Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Projector Halo Headlights & Foglights

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkOne
I would have to buy aftermarket hid ballasts since oem doesn't fit the ebay headlights, correct?
Just buy a hid kit from some one like ddm or the ones off ebay. comes with ballast and bulb.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:58 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rock44
yep. You should be able to get them for around $230 shipped. Don't buy from the seller yishiau though, I've been waiting on a replacement since May 10th because one halo didnt work. I decided to get the chrome ones by the way.
Attached Thumbnails Projector Halo Headlights & Foglights-photogrid_1398490039238.jpg  

Last edited by 81LS1Camaro; 07-23-2014 at 10:05 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 07-24-2014, 05:46 AM
TECH Resident

Got my HID kit from DDM. Also went ahead and got an HID kit for my foglights being as I will have the bumper off already anyways.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

How are ya'll liking the light output compared to stock? Specifically someone who had some upgraded HID bulbs in their stocks & then went to these new housings? I ask because the after market headlights for my Impala, while a nice upgrade from stock Impala headlights, sucked compared to the stock V with stock bulbs & they were HID too.

I actually LIKE my current output from my stock V headlights with upgraded bulbs & do not want to take a step backwards.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LAYGO
How are ya'll liking the light output compared to stock? Specifically someone who had some upgraded HID bulbs in their stocks & then went to these new housings? I ask because the after market headlights for my Impala, while a nice upgrade from stock Impala headlights, sucked compared to the stock V with stock bulbs & they were HID too.

I actually LIKE my current output from my stock V headlights with upgraded bulbs & do not want to take a step backwards.
I would also like to know. I want to do the triple halos but I don't want to take steps back. I love my stock output.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:36 PM
12 Second Club

My stock lenses were a little hazy so my stock output sucked. I think the aftermarket lights are way better than what I had. But I would not think it would be any better than stock with a clear lense.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:00 AM
Launching!

I don't know if I ordered the wrong thing or what but my fog lights I got from ddm had to be plugged in upside down to the cars harness, I guess power and ground were backwards
Old 07-25-2014, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by '99REDTA
I don't know if I ordered the wrong thing or what but my fog lights I got from ddm had to be plugged in upside down to the cars harness, I guess power and ground were backwards
Yeah, It's reverse polarity. Mine were the same.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tpagreenhornet
I would also like to know. I want to do the triple halos but I don't want to take steps back. I love my stock output.
You look like you have the same aftermarket SS lights. I liked them over stock, but man, they didn't hold up for me. :\
Old 07-25-2014, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LAYGO
You look like you have the same aftermarket SS lights. I liked them over stock, but man, they didn't hold up for me. :\

ST is suppose to have a lifetime warranty but who knows. Mine started getting stress cracks in the poly after a year in the Fla sun. Its sitting on a trailer for the last two years now. After the V it might get some love.
I miss my lazy boy seat.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tpagreenhornet
ST is suppose to have a lifetime warranty but who knows. Mine started getting stress cracks in the poly after a year in the Fla sun. Its sitting on a trailer for the last two years now. After the V it might get some love.
I miss my lazy boy seat.
Hehehe, my SS has been sitting for 3 yrs now too . . . and ya, my lenses are cracked now too. I love it, but it got beat up in a hail storm in April! People ask to buy it, but I can't bear to part with it. It was my dream car in '97, bought it in '01, drove it until '11.

I just paid off the V, so we'll see, but I think my after I get thru these next few expensive purchases for the V (tires/struts/etc), I'll be putting my money into my '65 Bug.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:53 AM
Teching In

No! You can't let her go. When it's been paid off and having something different, you have to hang on to it. Plus the b body guys are a special group.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 81LS1Camaro
yep. You should be able to get them for around $230 shipped. Don't buy from the seller yishiau though, I've been waiting on a replacement since May 10th because one halo didnt work. I decided to get the chrome ones by the way.
Ok after 3 months I got a replacement. I installed it and have been driving for about a week now, now the lower passenger side halo is not working again. Just a heads up for people wondering about he quality of them. I also have a problem where only one half of the halo lights up on the other side.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 81LS1Camaro
Ok after 3 months I got a replacement. I installed it and have been driving for about a week now, now the lower passenger side halo is not working again. Just a heads up for people wondering about he quality of them. I also have a problem where only one half of the halo lights up on the other side.
Useful info for myself and anyone else considering these lights. Nobody wants to have to have that bumper on and off more than they need to because of a crappy part. My concern is that most of these eBay vendors use the same supplier for the parts they sell. Is there any distinctive marking on your lights to suggest who actually manufactured them? "Eagle Eyes" seems to be a popular manufacturer on eBay, but I'm sure there are others...
Old 01-12-2016, 12:11 PM
Teching In

I'm bringin' this one back!!!

Any update on these, good-bad-other?!? I need a headlight for my 2004 V and I am considering this route. I am still confused as to the wiring, has a how-to or other write-up been put together?

Anything better on the market right now?

Thanks and all comments welcome.

KZad
Old 01-12-2016, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Wiring is well written out in post #3. Once you take the bumper off and get in there it will make a lot more sense.

better on market? not that I'm aware of.

Mine have been going strong for over a year now with no issues.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:07 AM
TECH Resident

Has anyone cracked open these halo projector headlights? I noticed my drivers side halo is out and its not even a year old yet. I'm tempted crack them open and use better products.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I did, what you wanna know?

Will change to cob led rings with the chromed inside part into the oem housing to use the D1S lights, if the inner parts are matching together, otherwise put the D1S projector into the Depo housing!

Here are some pics, if interressted:

Regards,
Ronald

Last edited by Choppy_Idle; 04-26-2016 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:32 PM
TECH Resident

I need to do this but my car would be parked with no headlights for awhile. I know nothing about retrofitting.

Originally Posted by Choppy_Idle
Yes, I did, what you wanna know?

Will change to cob led rings with the chromed inside part into the oem housing to use the D1S lights, if the inner parts are matching together, otherwise put the D1S projector into the Depo housing!

Here are some pics, if interressted:

Regards,
Ronald
Old 04-26-2016, 11:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put it into the oven for 10 min.at 100°C, then use some flat screwdrivers and seperate the glass from the housing, if you only wanna change a bulb in the headlights, you must not go this way

Regards,
Ronald

Quick Reply: Projector Halo Headlights & Foglights