Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

To tune or not to tune?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 07:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sgtdestruction
So here is the quote from Vengeance:

DMH Electronic Exhaust Cutouts: $399
Installation (Weld/Wire): $425
Completed Dyno Tune: $590

Total: $1,414

Not judging Vengeance, but this sounds like quite a bit to me. Or am I completely off base and this is normal cost?

DMH
Cutouts= $399.00 anywhere you buy them..

Labor- Our shop rate is $95.00/hour... When installing DMH cutouts we actually remove the exhaust, trim the opening to match the cutout exactly, TIG weld the cutouts in place, rehang the exhaust/wire cutouts/mount switch (which usually entails removing interior items/trimming panel for switch to be mounted..

Tuning- As stated above, includes 12 months free updates and an additional 12 months pro rated rate....

As said above, personally I would skip the cutouts and go with a tune... If you want to mod further headers and/cold air or pulley swap would be your next logical step and make the most use of your mod money.

I hope this clears up our pricing a bit. We try to be MORE than fair when it comes to pricing/customer service.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance

DMH
Cutouts= $399.00 anywhere you buy them..

Labor- Our shop rate is $95.00/hour... When installing DMH cutouts we actually remove the exhaust, trim the opening to match the cutout exactly, TIG weld the cutouts in place, rehang the exhaust/wire cutouts/mount switch (which usually entails removing interior items/trimming panel for switch to be mounted..

Tuning- As stated above, includes 12 months free updates and an additional 12 months pro rated rate....

As said above, personally I would skip the cutouts and go with a tune... If you want to mod further headers and/cold air or pulley swap would be your next logical step and make the most use of your mod money.

I hope this clears up our pricing a bit. We try to be MORE than fair when it comes to pricing/customer service.
Thanks again Ron. I really like the idea of the HF cats, as they are a bit cheaper than headers and still allow me to pass emissions here in TN.

I guess my next question to anyone listening is what all is involved with installing the magnaflow HF cats? Looks to be a few bolts and done. However, I after reading a few other threads, I still cannot determine if these will bolt up to my magnaflow catback/manifolds without any cutting/welding. Seems that some had a perfect fit, while others have had to hack up their exhaust.

Thoughts? Anyone with experience with this?

Quick Reply: To tune or not to tune?