Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Teaser Pics....

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 10:36 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Teaser Pics....

Thought I would share a few pics since I am nearing completion. I have to be honest, it took a while to figure out where to mount the HEX pump, but it's in there attached to a home made bracket (old filing cabinet lid, LOL) using the PCM mounting bolts.

I still have to insulate all the HEX piping but the mock up is done. I also have to wire the HEX pump and load the base tune before I can fire her up. I'll be doing a build thread in the coming weeks, just wanted to show off a little!
Attached Thumbnails Teaser Pics....-photo-27-.jpg   Teaser Pics....-photo-29-.jpg   Teaser Pics....-photo-30-.jpg   Teaser Pics....-photo-28-.jpg   Teaser Pics....-photo-26-.jpg  

Old 12-02-2012, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I realize the e-force is rather new but are they a huge improvement over a maggie? Are they going to be able to feed larger cubic inch motors? Also heat? I see it runs a large cooler, Hopefully that helps.

Also, would this be a better way to go than a modified GTO Procharger kit?

Sorry I'm curious about these and I have done zero research as yet.

Looks great though! Cannot wait to hear about the results/opinions. Especially since you were previously maggied.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:54 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, huge improvement in every conceivable way. You cannot really compare a roots and a centripetal supercharger, each has its own faults and weaknesses. A roots type will have more torque for the street and will never be able to compete with a centripetal in terms of all out performance.

The larger, more efficient rotors with the vastly improved intercooler (over the Maggie, that is) will make more power at the same boost. The only hindrance with the E Force is the long runners (what makes it a torque monster) can choke off larger motors at higher RPM's. The most I'll ever go is a 383...so that didn't matter to me.

The HEX is the largest one they have at FrozenBoost.com, hope it really helps with the IAT's! What you can't see in the pics is that its 3" thick.

Last edited by DMM; 12-02-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turning out great man... HEX pump install looks clean. I've also been told it doesn't feed large displacement well, but I agree it's a huge improvement over the Maggie for the reasons listed
Old 12-03-2012, 01:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Can you define what you mean by "large displacement?" 408 CID? 416 CID? 427 CID?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:23 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Can you define what you mean by "large displacement?" 408 CID? 416 CID? 427 CID?
Fuzzy...don't really know honestly. I have no direct knowledge of this, only that this is very much in debate. This is mainly on the Corvette Forums, which has the most posts regarding the E Force with cathedral port heads. That said, there is a clip of a stock block LS3 with an E Force and a cam putting down 620+ whp without maxing out the pulley.

My thoughts...if you want to run a big inch motor with a TVS (ESP an E Force) make sure you have at least a 4.125" bore so that you can use LS7 style heads and get the blower for that port style since they make them.

It would be nice if Edelbrock would weigh in on this, but I have never seen them comment on anything.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

Nice build. Can't wait to see dyno results. Did you just pull the maggie off to install the Edlebrock, or did you build another motor for it? I would like to see what TVS would do on 4.0in+ bore with some LS3 or LS7 rectangular port heads.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

There are one or two users stalking this forum with 750 RWHP CTS-Vs using 418 CID LS3s, LSA heads, and TVS2300s at 12-14 psi. I was sent several PMs after I outlined my projected build. Apparently, fueling that kind of beast requires quite a bit of engineering, since the ramp rate is intense.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DMM, damnnn!! that TVS fits in the bay nicely, does it look like a kit is feasible?

Are you running the V2 motor mounts? it looks like from the pics you posted a while ago, all that is needed is a block adapter like the iron block transplants have to use.. i want to go back to oem mounts..

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
There are one or two users stalking this forum with 750 RWHP
pics or they dont exist
Old 12-03-2012, 10:41 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stick1975
Nice build. Can't wait to see dyno results. Did you just pull the maggie off to install the Edlebrock, or did you build another motor for it? I would like to see what TVS would do on 4.0in+ bore with some LS3 or LS7 rectangular port heads.
Nah...just pulled the Maggie. Motor is stock at the moment save for .650" valve springs, HD pushrods, and ARP head bolts. Wanted to start with a baseline first, hen add a cam that I have on hand at the moment (.603/.610 223"/232" 113 LSA) and see how it does since the E Force can handle the overlap.

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
DMM, damnnn!! that TVS fits in the bay nicely, does it look like a kit is feasible?

Are you running the V2 motor mounts? it looks like from the pics you posted a while ago, all that is needed is a block adapter like the iron block transplants have to use.. i want to go back to oem mounts..

Don't know about a kit...it's a no brainer for the LS2 guys, a little more work for the LS6 guys. I decided on the V2 mounts after the install as I wanted to k ow how it fit with the CS mounts first as a baseline and since most are using these mounts. I'll get back on that horse soon enough and probably lower the engine a bit in the process after the 8.8" kit install.

pics or they dont exist
Old 12-03-2012, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looking good. Interested to see the results.
So did you make the V2 motor mounts work or not?
Old 12-03-2012, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't know about a kit...it's a no brainer for the LS2 guys, a little more work for the LS6 guys. I decided on the V2 mounts after the install as I wanted to k ow how it fit with the CS mounts first as a baseline and since most are using these mounts. I'll get back on that horse soon enough and probably lower the engine a bit in the process after the 8.8" kit install.
yea i was just thinking kit b/c of that other thread where that vendor kept on asking the same question.. please let us know what has to be done to get this to work with ls6.. i thought the only thing different was the 90TB and adapter.. no rush just wanna know how to make it work..
Old 12-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Nice work D...looks like my car up on your lift...got me wanting a Eforce!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

yea i was just thinking kit b/c of that other thread where that vendor kept on asking the same question.. please let us know what has to be done to get this to work with ls6.. i thought the only thing different was the 90TB and adapter.. no rush just wanna know how to make it work..
Of course it will work. Same heads ls6 to ls2, same ports, same damn near eveything. Why use a 78mm ls6 TB if you just dumped 6k+ on the E-force. Buy a ls2 90mm TB and adapter and be done with it.

LS2=90mm TB, crapier intake, bigger cubes. With out getting very technical.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DMM
Nah...just pulled the Maggie. Motor is stock at the moment save for .650" valve springs, HD pushrods, and ARP head bolts. Wanted to start with a baseline first, hen add a cam that I have on hand at the moment (.603/.610 223"/232" 113 LSA) and see how it does since the E Force can handle the overlap.
Good luck! Hope your luck is better than mine!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

What is a centripetal supercharger?
Old 12-03-2012, 09:06 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
What is a centripetal supercharger?
Commonly (and incorrectly) referred to as a "Centrifugal". Centrifugal force is a fictitious force, it is a convenient fiction to make math easy. Centripetal force is real and measurable.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:16 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01_SuperSlow
Looking good. Interested to see the results.
So did you make the V2 motor mounts work or not?
Not as of yet. I have an idea that may work better, and needed to get additional engine mount stands in order to try it out. I just got them last week.

After thinking about everything that has actually gone onto the car, it really is not too bad. I have just spent a LOT of time running around to find every little bit here and there so it seems a lot worse than it really is.

I could have made life a easier on myself if I had gone with a smaller HEX pump and used heater hose vice the insulated aluminum lines...but like I said, i'm a little OCD when it comes to this, LOL!

One thing that I really like about the E Force is the pulley setup, it's very well thought out and wraps the pulleys much better than the Maggie did.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

I am one of the guys running 750+ RWHP in a cts-v. Mainly just dyno time but with a tvs 2300 and a 416. Its a long list of parts though to get there....

It does exist. Just wanted to chime in on that.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by s-cam
I am one of the guys running 750+ RWHP in a cts-v. Mainly just dyno time but with a tvs 2300 and a 416. Its a long list of parts though to get there....

It does exist. Just wanted to chime in on that.
Maggie style? What type of head unit/charger are you using out of curiosity?

And thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply: Teaser Pics....