Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Teaser Pics....

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The TVS 2300 is Magnusons 4 lobe version... 2.3L headunit... Very nice unit
Old 12-03-2012, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

416 ci LS3, 10.5-1 compression, custom ground ed curtis cam, lsa stage 2 ported cnc'ed west coast cylinder heads, 1 7/8 headers, overdriven innovators west crank pulley, 2.7 upper pulley, over driven cog drive, meth injection, TVS 2300 from a g8 gxp kit, ported throttlebody, 4 inch intake, 18.5 lbs of boost , surge tank fuel system with dual bosch 044s being fed by an upgraded intank pump, full return fuel system, 850 cc injectors, phenolic spacer in the tvs, port matched lower tvs base to the lsa ported heads, engine oil cooler...

Thats the quick and dirty build list on the motor....

Last edited by s-cam; 12-03-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:48 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s-cam
416 ci LS3, 10.5-1 compression, custom ground ed curtis cam, lsa stage 2 ported cnc'ed west coast cylinder heads, 1 7/8 headers, overdriven innovators west crank pulley, 2.7 upper pulley, over driven cog drive, meth injection, TVS 2300 from a g8 gxp kit, ported throttlebody, 4 inch intake, 18.5 lbs of boost , surge tank fuel system with dual bosch 044s being fed by an upgraded intank pump, full return fuel system, 850 cc injectors, phenolic spacer in the tvs, port matched lower tvs base to the lsa ported heads, engine oil cooler...

Thats the quick and dirty build list on the motor....
That's it? LOL! Just kidding man...that's pretty awesome! Thanks again for sharing. Are you planning a thread?
Old 12-04-2012, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DMM
Commonly (and incorrectly) referred to as a "Centrifugal". Centrifugal force is a fictitious force, it is a convenient fiction to make math easy. Centripetal force is real and measurable.
some things i dont know.. like will a V2 pump module fit in a V1 tank, lol. (still waiting for that piece from Fore)
I have to disagree to this however, sorry.
Dont want to get too tied up in physics so...
The meanings of the words “centripetal” (inward) and “centrifugal” (outward) are fairly clear and free of ambiguity. (get that out of the way)

Commonly and correct is "Centrifugal" for a procharger or vortech type blower, or almost any turbine. It might be seen as centripetal working, but the air compressed is from centrifugal tangential velocity from the rotating blades (a bound object), this is centrifugal action - the air against the volute. The air is drawn to the center and flung outwards, described in a rotating reference frame. - centrifugal again, is a force tangential to the direction of motion of a bound object, the impeller wheel. The air compressed is not from centripetal force.

Procahrger themselves say "utilize natural centrifugal forces to compress air "
http://youtu.be/ImvM5N-H-10

This would go for almost any pump company. They are mostly all centrifugal pumps. (fluid / air)

Centripetal pumps draw fluid in at the periphery and expel it at the center axis. Upon further searching it seems like there aren't that many actual centripetal pumps out there, just many mislabeled centrifugal ones.
Gravity force is the measureable force, the rest are mathematics. Gravity was measured with ProbeB (Einstein general relativity), cool stuff. off topic...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrifugal_pump
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrifugal_compressor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbocharger

I will always refer to a procharger supercharger as a Centrifugal compressor, and a turbo as a centrifugal compressor as there are no Centripetal pumps available for automotive use.

Last edited by vmapper; 12-04-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well that was lecture... When is lab?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

was that too much? lol.
DMM is a stellar member, I probably should not have jacked his thread.
Hope he forgives...

Yes, the TVS 2300 are great units!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

Sweet. I'll have to come check it out when you get it up and running. Think you can take on the 10R, lol?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Skidmarcx
The TVS 2300 is Magnusons 4 lobe version... 2.3L headunit... Very nice unit
The TVS 2300 rotors are designed/supplied by Eaton to Magnuson, Edelbrock, Ford, GM, etc for use in each manufactures specific case/application. Even though the Maggie and E Force look as if they're world's apart, they are using the exact same rotors...save for the fact the Edelbrock uses the reverse rotation rotors.

Originally Posted by vmapper
some things i dont know.. like will a V2 pump module fit in a V1 tank, lol. (still waiting for that piece from Fore)
I have to disagree to this however, sorry.
Dont want to get too tied up in physics so...
The meanings of the words “centripetal” (inward) and “centrifugal” (outward) are fairly clear and free of ambiguity. (get that out of the way)

Commonly and correct is "Centrifugal" for a procharger or vortech type blower, or almost any turbine. It might be seen as centripetal working, but the air compressed is from centrifugal tangential velocity from the rotating blades (a bound object), this is centrifugal action - the air against the volute. The air is drawn to the center and flung outwards, described in a rotating reference frame. - centrifugal again, is a force tangential to the direction of motion of a bound object, the impeller wheel. The air compressed is not from centripetal force.

Procahrger themselves say "utilize natural centrifugal forces to compress air "
http://youtu.be/ImvM5N-H-10

This would go for almost any pump company. They are mostly all centrifugal pumps. (fluid / air)

Centripetal pumps draw fluid in at the periphery and expel it at the center axis. Upon further searching it seems like there aren't that many actual centripetal pumps out there, just many mislabeled centrifugal ones.
Gravity force is the measureable force, the rest are mathematics. Gravity was measured with ProbeB (Einstein general relativity), cool stuff. off topic...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrifugal_pump
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrifugal_compressor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbocharger

I will always refer to a procharger supercharger as a Centrifugal compressor, and a turbo as a centrifugal compressor as there are no Centripetal pumps available for automotive use.
Interesting read. Centrifugal pump by means of centripetal force? Not really sure if that is what you are attempting to clarify. However, since there is no such thing as centrifugal force, one can only assume that is where you were going with this. No worries though my man, its all good! The only person that has ever nearly gotten under my skin on here was that "FURGAY" dude, hahaha.

Anyhow, regarding the build...I have been otherwise occupied with quite a few competing demands (holidays, family, man weekend wheelin' in WV) and should have the installation completed and running this weekend.

The base tune is already loaded and I finished making the IAT sensor as I couldn't bring myself to use the TMAP POS that came with the E Force. The damn connector pigtail was more expensive than the GM 2 BAR MAP sensor, which I don't have to scale for it to work. No brainer for me.

Sorry i'm dragging my feet here, however I am off at the end of this week until after the New Year so I should be able to make quite a bit of progress.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MacLEAN
Sweet. I'll have to come check it out when you get it up and running. Think you can take on the 10R, lol?
Off a cliff maybe...lol
Old 12-13-2012, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DMM
Interesting read. Centrifugal pump by means of centripetal force? Not really sure if that is what you are attempting to clarify. However, since there is no such thing as centrifugal force, one can only assume that is where you were going with this.

Sure, we can go with that, my intention is not to get under anyone skin, just merely explain why all companies label these devices the way they do. (to a physicist, all wrong.)

Centrifugal force is not real, we all get that. What I am suggesting is when the frame reference is the blower, the air being compressed (pulled then flung away) - just like repelling electrons must have a description for this observer view or a marble rolling on a stationary circular housing... and its described as centrifugal in its non-inertial frame of reference. You cant call it centripetal based on this observation view, i agree, its the wrong non-inertial system of reference.
FERMI has an example of this (bus with a ball on the floor, observer on the bus, the bus travelling turns, the ball rolls towards the one side...to the observer, its centrifugal action. The centrifugal force arose exclusively due to the description of the ball by using a "wrong", NON-INERTIAL system of reference)

why no company or document labels these devices all as centripetal is, I guess up for debate, I have only concluded its based on what i mentioned above as to why they call it centrifugal.
If you break down this frame of reference to an inertial system, its newton all over the place and yes you are correct, its centripetal.

Sorry, back to the build.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Is it Done yet?
Old 12-15-2012, 03:08 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by I8URSVT
Is it Done yet?
It's running! Running like crap at the moment, but running and moving under its own power...which is a good thing, b/c if I had to push this damn thing in/out of the shop one more time...just one damn time.......

One thing I have noticed is that the E Force is LOUD at idle...sounds like it's sitting in your lap at idle. Don't know what it could be transmitting the vibe's, but I'll look into that one later.

Planning to drop the rear and fuel tank tomorrow and hopefully start tuning on Tuesday when I get the new O2 sensors.

I have a video but it's upside down...stupid iPhone....I can never figure out which is right side up.

Quick Reply: Teaser Pics....