Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

which fuel pump (aeromotive 340??)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I changed out my stock fuel pump with the Walbro 255 bout a year ago with no issues since. Mine is the gss317 which is the high flow Forced Induction Pump and is a direct replacement for the stock pump.

Features
255 LPH Feeds up to 750 HP at 60 psi
Proven Gerotor Design
Compact Enough to Fit in Existing Hanger Assemblies without Modification
Complete Kit with All Drop Parts, Accessories and Installation Instructions
Inlet Filter Meets or Exceeds Original Equipment Specifications and Provides Improved Filtration/Durability

http://www.holley.com/12-916.asp

Last edited by slvrvee; 09-20-2012 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Add additional info
Old 09-20-2012, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by va mike
like i said in teh other post, i bet it would have worked. maybe would have had to splice a thing or 2 and spend a bit of time figuring it out but hey i sold it to him for $50 less and still brand new in the box. literally. like i said i've used them meant for a different platform in cars before, you just need to THINK which clearly he can't do and can't even read.
Actually, it wouldn't have worked, if you'd have clicked my link you'd have known that. There's nothing to splice, as the connector is the exact same. I actually paid 100 bucks shipped from Summit to get the bare pump (which is all I needed, didn't need the accessories that came with it.)

Brand new in box? Here's a picture of the box that it came in. (and this is no ****. the car was parked at my parents, and I'm dog sitting since my dad works nights, and my mom is in Vegas for 2 weeks. He opened the USPS box to check it out and start the installation, and called me at work and was like what the hell is up with this box?)
Attached Thumbnails which fuel pump (aeromotive 340??)-img-20120920-00038.jpg  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it sat in the garage and got moved around. the **** was sitll in teh plastic with the caps all on the fittings on the pump. I've used this same exact pump in many other cars i've built. just went another route on the last car and didn't use it. if you must know i ran a 255 in tank and then a bosch 044 inline instead of dual 255s.

OMG the carbroad was dirty watch out.

like i said i would have had no issues refunding you your $, but you were a complete dick and didn't let me reply to your pm before crying like a baby. and dispute the paypal? i sent you a link to what i had and said it was new in the box. it was new in the box. the box was dirty from sittin in a garage big deal. the pump was clearly completely new.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I'm not so sure you'd win. If you wanna be a dick, I could gladly initiate the process. You saw I had a problem and offered a solution based on the assumption this was gonna fit my car.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

you still dont see where I'm comin from, YOU WERE A TOTAL DICK!

how would u win? i sent a link to the exact part you were receiving, tkae a picture of the art # on the box n tell me that isn't the link.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is no part # on the box because you ******* hosed it off before you hosed me. If you legit wanna play that game, that's fine. Buyer always wins and scammers really aren't welcome here.

Reason for dispute: seller claimed this product would work in my vehicle in this (link) thread. He offered to sell me this product knowing I needed an upgraded replacement for my dead stock unit. Got package in mail, inner carton was mangled and destroyed, product was in tact, but will not work for my application, as seller had suggested when offering it to me.

Sounds pretty winnable to me.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:13 AM
Staging Lane

i said i had a walbro 255 from another vehcile for sale, didn't say it would fit your specific application. i didn't look into them because i've used the same exact pump on 3 other cars all universal no issues.

hosed you? you have some ******* nerve. where do you think i got the part number? lets take a picture of every side of the box and the fuel pump and everything n then tell me there is no part #. I should have taken a picture of all of it before sending it to you just because you're being a BITCH. And if i was gonna scam someone I'd do it for alot more than some chump change and I wouldn't show back up afterward.

again, if you had simply waited for me to reply to a pm none of this would be an issue. but because you jump the gun and acted like this and really struck a nerve with me I have an issue giving you a refund.

please though, take a picture of every side of the box and tell me there is no part #. i even offered to send you pics of everything prior to you paying.

mangled and destroyed? there was was grease on it and the box had some creases.

I am really holding back on some of the things i want to say to you right now.

tell me how i am a scammer, i told you what i had and what you were getting and you got exactly that. It was in the box and it was the part # i gave you.

I have sold THOUSANDS of dollars of parts on other forums (even where the community is much smaller) and not 1 single issue.

see here's my other issue with giving you your $ back, you're still being a DICK. calling me names and accusing me when in fact i told you what I had n gave you exactly that. If you were a little more formal about all of this it would be no issue.
like i said. take a picture of every side n flap of the box and the fuel pump and tell me there is no part #. Think i made it up? I'm sure you won't though because that will discredit you. I told you what i had and linked you to it. not my fault you didn't follow up and look into it.

again, if you hadn't been such a **** from the get go i wouldn't have had an issue refunding your $.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

I mean I already apologized but alright.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Someone buy my v so I can get off car forum boards!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:48 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Making the prediction that Va Mike will not sell thousands of $ worth of parts on this forum
Old 09-21-2012, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DMM
Making the prediction that Va Mike will not sell thousands of $ worth of parts on this forum
Lol he can't even sell 80 dollars worth of parts without ******* up.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DMM
I honestly don't think there is a right or wrong party in this situation. Paypal dispute. I have done many. If the seller shows proof of delivery and that the item sent is the item he says he sent, then there is no way the buyer will win. It's up to the buyer to make sure he's purchasing the correct item. Now if the seller would have said, this is the part number of the pump and the buyer received a pump with a different part number than that's the seller's fault.

Just my 2cents, which isn't much anyway.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

you're right i won't sell thousands on here becuase i have NO interest in building my v. it's not a good platform IMO, its a nice DD and thats it.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:20 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

I think the point that I was attempting to convey was misunderstood. My thoughts are that when you buy/sell something (especially via a small community forum such as this) you are more entering a gentleman's agreement more so than completing a sale's transaction.

A gentleman's agreement relies on the honor and honesty of the parties involved for its fulfillment vice a legal contract.

Did RADEoN go about this the wrong way? Yes. Although, he required additional assistance to obtain the correct item and in doing so called out VA Mike by means of public forum regardless of the language that was used. Granted, his exact language served only to unnecessarily agitate the transaction.

Did VA Mike go about things in the wrong way? Yes. You contacted him directly via public forum stating that you had an item that would solve his issue at a discounted price. Regardless of what item you actually presented, it was the manner in which it was presented that was the driving force behind the purchase.

Like I said...it's a small community but can have wide ranging consequences since this forum is visited often by many people.

How about you two kiss and make up...then come to an agreement that is fair and reasonable to both parties. Or, the item could be listed in CL for a local sale...if that doesn't work then discuss further options.

I honestly would choose not to deal with either of you at this point...but I rarely make sales/purchases via forums. I don't think either of you are aware of the spectacle you are making of yourselves.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Radeon. Sell the pump on your own and put it in the past. You will get your money back that way but you will not win a PayPal dispute its the buyers responsibility to know what they are buying. Thread is getting locked you can take it to pm's if the pissing match is to continue.

Quick Reply: which fuel pump (aeromotive 340??)