Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Interest in 06/07 Delrin Cradle Bushings ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Fuzzy, you went overboard with the criticism for these delrin bushings. It would have been better placed in a new thread titled "poly vs delrin bushings" or something like that. I myself am guilty of getting into that in this thread.

Also, I honestly don't care if Junior gets a cut, which is far from certain. Most likely, he is helping his fabricator make a buck. We all send business to people we like. Each of us is free to make a buying decision based on our own price tolerance. His interest in delrin bushings for his own race car is long-standing and well-documented. It's not like he's trying to exploit the community or anything.

Fuzz, you and others have presented data and arguments both for and against different materials. Obviously, no material is optimal under all circumstances.

So I say thanks to Junior for offering this tiny niche community another viable option.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
While we're accusing each other of having secret relationships with companies, why don't you tell us why you're promoting these bushings instead of the owner of the shop? Do you get anything out of it?
Nobody accused you of anything. You said so in your own reply to my question.

If you've read my posts in these threads then you know that I wasn't promoting 1 way or the other. I was happy to have another source for products and shared them with the community.

The "control arm bushing" thread, that you also got involved in, made clear mention of the shop that did my work as well as listed all of their contact info for those.

The "GP "threads also clearly state that it is an independent fab guy doing the work and not a shop. I've also made numerous mentions of how I didn't have a horse in this race as recent as yesterday.

What's ironic, since I don't have a 2006-2007, is that based on your own interest and others was the reason I mentioned it to the guy in the first place.

What do I get out of the deal? a "thank you" from a fellow member.
The same way I thanked Tony "twitch" for letting me use his tape at V Day. Or the way countless others have helped me when I was stuck at the track and needed a tool or a jack.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DACTARI
Fuzzy, you went overboard with the criticism for these delrin bushings. It would have been better placed in a new thread titled "poly vs delrin bushings" or something like that. I myself am guilty of getting into that in this thread.

So I say thanks to Junior for offering this tiny niche community another viable option.
I disagree that I went overboard. I'm not trying to be a jerk, even if it comes off that way (I'm an ENTJ--I make snap judgments a lot--so I'm used to it). In my mind, if evidence appears that proves me wrong, my reputation will take a hit and I'll suck it up. The only objective here, in my opinion, is to ferret out the best possible understanding of the problem and the best possible solution for multiple applications.

I think that Junior definitely deserves kudos for taking the time to convince the guy he's got to make bushings for the community. I did the same thing with the Forgestar wheels and helped finance the Killernoodle trailing arms (Killer--if you're reading this--my shop investment offer still stands). It takes a lot of time, and if you're lucky, you get a couple of bucks off the part they make for you. But you still have to pay.

The best part about this kind of stuff (Junior's stuff, Killer's stuff, my stuff) is when you start to establish momentum, vendors start to take notice and make stuff of their own accord, instead of waiting for us to come, extolling the virtues of our platform....or failing that, groveling and pleading.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

After the chat with John at Revshift, I will continue to use their products.

IMO it takes a stand up guy to contact someone proactively, on another forum, to explain...
Old 11-16-2012, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Junior-1
After the chat with John at Revshift, I will continue to use their products.

IMO it takes a stand up guy to contact someone proactively, on another forum, to explain...
I think you lost some of us, just trying to follow along here, regardless of what Fuzzy is talking about around materials used in these options why the sudden 180 on revshift or need to speak with them?
Old 11-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Teching In

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm kind of excited to see what Revshift brings out...

Also, this is (for the most part) an interesting discussion from an outsiders point of view...
Old 11-16-2012, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by garrettg
I think you lost some of us, just trying to follow along here, regardless of what Fuzzy is talking about around materials used in these options why the sudden 180 on revshift or need to speak with them?
It seemed as though certain posts were being made with an underlying bias towards a specific product and vendor right in the middle of my GP for something different.

If that vendor had anything to do with it, I was choosing publicly not to use their product or carry their name/logo on my vehicle, if that was the way they did business.

I was then contacted by that company, on another forum, with an explanation. I found that to be very stand up and appreciated the gesture.

For that, I decided to continue using their product on my racecar...
Old 11-16-2012, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CoSteve
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm kind of excited to see what Revshift brings out...

Also, this is (for the most part) an interesting discussion from an outsiders point of view...
Yep, the end result is both a delrin product and poly product coming out around the same time for the 06/07 platform...
Old 11-16-2012, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Junior-1
Yep, the end result is both a delrin product and poly product coming out around the same time for the 06/07 platform...
Will these delrin cradle bushings raise the body from the cradle in relation to stock. Will they act as small spacers in addition to bushings? Curious if the bmr or any other vendor future development chassis bar would have enough clearance from the gas tank after installing these.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by garrettg
Will these delrin cradle bushings raise the body from the cradle in relation to stock. Will they act as small spacers in addition to bushings? Curious if the bmr or any other vendor future development chassis bar would have enough clearance from the gas tank after installing these.
They should not raise the body. The same way the 04/05's didn't. And yes, they will act as spacers in addition to the existing bushings. These are an add-on and not r&r.

They will look basically the same as in the picture on page 1 except for shorter tabs and a narrower cross section to coincide with the different cradle design.

Not sure about clearance for additional chassis bars, but if all stays the same it should be fine...
Old 11-16-2012, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How much work is involved to pull the subframe ? Seems like a pretty big job. Can the stock bushings be removed without any special dies or a press ?
Old 11-17-2012, 09:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jmargo
How much work is involved to pull the subframe ? Seems like a pretty big job. Can the stock bushings be removed without any special dies or a press ?
There are 4 main bolts holding the cradle up. Ideally you would want to use a lift but others have used jackstands and then a floor jack to raise and lower the cradle.
For the delrin ones, you have to lower it, lube up the new bushings and add them in.
The poly design needs the complete stock bushing removed since it is being replaced. That needs to be pressed out or use a tool similar to the one Max rents out for the diff bushing.

Quick Reply: Interest in 06/07 Delrin Cradle Bushings ?