Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

REVSHIFT Rear Cradle Busings

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your removing the cradle, you should only have to disconnect one brake line. The pass caliper will just be unbolted and hung up. I just a use a vacuum line plug and put that on the brake line. You can buy those at any parts store. My cradle was out 2 weeks while I waited for my bushings, and it didn't leak.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remove the calipers and hang them in the wheel well, would that be adequate for dropping the cradle? I haven't looked under the car to see if there are additional connections between the brake lines and cradle.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:35 AM
On The Tree

Just remove the pass side caliper, hang that up. You don't even need to unbolt the drivers side. The brake line for the drivers side disconnects on the pass side. You will understand when you look underneath. Pulling the cradle is the only way to go though. I had mine out in less then a half hour and that includes jacking it up and removing tires. Another trick I used that helped me out, has to do with the parking brake. Right underneath the drivers seat on the bottom of the car, that parking cable comes out. I pulled on the cable as hard as i could to get slack to work with, then I put on vise grip on it. The cable then had plenty of slack to be disconnected in the rear.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:06 AM
TECH Regular

you do not have have undo any calipers... just disconnect the brake lines on the chassis and the parking brake and theres 2 sensors that you have to disconnect should only take a few minutes then it will slide right out.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

It made it easier to take off the pass caliper, that way I only had to bleed the left side instead of both.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by garrettg
Planning install in the future like the idea of removing the cradle, what did you use to stop the brake fluid from spilling out of the 2 rear passenger side connections?
I had some spare rubber bleeder caps from my motorcycle, I used those to push over the lines to keep them from leaking. They were just the right size. Obviously you'll still want to bleed the brakes when it's all back together.

I have to say, I've had a couple more weeks of driving on these bushings and I'm still loving them. They are a great solution to firm up the cradle and get rid of most if not all of the wheel hop issues...at least that was the case for mine.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mdw7669
I wouldn't order from REVSHIFT!! I ORDERED MOTOR, TRANS, AND CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS 5 (five) WEEKS AGO FROM REVSHIFT ... STILL NO PARTS. They won't answer the phone and when they do its BS and never answer emails. last friday they finally answered the phone and gave me a shipping tracking number and it hasn't even been picked up for delivery. DON'T ORDER FROM THEM. I'll give you a update if I ever get my parts.
Revshift can be a little slow. They only have 2 guys doing everything from answering phones to making the stuff. Everything is made in short runs because they make what, 3k V's a year? My trans bushing insert showed up in a week, diff bushing maybe a week and a half, and I just ordered motor mounts 2 weeks ago. I don't think anything you order from them would be needed right away anyway, I can wait a month or so for my parts. Not like I'm waiting on a starter.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 81LS1Camaro
Revshift can be a little slow. They only have 2 guys doing everything from answering phones to making the stuff. Everything is made in short runs because they make what, 3k V's a year? My trans bushing insert showed up in a week, diff bushing maybe a week and a half, and I just ordered motor mounts 2 weeks ago. I don't think anything you order from them would be needed right away anyway, I can wait a month or so for my parts. Not like I'm waiting on a starter.
That guy posts the same thing in every thread that even mentions Revshift. He's not even worth replying to.

Quick Reply: REVSHIFT Rear Cradle Busings