Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

V1 Forged/Boosted Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hah we still can't say **** on ls1tech. The pulley changing slipped my mind, but even with that is it possible? Maybe just add one layer of convenience with a keyed switch to avoid accidental switching......
Old 12-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Itsslow98, HPtuners was what my builder was talking about just couldn't think of it earlier.

Can you guys provide some more details on the "Surge tank" on the fuel system and what that requires.

Again, I am paying to have this done and don't want to be completely clueless on what Im doing to the car, or get ripped off.

After 2 months of recovery from brain surgery, I don't have the time much less the know-how and my buddy that does won't have time for at least 4-5 months.
So just trying to gain as much knowledge on here as I can.
Thanks!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsslow98

WIth his blower he cant do on the fly tunes because hell have to swap pullies anyways. Thats the downfall of the PD blowers over a turbo car whewre you can turn a **** and set the boost at whatever you want.
Unless one maxes the blower impeller speed and runs a controlled BOV on the charge side giving the user variable boost ability ...but that's a separate discussion.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vmapper
Unless one maxes the blower impeller speed and runs a controlled BOV on the charge side giving the user variable boost ability ...but that's a separate discussion.
Not possible with a PD blower, thats only centrifigual.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yep, just realized that after replying to another thread.. Im like oops. he said PD.

your too quick, i didnt get a chance to correct myself. feel free to delete my response.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Vmapper, I've been following the "fuel system" thread that DMM started and you've been posting in as well. Do you think that setup, if it works, will provide enough fuel for my proposed setup, or do I need to go ahead and plan for something like Lonnies double pump in-tank upgrade?
Old 12-13-2012, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

The ForeInnovation route offers three types of pump setups (not including using your own).

For fueling, a lot would depend on the pressure you are planning on running.
e.g. scenario: Smaller injectors, require higher pressure (to look big and not run out of injector (idc%), using twin gss34x pumps, the flow drops when you go over 60psi and higher.
Example, using deka 61s, at 60 psi with a 1:1 regulator (15psi of final boost) would mean 75psi on the rails. The twin GSS34x will only flow (based on their chart) ~440lph, which may only be enough for 700rwhp. (super rough guess) so the larger pumps would be necessary. (including upgrade to handle current draw, upgrade -10 feed and -8 an return. -

Same situation, but running 40-55psi on the rail, and the gss34x walbros would be good for 1000. but you need to run 850cc or larger injectors as the 61's would static lock before your desired hp.

You need to figure out, a) injectors you want to use based on the BSFC and the power.
then match the pump to those injectors.

If this foreinnov twin pump will work in these V1 tanks, its the route I will be going, and I have yet to find a reason why this would not work... waiting on the part to see how the seal and cam gear will fit.
Will also check the depth of the tank again...
will also want to know DMMs thoughts on this when his busy schedule allows him to look at this... the more info the better.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Looking like ive got a set of 80s coming for injectors

Really eager to see what you guys figure out on the dual pump set up. I'm pretty sure i'm going with duals but this would give me options on which ones and how much it will cost

And here's the specs on the cam. Thoughts?

232/240 .595/.608 114lsa

Not dead set on this just want to get some feedback from the suggested spec

Quick Reply: V1 Forged/Boosted Build