Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Problems setting up Nick Williams TB

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

From what I read pre 09 LS7 TB's will work. Can any one definitively ID this as a late model LS7 TB? I can find nothing from the # on it. And there are no other #'s anywhere on it.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:22 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
From what I read pre 09 LS7 TB's will work. Can any one definitively ID this as a late model LS7 TB? I can find nothing from the # on it. And there are no other #'s anywhere on it.
It's not going to work. The early LS7 used the LS2 throttle body, I believe '07.5 on used the reverse actuation throttle body, which yours clearly is. The PCM is designed to operate a specific TAC module, and if the they do not correlate you will get the "reduced engine" DTC or brick the PCM entirely.

IIRC, Jessie (Wait4Me) changed the PCM/TAC settings in the PCM at the binary levels that we don't have access to in regular tuning software to make it somewhat work, although I don't it was easy or a complete fix. Obviously too much to justify doing this instead of using the correct throttle body...otherwise he'd sell the patch tune a make a mint.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to help clarify. I have a 09 ls 7 TB. The OE LS 6 works fine. I have a harness adapter that was purchased with the NW 102. This is still the LS 6 Computer. I don't want to use the LS 7 TB I though I would be able to determine do I have a problem with the TB or the harness. I don't have the pinout on the harness to check. 70SS said he would send. I don't have an LS2 unit to compare. I was going to send to Nick but want to now check the harness adapter to see if that is the problem. Hinson Super Cars where I purchased promised to work with my tuner, but this is getting old. Its taken 3 weeks of no movement so far. I m sure theyll get it. But Im itching to melt some rubber.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

if you spray as much nitrous as you're saying, you'll be melting more than rubber.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Ya know it needs to be tuned to handle that much. Patience on pressing the button. I am working on a fab for a Vette (C3) rear end with some mods to handle the power. I will not be posting a pic of a exploding diff if I can help it.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:34 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by marc.madmax
I have to help clarify. I have a 09 ls 7 TB. The OE LS 6 works fine. I have a harness adapter that was purchased with the NW 102. This is still the LS 6 Computer. I don't want to use the LS 7 TB I though I would be able to determine do I have a problem with the TB or the harness. I don't have the pinout on the harness to check. 70SS said he would send. I don't have an LS2 unit to compare. I was going to send to Nick but want to now check the harness adapter to see if that is the problem. Hinson Super Cars where I purchased promised to work with my tuner, but this is getting old. Its taken 3 weeks of no movement so far. I m sure theyll get it. But Im itching to melt some rubber.
If the LS6 TB works, it's probably the harness that is bad. The LS6 PCM should actuate the LS7, it just won't run with it. Another member spliced the LS6 connections directly to the LS2 connector (Bowtie70SS) so I would try that.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:04 AM
TECH Addict

I also did the splice for the LS2 and the LS2 works on my LS6 car. If the NW 102 opens reverse like the LS3, then that is your problem and good luck with getting it to work.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Well they figured out the problem. miss wired harness. Thanks to 70SS to get the pinout to diagnose.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

AWESOME! I am glad to have helped, without these forums this stuff would be impossible. In "The good old days" you found some old guy or bought a couple of books and dug in. Today everything is so much more complicated that we couldn't hope to do this stuff ourselves if not for the vast resources available on the internet.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:09 AM
TECH Addict

Good deal!

Quick Reply: Problems setting up Nick Williams TB