Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Creative Steel Motor and Trans mounts (whats your opinion?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Creative Steel Motor and Trans mounts (whats your opinion?)

I'm about to have http://coyoteenginerebuilders.com/ come pickup my V here in a few days and need to get some motor and trans mounts for my motor rebuild. I've located a package deal from Creative Steel for Performance mounts w/ shields & Transmission mount( https://creative-steel.com/store/ind...ct_detail&p=46 ) for $289.95 but wanted to get everyones opinions on the product.. The price seems pretty good but I could be wrong! Any input would be awesome... Thanks guys and gals...
Old 02-07-2013, 11:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Avoid CS like the plague, unless you want to replace the motor mounts again in a year or two and suffer from horrible vibration problems due to their overly-tall transmission mount.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Do you have any suggestions on mounts? I'm hoping to find something within a few days so I can send them with the V when shes picked up...
Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Avoid CS like the plague, unless you want to replace the motor mounts again in a year or two and suffer from horrible vibration problems due to their overly-tall transmission mount.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Knew Fuzzy would have jumped on this!

I used UMI MM so no idea about those. i know there have been several failures, but they are quickly replaced by CS. So...I guess if you like wrenching. I have their trans mount and I dont have any problems to speak of. It is taller, and with their 8.8 kit I modified my shifter to clear the drive shaft. But other than stock, and the revshift insert, they have the only real aftermarket trans mount.

Edit* Fuzzy, if you would, take a picture with a ruler/tape from the top to bottom of your transmount with the insert and I will do the same with my CS trans mount. I'd like to know the exact difference.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the engine mounts. I like them better than stock. just put some in on my wife's car. she likes it. I've had them in my car for over 1.5 years and no problem here. I track the car a good amount.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the three mounts and have no complaints... they withstand plenty of hard driving
Old 02-07-2013, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Good, they are the best price I've found. I even called Luke at Lindsay Cadillac and he d doesn't even sell the uuc mounts anymore..
Old 02-07-2013, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

UUC is a **** company that treated V owners like a red headed kid.

They better hope they never **** off the BMW crowd.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
. I have their trans mount and I dont have any problems to speak of. It is taller, and with their 8.8 kit I modified my shifter to clear the drive shaft.

Do you have a short throw? I'm going same set up. My UUC transmount is toast, I also have a UUC shifter and there is already very littlew clearance for the drive shaft.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Banned

We can set you up with our mounts for a much better price than $290. We also use the highest quality polyurethane.

https://www.revshift.com/shop/polyur...llac-cts-v.php

Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by heavymetals
UUC is a **** company that treated V owners like a red headed kid.

They better hope they never **** off the BMW crowd.
Oh, they already have....
Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Revshift
We can set you up with our mounts for a much better price than $290. We also use the highest quality polyurethane.

Make a full trans mount within 2 weeks I'll buy one off ya.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tommycompton
Make a full trans mount within 2 weeks I'll buy one off ya.
It might not be within two weeks but it is on the drawing board along with a bunch of other things.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

It might not be within two weeks but it is on the drawing board along with a bunch of other things.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

Ok a month then
Old 02-07-2013, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

how much do you charge for a full Trans mount?
Old 02-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
how much do you charge for a full Trans mount?
Currently, we only off the insert that presses into your oem mount. As I said above, the full trans mount is in the works but I don't have any pricing or eta for it.

Surprisingly, our trans insert will bring a collapsed/dead oem trans mount back to life rather well. It turns your oem mount into a hybrid half rubber half polyurethane monster capable of handling everything your lead foot can throw at it.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

Currently, we only off the insert that presses into your oem mount. As I said above, the full trans mount is in the works but I don't have any pricing or eta for it.

Surprisingly, our trans insert will bring a collapsed/dead oem trans mount back to life rather well. It turns your oem mount into a hybrid half rubber half polyurethane monster capable of handling everything your lead foot can throw at it.
Not interested in OEM- been there done that. Mine seperated causing it to cllunk, it wasn't sagged. (same as my UUC- seperated)
Old 02-07-2013, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by tommycompton
Do you have a short throw? I'm going same set up. My UUC transmount is toast, I also have a UUC shifter and there is already very littlew clearance for the drive shaft.
Yes I have the UUC shifter. Basically what I did was remove the rubber gasket (if you will) that goes between the car body and shifter bracket (sandwiches between the two) and put it on the inside. This raised the shifter alot really. However it does cause more vibrations at the **** (because its basically a solid mount now) metal to metal. Not terrible though, I don't even notice it now. Especially over my incredibly loud motive geared 8.8. I also Have done cadzilla's mods (band aids) to the linkage so...minus the arm itself (and internal tranny) I have tightened the linkage as good as it gets.

The CS 8.8 kit would have cleared just fine had the DSS moved their weights that are welded onto the shaft farther backwords. It is the drive shaft balancing weights that cause my clearance issue. Which is something I have talked with both CS, and DSS about. Hopefully they will learn (or atleast look into it) and change further kits accordingly.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
Yes I have the UUC shifter. Basically what I did was remove the rubber gasket (if you will) that goes between the car body and shifter bracket (sandwiches between the two) and put it on the inside. This raised the shifter alot really. However it does cause more vibrations at the **** (because its basically a solid mount now) metal to metal. Not terrible though, I don't even notice it now. Especially over my incredibly loud motive geared 8.8. I also Have done cadzilla's mods (band aids) to the linkage so...minus the arm itself (and internal tranny) I have tightened the linkage as good as it gets.

The CS 8.8 kit would have cleared just fine had the DSS moved their weights that are welded onto the shaft farther backwords. It is the drive shaft balancing weights that cause my clearance issue. Which is something I have talked with both CS, and DSS about. Hopefully they will learn (or atleast look into it) and change further kits accordingly.
Thanks for the tip. I was figuring I'd have to shim it or remove some meat from the bottom of the shifter. Which I may do also.

Quick Reply: Creative Steel Motor and Trans mounts (whats your opinion?)