Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

LG Motorsports coil overs and G-Force 9" rear ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmac2419
i ordered a kit from them. I'm gonna be uploading pics and what not soon. I definitely have a fun little story for yall as well. I will just say this, I'm hoping to get my car back today after ordering the kit on Dec 19th.
What the hell? Dec 19th and you 'already' have yours? I ordered mine over a month earlier.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:45 PM
FoD
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd
What the hell? Dec 19th and you 'already' have yours? I ordered mine over a month earlier.
Somebody has some 'splainin to do!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:22 AM
On The Tree

As unorganized as this process was, I'm not surprised. I hate the fact that you still haven't gotten yours yet. I have been blowing up Gforces phone since jan 2nd, so that could be the reason. Casey is nice about everything, but niceness only goes so far. Waiting on parts, parts not delivered, etc etc. It's ridiculous that they are doing this kinda **** on a kit that costs over 1/3 of the cars worth now (assuming we all have <$21k cars, i know not everyone does).
Old 03-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Staging Lane

I wonder why they're not chiming in on this.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by COLEVETTE
I wonder why they're not chiming in on this.
Because they are moving shops. OBVIOUSLY
Old 03-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tmac2419
Because they are moving shops. OBVIOUSLY
Haha I'll bet their downsizing
Old 03-08-2013, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by COLEVETTE
Haha I'll bet their downsizing
their number of customers? probably. BOOM ROASTED!
Old 03-15-2013, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So the pumpkin showed up today from Strange. Supposedly everything will be on its way by next week.

Side note, rear coilovers are on. And they're 8.6 pounds lighter each.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Side note, rear coilovers are on. And they're 8.6 pounds lighter each.
dam thats a big difference
Old 03-15-2013, 02:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how did you go about ordering your coilovers? I am thinking of going this route
Old 03-15-2013, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by runsfromdacops
dam thats a big difference
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by the added bonus benefit of these. I'm looking forward to seeing the weight of my car after the seat swap and everything (I think the weight of the cage should be more than offset. The seats without brackets are 19 pounds each. ) The last time I had it weighed it was about 3700 pounds.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

To order the coilovers give LG a call. They never got much interest apparently so each set is made to order and it takes a while.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Interested to hear how the coil overs make the car feel. Plus we all like nice pics of shiny new parts!!
Old 03-16-2013, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Well if it makes you feel any better, I'm having to send the whole kit back. The passenger side axle stub isnt sitting flush and is leaking. We've tried everything, even went to KS to talk to them in person, still leaking. 5 months of this ****. Simple bolt in with minor fab work my ***. For 7k, this should have been easy.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Haven't posted any updates because I keep having a "Bad Request" issue on LS1Tech exclusively with Google Chrome. So I have to use IE to browse...

Anyway, I'm going to start another thread about my coilovers and roll bar install to leave this one for the 9" discussion.

That said, I wish I would've known about all these bad experiences BEFORE I ordered everything and it started showing up (glad I got hooked up with free shipping. This **** is heavy). I've been getting parts of the kit in the mail. Looks like I should have everything by tomorrow or next week. Hopefully, I'll end up as one of the 'lucky' ones...
Old 03-22-2013, 06:32 AM
On The Tree

I have a new update for yall as well. The pumpkin has been leaking ever since we installed it about 3 weeks ago. Finally got to the point of pure anger towards this. So, for the final solution, we are trailering my car to KS so Gforce can install it themselves and going back the next weekend to pick it back up.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

I was close to trailering it myself, but I spent 7 years turning wrenches, was ASE certified for 5. I have done countless engine, trans and diff jobs, clutches, you name it. It is a design issue. i am going to pick up some more seals for the aluminum outer retainer that was finally added to mine once I did send the pumpkin back. I am hoping that it is just venting a little of the grease out of the seal that may have been packed in there. The diff is in essence double sealed "I think"

As for the vibrations form driveline angle, I will start a new post soon. IO am working on fitment for a 1 piece DS with 2 CVs so there is no u joint angles to worry about. Cadillac used 2 cvs on the back half of the OEM DS for a reason.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slowlaneblues06
I was close to trailering it myself, but I spent 7 years turning wrenches, was ASE certified for 5. I have done countless engine, trans and diff jobs, clutches, you name it. It is a design issue. i am going to pick up some more seals for the aluminum outer retainer that was finally added to mine once I did send the pumpkin back. I am hoping that it is just venting a little of the grease out of the seal that may have been packed in there. The diff is in essence double sealed "I think"

As for the vibrations form driveline angle, I will start a new post soon. IO am working on fitment for a 1 piece DS with 2 CVs so there is no u joint angles to worry about. Cadillac used 2 cvs on the back half of the OEM DS for a reason.
Well the thing is, my dad has been working for Cadillac for over 30 years! He knows what he is doing as well. It is definitely a design issue. It just sucks, basically the only instructions on how it should be done for someone who may not be as experienced have to follow a forum members instructions rather than from the manufacturer themselves. Not saying their instructions are bad or anything, bc we definitely used Lollygagger's write up and it was helpful.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys this sounds like an absolute nightmare. Was looking to pick up a V1, slap a 9" and a S/C on it and go however it sounds like that would be much more of a mess than I'm interested in. Time to start reseraching the 8.8 rears!

OP, good luck with getting everything together.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Midnight02
Guys this sounds like an absolute nightmare. Was looking to pick up a V1, slap a 9" and a S/C on it and go however it sounds like that would be much more of a mess than I'm interested in. Time to start reseraching the 8.8 rears!

OP, good luck with getting everything together.
The worst part of the whole thing is, along with the lifetime warranty, this could have been one hell of a purchase. The parts all look quality, it's just the execution of the entire assembly is off. And having to deal with parts missing, no clear instructions, etc. It just dampens your enthusiasm. I'm done with it, I just want my car back! Hopefully it will be done by next Saturday :/. If they cant fix it themselves, then forget about it!

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports coil overs and G-Force 9" rear ordered!