Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

2nd gear burnout

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did mine in 2nd gear as well at about 4k. I got bored and hit the skinny pedal a little harder after while, then let back off just cuz. You really have to stand on the brakes to get it to stop.

P.S. it's really hard on the brakes. Line Lock would be awesome, but you'll have alot of $$ wrapped in tires using it lol.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess second gear makes sense. I had a Charger messing with me the other day. I rolled up to a stoplight but couldn't get stopped in time (I don't shift to first until coming to a stop as many of us do due to the trouble getting in to first). So from about 10 or 15mph I popped the clutch just as I floored it. Held the V sideways down the road a good 40ish feet. Was freaking awesome and no wheel hop
Old 08-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
I did mine in 2nd gear as well at about 4k. I got bored and hit the skinny pedal a little harder after while, then let back off just cuz. You really have to stand on the brakes to get it to stop.

P.S. it's really hard on the brakes. Line Lock would be awesome, but you'll have alot of $$ wrapped in tires using it lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdeGfNkI2ko
haha yea but you have a 9" ....i only put this up because people were asking how i was doing it with the stock getrag rear and not breaking it.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

Dude...did you just drive straight to Bell Tire after that smoke show?
That's the only concern I have is the brand new Toyo's. I'll burn em a little, but not like that!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, that's a tire shop burnout for sure. I think he said he wrapped the chords around his control arms.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Yeah, that's a tire shop burnout for sure. I think he said he wrapped the chords around his control arms.
^this^

I burnt a hole in the asphalt.

I only posted to show that I started in 2nd gear also.......and to show a proper burnout
Old 09-01-2012, 03:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Nice Lolly!! Car sounds good and looks clean!

I may add a line lock on mine. I don't like the idea of making the brakes fight the burnout by two pedaling it. It works but obviously not ideal. Ill be making a vid soon. About to need some tires so ill finish these nittos off the right way. Last time i did that (long ago)... I roasted em til they popped and the belts ripped up my plastic rear fender liners. lol Not an expensive fix so no big deal. When i roast them, I don't rap the RPM's out though like some folks. Some guys tap the rev limiter and hold it to the floor but there is no need for all that. Very easy to make a smoke show without beating the hell outta the car. Once you get the tires spinning, just give it moderate throttle to keep em turning. I hate seeing people hold the pedal to the floor thinking thats the way to do it. Poor cars... lol

Quick Reply: 2nd gear burnout