Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

REVSHIFT Rear Cradle Busings

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 06:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by etcts-v
Was just curious if it's a worthy upgrade?
not if you plan in changing the rear end. I.E. the CS 8.8 kit no longer uses a flex disc and replaces it with a billet adapter.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was just curious if it's a worthy upgrade?
If your goal is to eliminate all the slop in the stock driveline then yes this definitely helps. how noticeable is it? I would say not super noticeable car seems to react a little quicker to throttle inputs but that could be placebo. If you do end up upgrading the whole rear end you can always resell it.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Onefast V
If your goal is to eliminate all the slop in the stock driveline then yes this definitely helps. how noticeable is it? I would say not super noticeable car seems to react a little quicker to throttle inputs but that could be placebo. If you do end up upgrading the whole rear end you can always resell it.
Will it cure that wind-up boom we get sometimes? You know, when you feather the throttle from a start, manage NOT to wheelhop, figure you've got great traction, then stomp on it. Every now and again I'll get a boom. I figured it was something rubberized in the driveshaft twisting up then releasing.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:45 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DACTARI
Will it cure that wind-up boom we get sometimes? You know, when you feather the throttle from a start, manage NOT to wheelhop, figure you've got great traction, then stomp on it. Every now and again I'll get a boom. I figured it was something rubberized in the driveshaft twisting up then releasing.
It should help it, I can't say that it would 100% eliminate it. However it should vastly improve it. I waited till i already had the drive shaft out for other things and decided it would be a good time to switch it out.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Info, thank you!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They posted up the instructions online: https://www.revshift.com/bushinginstallation.php
Old 11-26-2012, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I guess I have to decide which ones I am going with today you guys do red or blue and why?
Old 11-26-2012, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

They posted up the instructions online: https://www.revshift.com/bushinginstallation.php
Haha I love how simple they made it out to be. So many people were like "how are these installed?" I wish the directions just said "use common sense" and then the picture of thumbs up lol love it.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
Haha I love how simple they made it out to be. So many people were like "how are these installed?" I wish the directions just said "use common sense" and then the picture of thumbs up lol love it.
Ya when the rear cradle is out of the car of course it is easy. they should do a typical writeup where one has to work in cramped spaces to make sure you still can get the same access to the mounting spots for the bushings. Also bushing removal would be a good one to add in their instructions..
Old 11-26-2012, 02:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ya when the rear cradle is out of the car of course it is easy. they should do a typical writeup where one has to work in cramped spaces to make sure you still can get the same access to the mounting spots for the bushings. Also bushing removal would be a good one to add in their instructions..
Yeah, they skipped over the hard part. Instructions are next to useless for this reason, honestly.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you need to follow the directions posted on their site you have no business working on your car.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dropping the rear cradle is actually child's play, remove the lower shock mounts (1 bolt each side) then 4 bolts holding the cradle to the body and viola!

Depending on how low you want to drop it you should also remove the drive shaft which can be a touch more challenging with 1 person but still not hard.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here are factory removal and installation walk throughs with torque specs:

Old 11-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

They give you clear instructions on how to remove the bushings on the website-

Prior to installing the Revshift cradle bushings, the oem rubber bushings must be removed. This can be done a few different ways. A web search for "subframe bushing removal" will give you several results including pictures and how-to videos on the topic.

Ha, I cant wait till someone on here does it and does a write up.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ronb01ws6
They give you clear instructions on how to remove the bushings on the website-

Prior to installing the Revshift cradle bushings, the oem rubber bushings must be removed. This can be done a few different ways. A web search for "subframe bushing removal" will give you several results including pictures and how-to videos on the topic.

Ha, I cant wait till someone on here does it and does a write up.
Bottom line is you need an acetylene torch to burn them out.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:04 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
I wish the directions just said "use common sense" and then the picture of thumbs up lol love it.
Too funny...A cousin of mine (Lawyer that graduated at the top of his class) had a futon that sat in his living room boxed up for 3 years b/c he said it was missing parts. I put it together on a bet while I was completely annihilated after getting back from the bar. It took me 20 minutes and I used my keys as a screwdriver, LOL!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Went ahead and pulled the trigger 15 minutes before the close of the sale. Picked up the MM's with heat jackets and the diff bushing both in 80A blue. Figured I'd hold up on the cradle bushings until I hear some reviews and how hard the install actually will be.

Glad I did, and I hope these motor mounts solve some of my dieseling on shutdown, etc.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:55 PM
Launching!

I'm just going to try and go off this...
http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/b...all/index.html
Old 11-27-2012, 03:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Bottom line is you need an acetylene torch to burn them out.
I've done it both ways. Oxy-Acetylene Torch and Sawzall.

Sawzall through the rubber
Sawzall to cut through the sleeve (JUST the SLEEVE)
Fold sleeve in on itself
Repeat.

I like that way better because I'm not left tryna clean up burnt rubber chunks off the floor. Either way is effective. Pick your poison.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Launching!

I will probably use the sawzall method but the car will sit all winter so I can wait on a writeup

I will be doing trailing arm bushings and motor mounts as well... I picked them all up

Quick Reply: REVSHIFT Rear Cradle Busings