Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Gahhh the volatile LED market...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012 | 10:38 PM
TECH Junkie
10 Year Member

Default Gahhh the volatile LED market...

Well, crap. I was all excited to show you how my new 194-type sidemarker LEDs lit up my smoked sidemarkers compared to the best set of LEDs I found last year.

Unfortunately, I waited a couple of months to install them and when I checked my eBay purchase history to grab product links for you guys, I discovered that (yet again) everyone had quickly moved on to a new, 7.5W design. Unfortunately, the design probably won't fit in our sidemarker housings.

Anyway, can't let the pictures go to waste...here's a before and after with my smoked sidemarkers:

Best 2011 194 LED found on eBay

Best 2012 194 LED found on eBay
Old 11-17-2012 | 08:59 PM
TECH Junkie
10 Year Member

Scratch that, I found 'em again!

These are 12 watt units. You have to specify the color when ordering. Expect to have to use a knife to trim down the edges of the contacts slightly to fit inside the CTS-V sidemarker base. By default, when the base is fully locked into the sidemarker, these LEDs will be oriented such that their light is projected forward and backward instead of straight up and down along the length of the sidemarker. If that bothers you like it bothered me, you can fix that by rotating the base just slightly so it begins to lock, then use two wraps of electrical tape to hold that setting.
Old 11-17-2012 | 09:21 PM
TECH Junkie
10 Year Member

Here's a video to help you judge this better. The first couple of blinks are from the 12 watt side...and the last couple are from the old, 7.5 watt side.

Quick Reply: Gahhh the volatile LED market...