’m not even sure if these are the right measurements that are relevant to a throttle body change-10 minutes from hood up to hood down on the swap!
I had my 9180 set up for about 8 parameters, two of which were ABSLT TP%, and MAF, the following chart (solo driving and writing) shows what I got:

Understand, that it was just me driving and looking at the scanner and writing down the numbers, so some may be off a little (or a lot). My only other mod so far is the Lingenfelter factory airbox mod with K&N filter (when I first did this, the airbox mod, I threw a P0113 IAT Sensor 1 Ckt High code, no codes with the throttle body). Again, the subjective feel is more linear, as I press the gas from stop, the car goes with none of the previous lag, I also have noticed that an at idle ‘burp’ I had seems to be gone.

Sorry about 'the chart', I can't seem to get it to format right, "Old/New" should be under ABSLT TPS% and MAF FLOW GR/SE, then below that are the mph on left starting with 0 and ending with 60, then two groups of numbers each separated by "/" showing old [throttle body] values and new [throttle body] values at each speed.

MPH ABSLT TPS% MAF FLOW GR/SE
Old/New Old/New

0 18.4/17.6 7.29-7.51/7.49-9.94
10 22.7/20.7 10.9/21.06
20 25/22.3 15.7/12.65-17.0
30 25.8/25.0 17.3/16.3-18.5
40 30.5/26.2 23.9/28.27
50 33.3/27.0 33.35/27.74
60 30.5/31.7 27.3/50.58
Old 10-01-2012 | 12:12 AM
Flow Wizard

BlackBitch....glad you were pleased.

But your chart.....its given me a headache the two times I attempted to decipher it....LOL

Try using dashes or periods to separate the space between the figures. I copied part of a flowchart I posted to show you what I mean

Head….200….300….400….500….550….600……..Volume

“A”…..136….199….257….294….305….313………232 cc’s
“B”…..134….195….239….267….280….289………229 cc’s
“C”…..131….189….240….275….287….282………221 cc’s

Anyway....most importantly is your happy with the new throttle body!

Its a must have mod really....driving the car with the stock one again would be painful!

Enjoy!

-Tony

Quick Reply: CTS-V Thottle body porting (Money back guarantee)