Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Picked up some 18x9 team dynamics racing ProRace 1.2's in black...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 10:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Picked up some 18x9 team dynamics racing ProRace 1.2's in black...

Just as the title says. They are the usual 18x9 all around with yokohama 255/40's all around. They are in good shape but they came off a wrecked V so one wheel has some minor scarring on the lip from rubbing in the wreck. Nothing too crazy but it's there. Basically just took the edge of the black coating off the lip and scuffed some of the letters imprinted on the edge of the wheel.

Anyway, I'm thinking I'll just send them to Powdercoat so what color do y'all think would look cool on a silver V? I have my fresh semi-gloss black powdercoated stockers which I intend to keep but since these could use a little touching up and I got a deal on em, I think I'm gonna send em to coating.

In thinking bronze would be kinda cool. Any other ideas? I love the black but no sense having two sets of black 18's and I figured maybe doing something different would be interesting. Open to all color suggestions. Feel free to post pics of ur ideas if u have some.

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 09-10-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Gun metal metallic..
Old 09-10-2012, 10:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Thats actually the other finish I was considering. The car has the grills painted black and all the lights smoked. I just want whatever color I go with to fit with the rest of the car. Something dark color wise most likely so it'll look right which is why gunmetal and bronze would be options I'd consider.

Wish I had some chrome wheels with chrome grills and clear lights just to be able to swap to classy from sinister for a bit but too late for that and I prefer the aggressive look more anyway.

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 09-10-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make sure you check that they arent bent
Old 09-11-2012, 01:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea powdercoating will cover the rash which is nice, im not a big fan of gunmetal on silver honestly. I wonder how they would look if you sent them to get dipped black chrome? Itd be prciey but it would be the only V with that color combo ive ever seen.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 bLACK CHROME

this shade/\
Old 09-11-2012, 08:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bronze burst! Bronze burst! Bronze burst!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

I'm not a fan of black wheels, but seeing how silver/black is sorta the theme you have going, black or gunmetal are your best choices. I vote gunmetal
Old 09-11-2012, 10:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Oh I'm gonna have my buddy check the one scarred wheel on the balancer at discount before I coat em but I'm 99% sure it's not bent. The hit missed the wheel. Just rubbed the edge a bit.

Allen and shady... Black chrome would look bad ***! I just don't know if I'd want to black chrome the TD wheels. If I'm going to spend the money on black chrome, I think I'd do another set of stock V wheels over these TD's due to the spoke on these being so thin.

Bud... I was thinking that color would look pretty sick and def unique on the car! Wish I could see a preview first though before I do it and find out I don't like it as much as I thought I would. Lol

Issacs... I know bud. The theme isn't for everyone. Seems like a love it or hate it thing. I just prefer the car to look more different than stock but I do like the clean and classy look of chrome on the car as well.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:47 AM
TECH Junkie

On silver:

Last edited by BudRacing; 09-11-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:04 AM
TECH Veteran

I'm really liking the top right wheel and the bottom one too (unless that's the same wheel at a different angle). Love that glossy finish. The top left is a little more flat than I like. Color is on point though! Top right is my favorite of the bunch though!

I generally prefer the more simple looking designs on wheels which is why I think I favor the stock wheels so much on these cars. Almost wonder if I should trade these for stockers before coating or just coat these so I have two completely different options. Hmm...

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 09-11-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That "speckled" gold looks a helluva alot better on silver than I thought it would.

The gloss black with a nice clear would look phenom too.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:31 PM
TECH Veteran

I know man. Looks killer! My stockers are semi-gloss black. I was told 100% gloss is hard to maintain and scratch/scuff easily. The semi-gloss is 60% gloss. I believe satin is 40%. so... They are right in between satin and full gloss. Might as well go with that different color on the extra wheels though. No sense having two sets of black wheels.

What do u guys run for center caps on the TD wheels??

I'm also wondering what the TD wheels will look like once done. They are more spokey than I typically like but I do like the extra .5" width and I also like that they look aftermarket as opposed to the stockers everyone has. I really want some staggered 19'either ally want CCW's but I like the forgestars too) but I'm not looking to spend a bunch more on this car. I'd prefer to put that money towards a V2 and pretty much leave this thing as is.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:03 PM
TECH Junkie

That first pic was actually a pretty poor example. I'm in love with this color and would love to do mine.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:17 PM
TECH Veteran

It looks nice man. Def better on silver than I expected!

Almost tempted to try some wild *** color. Lime green, bright red, orange, yellow, blue, etc. lol I know it's crazy and would prob look like **** but some cars can pull it off. With some of those yellow HID's in the fogs, might look kinda cool being so different but holy hell it would stand out like a sore thumb.

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 09-11-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

If you were using these for track duty I could see going with a wild color - there's something about bright/contrasting colors on a track setup that does it for me. For a daily I'd go more conventional.

I don't want to pollute this V thread with a bunch of Subaru pics, so below are some links to pics of my silver Subaru with different wheel colors, just to give you some ideas.

I picked up a set of dark blue Rotas for my silver Subaru (a better picture of the blue here) to use as track wheels, but I then scored the real version of that wheel style (Volk CE28) in gold, and that's my current auto-x setup. I also have the Rotas in bronze for my summer setup. I love the gold on silver look (have the same thing for my winter setup), but I don't know if it would look right on a CTS-V. But, I would have said the same thing about gold wheels on a red V, and I think the pics that have been posted in the Forgestar thread look pretty awesome, soooo... who knows?
Old 09-11-2012, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

I actually like that gold burst on silver.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My question is when are they going to be for sale? as in when are you gonna change your mind and want something else)
Old 09-11-2012, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

probably about 20 mins ago.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:08 PM
TECH Veteran

AAIIIC... Thanks for the pics bud! I like the crazy color combos but you're right... Something to the more subtle side would be more street appropriate I guess. I've seen some wild colors for wheels but you're right... They are mostly for track wheels. The gold/bronze color does look pretty sick to me though on the silver!

Big... I know bud! Looks killer. Really with those TF vantage 20's would have had a better back spacing. I couldn't get em under the car with it slammed because of the offset. But... They were lookin good on the car though!

Klon2ik... Prob soon. I never leave anything the same for long. Nothing wrong with constantly keepin it fresh. Otherwise... It's boring.

Quick Reply: Picked up some 18x9 team dynamics racing ProRace 1.2's in black...