Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

LG Motorsports coil overs and G-Force 9" rear ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 06:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang, I was seriously considering ordering the 9 inch, just cause my driveshaft snapped, and I figured I would do it all at once...........but the car is down, I dont want to wait forever for the car to be back up again, been there did that.

It explains why they haven't responded when I sent an email requesting the turnaround on getting it if I ordered.

I would really like the lifetime warranty rear end....but it would depend on how much longer it'd be before they start sending them out
Old 03-04-2013, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

have they given you an ETA recently of when to expect it?
Old 03-04-2013, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

should have got just got the CS 8.8 kit, i got mine in under a month and its taking the power im putting to it
Old 03-05-2013, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Apparently Strange is part of the problem, but we'll see. I wasn't too worried about the delay initially as it was winter and I wasn't driving the car anyway. Now, with the first track day around the corner, I'm not very confident that my car will be ready (I want all my new parts on beforehand). I'm waiting on an order update now.

That said, I have picked up cradle bushings, control arm bushings and trailing arm bushings to go on as well. Also, need to order some rebuilt calipers.

On top of that, I just ordered a fixed back race seat (only ordered the one for now in case there were any issues that I had to send them back for) and am going to try to get an appointment set up soon for my rear roll bar install.

When all is said and done, it should feel like a new car for a while.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by runsfromdacops
should have got just got the CS 8.8 kit, i got mine in under a month and its taking the power im putting to it
I dunno if the 8.8 would be able to handle my stock+headers power though...
Old 03-05-2013, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

let us know when you get your next update on it
Old 03-05-2013, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cancel it and make an offer on my 8.8
Old 03-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah i have the 9" and it took 2.5 months to get here and there wasnt a storm and they were not moving at the time. I think the issue is that most of their business is with camaro's, gto's and g8's which they stock parts for.

That being said, I was missing the vent which they had to overnight, they sent me a set of camaro bushings that i had to take and ship back to them, my inner stubs leak so bad that every trip on the freeway covers the entire rear of my car in gear oil and im on the second set of those, soon to be third. Also the second set of axles will be showing up shortly. Ive had that rear end out of my car 5 times so far iirc and every single time i have to pay to get it aligned again. Even after all the problems ive had and yet to have I call them and get a bad attitude over the phone from the ******that answers them.

Oh and to top it all off i had to pay an $800 deposit so they could send me the new axles before i sent my others back. They expect me to take my car apart and have it down for a week plus when it is my daily driver because they fail to take care of their customers who have spent almost $6000 with them and over $500 in alignments due to them.

Rant over.

Last edited by COLEVETTE; 03-07-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by COLEVETTE
Yeah i have the 9" and it took 2.5 months to get here and there wasnt a storm and they were not moving at the time. I think the issue is that most of their business is with camaro's, gto's and g8's which they stock parts for.

That being said, I was missing the vent which they had to overnight, they sent me a set of camaro bushings that i had to take and ship bnack to them, my inner stubs leak so bad that every trip on the freeway covers the entire rear of my car in gear oil and im on the second set of those, soon to be third. Also the second set of axles will be showing up shortly. Ive had that rear end out of my car 5 times so far iirc and every single time i have to pay to get it aligned again. Even after all the problems ive had and yet to have I call them and get a bad attitude over the phone with the ******that answers them.

Oh and to top it all off i had to pay an $800 deposit so they could send me the new axles before i sent my others back. They expect me to take my car apart and have it down for a week plus when it is my daily driver because they fail to take care of their customers whom has spent almost $6000 with them and over $500 in alignments due to them.
Damn.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

That being said, I was missing the vent which they had to overnight, they sent me a set of camaro bushings that i had to take and ship back to them, my inner stubs leak so bad that every trip on the freeway covers the entire rear of my car in gear oil and im on the second set of those, soon to be third. Also the second set of axles will be showing up shortly. Ive had that rear end out of my car 5 times so far iirc and every single time i have to pay to get it aligned again. Even after all the problems ive had and yet to have I call them and get a bad attitude over from the phone with the ******that answers them.

Oh and to top it all off i had to pay an $800 deposit so they could send me the new axles before i sent my others back. They expect me to take my car apart and have it down for a week plus when it is my daily driver because they fail to take care of their customers who have spent almost $6000 with them and over $500 in alignments due to them.

Rant over.
Wow! My Creative Steel 8.8 looks like a fricken gold mine now!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah it kinda sucks when you feel embarassed to take people in your nice car that smells of 75w 90
Old 03-07-2013, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

i ordered a kit from them. I'm gonna be uploading pics and what not soon. I definitely have a fun little story for yall as well. I will just say this, I'm hoping to get my car back today after ordering the kit on Dec 19th.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

That being said, I was missing the vent which they had to overnight, they sent me a set of camaro bushings that i had to take and ship back to them, my inner stubs leak so bad that every trip on the freeway covers the entire rear of my car in gear oil and im on the second set of those, soon to be third. Also the second set of axles will be showing up shortly. Ive had that rear end out of my car 5 times so far iirc and every single time i have to pay to get it aligned again. Even after all the problems ive had and yet to have I call them and get a bad attitude over the phone from the ******that answers them.

Rant over.

Allow me to add to to Colevette's experience with the 9" product.

It started with buying econo axles in Aug/ Sep time frame of 2011. took over 2 months to receive. Decided not to install due to hearing that the cv's dont hold up with the axles installed. Ordered the stock replacement full axles, and waited another month and a half to get them. Put the pass side in the diff and it would not come back out. Machined just small enough to force in but too much friction to pull back out. And the pass side inner stub would not even go it the stock diff, machined too big. Sent the whole diff back. After a few weeks it is returned to me. Also I screw up the rear cv boot on my stock DS so order a 2 piece from GForce, took a few weeks to get. The adapter for the stock replacement driveshaft to the diff was not fully machined, and I could not get one of the 6 bolts in that hold it on the pinion. I was sent a new adapter overnight. Finally new DS with stock diff all back in and diff starts whining within 50 or so miles. The diff was disassembled by Gforce and not properly set up. So now I get the 9" for a right price given what has happened. I also did not get a vent for the 9" housing and it was overnighted to me.

Seals constantly leaked, replaced 3 sets on my own, but luckily I bought a lifetime alignment at Firestone so did not have it as bad as Colevette. I sent the axle stubs back to be checked due to leaking after one blew out with 1400 miles on it while on a road trip and had to pay for it to be replaced. Finally received revised bearing set on the stubs, but still had the C Clip retainer and the seals still leaked oil and grease. Finally send the whole diff back to be checked, it comes back with the revised enclosed double sealed retainers, and a bunch of scratches in the powder coat of the housing.

I also have had an issue with pressure build up and the vent along with the seals blowing diff fluid out so I had Canton make me a remote catch can and used AN-8 hose to make it re circulate, in other words the diff is double vented out the vent and fill plug to a remote canister with its own vent. finally quit spewing fluid out the vent.

While all this is going on, even up to present day, the DS has had a vibration. The u joints are not at a good angle due to the front bracket angle on the new diff. Played with driveline angles by shimming the carrier, but to no avail because the carrier also induces load vibrations but giving too much or not enough. I am on the fourth adapter from the trans to the driveshaft as well, finally the last one centered on the output shaft pin on the trans.

Now to top it off, their vendor wont honor warranty work, and come to find out, Gforce got a credit for work I paid for out of pocket to get the latest ( 3rd) driveshaft lengthened due to being almost 2" too short. I never got the credit and have a driveshaft that wont work.

Oh, almost forgot, never had anything show up fast like new diff, axles or anything that has to be made. They dont stock this ****, but lie and say its on the shelf.

I can say they try to work with you, but never will recommend them until they fix these issues with their product, leaking and vibrating is almost as bad as blown up, and hey atleast with a stock blown diff I can get one from a local dealer and put it in pretty quick and keep the car going.

My car has been down since this time last year, sitting on jackstands most of the time except for my monthlong roadtrip where it vibrated the **** out of me so bad I had to stop every hour and the blown seal in the middle of it.

I have contacted anopther Driveshaft manufacturer abnout a 1 piece driveshaft with CVs on each end and a pinoin for the 9" that accepts the 6 bolt pancake CVs, and avoids the whole carrier bearing shifter clearance issue.

If you want to know more then PM me.

Ok im done
Old 03-07-2013, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn guys sorry to hear about your issues w/ the 9.. thanks for posting

Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd
I dunno if the 8.8 would be able to handle my stock+headers power though...
i have the same setup, it handles it just fine
Old 03-07-2013, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Holy ****.........I dono if I want to order this anymore.......
Old 03-07-2013, 05:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

The main reason I would choose this over the 8.8 is because of the lifetime warranty, but if this **** is down all the damn time, than the warranty doesn't mean **** cause my car is still broke.........
Old 03-07-2013, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks like i made the right chocice on the CS 8.8 which i have non of these problems with.

thanks for posting.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

Slowlane, I didn't mention it but I indeed have the pressure issues with the vent. What I did to fix that is weld a piece of 1/4 plate with room on each end to vent on the inside of the housing. It did stop the spewing problem I had but I still run a vented overflow in the pass side wheel well behind the liner just in case.

Sorry to the op for the massive hijack. And sorry Chris, this had to be done. I'm fed up
Old 03-07-2013, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Oh, a few more tidbits

I was told repetitively I was the only one with this problem, they just don't have these problems with vibrations and leaks. Then they have revised parts to address vibrations. I knew they were lying to me from reading previous posts on here about other people having issues with their kit.

I even took off the BMR tie rods and trailing arms and replaced the engine and trans mount with OE parts just to be sure it wasn't something else.

Ok I think I am done for now... nope

After Casey's crap yesterday, and the refusal of PST to fix the shaft that was too short ( I did attempt to have another shop make it longer but they failed so it would still require rework by PST either way, I just wasted my own money, not GForces fault)

Double sorry to the OP, and ditto, I am more than fed up with having a car sit I cant drive for this long. Glad you have a product offering, but it needs serious work.

Last edited by slowlaneblues06; 03-07-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

****. So much for worth the wait...

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports coil overs and G-Force 9" rear ordered!