Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Post What Fuel System You're Running!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 54inches
Would you just sell the new lid as a nice upgrade and the end user source their own Camaro Bucket/Pump?
Sure, that's not a problem. But keep in mind that the stock Camaro bucket is gutted and the only part reused is the shell. All the expense is in the rest of the unit.

Andy
Old 12-28-2012, 06:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about you ditch the crossover. Tap the bottom of the tank on both sides. Run a line on the bottom of the tank to each side. Self leveling fuel tank.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:53 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by realsquash
Sure, that's not a problem. But keep in mind that the stock Camaro bucket is gutted and the only part reused is the shell. All the expense is in the rest of the unit.

Andy
So, what would you say is required to complete the fuel system? FPR? -8 feed and -6 return? What do you think this would cost for a 700 whp fueling solution?

Thanks for your insight here BTW!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Tap the tanks on the bottom. Y block to twin walbro 400 lph pumps. 1000 hp. Ming!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DMM
So, what would you say is required to complete the fuel system? FPR? -8 feed and -6 return? What do you think this would cost for a 700 whp fueling solution?

Thanks for your insight here BTW!
The stock supply line is 3/8 so you can reuse that for the new supply, that's fine. IIRC the V1 has a combo filter/FPR like the C5 vette does, so that would have to come out but you'll still need a filter. GM filters are generally fine, but I would get one without the FPR built in. You could also just plug the return port and leave it. But you'll need an FPR at the engine somewhere and you'll have to run a return line. I would run a 3/8 hard line or -6 AN hose back to the tank.

Andy
Old 12-28-2012, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

The v1 does not have the same fuel filter regulator as a c5
Old 12-28-2012, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98cobra
The v1 does not have the same fuel filter regulator as a c5
What does it have?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:48 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What does it have?
The V1 fuel system has a FPR that hangs off the back of the fuel pump module. The output of the pump first drives the Jet pump, then exits the fuel pump module to the fuel filter. The fuel filter has two fittings (unregulated) on the supply side of the filter...the fuel supply is in the center, and the "return" is offset. The return line is plumbed back to the fuel pump module, and finally the FPR. This way, the fuel in the system behind the regulator is maintained at 58 PSI (or so was the intent).

I believe that the filter can be tossed, and an aftermarket regulator installed in its place. That would negate the need to run a return line all the way to the engine.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DMM
The V1 fuel system has a FPR that hangs off the back of the fuel pump module. The output of the pump first drives the Jet pump, then exits the fuel pump module to the fuel filter. The fuel filter has two fittings (unregulated) on the supply side of the filter...the fuel supply is in the center, and the "return" is offset. The return line is plumbed back to the fuel pump module, and finally the FPR. This way, the fuel in the system behind the regulator is maintained at 58 PSI (or so was the intent).

I believe that the filter can be tossed, and an aftermarket regulator installed in its place. That would negate the need to run a return line all the way to the engine.

Thats what I thought it was.... I realize its not the same part as the c5 uses though.

Andy
Old 12-28-2012, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Andy
I meant I would just use a stock bucket with stock FP from a Camaro with your lid, so it would be a plug and play per say.

Anyone seen this from Fastlane:

http://www.fastlaneturbo.com/fastlan...umpmodule.aspx

with Camaro tank:

With as many upgrades out there for the camaro, with the new lid, possibilities are high.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 54inches
I meant I would just use a stock bucket with stock FP from a Camaro with your lid, so it would be a plug and play per say.

Anyone seen this from Fastlane:

http://www.fastlaneturbo.com/fastlan...umpmodule.aspx

with Camaro tank:

With as many upgrades out there for the camaro, with the new lid, possibilities are high.
The fastlane setup is just a V2 stock unit. Our Camaro unit doesnt even use the fpr in the bucket. The stock fpr is something like 80psi on the stock Camaro but pressure is regulated electronically.

Andy
Old 12-28-2012, 11:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Gotcha, thanks!

Quick Reply: Post What Fuel System You're Running!