Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V Shootout at PBIR (Florida) 2.23.13

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTS-V Shootout at PBIR (Florida) 2.23.13

Last year I put on the CTS-V Shootout at PBIR (Palm Beach International Raceway), which was --- as far as I know --- the largest gathering of CTS-Vs drag racing in the country. There were almost 25 late-model CTS-Vs in attendance; it was a huge success and blast. We had the whole track to ourselves all day, and Anthony (RWHP) brought his dyno out too.

By popular demand, I was again summoned to put another Shootout together, so with the help of Howard (Redline), I did. I was limiting it to 20-25 cars, because I know a few always drop out. The list filled-up quick and I turned some people away. So, as the time approached --- like always --- people drop out for various reasons. Several had some very large builds going on and couldn't make things happen in time. Not a big deal, but it puts me in a conundrum. Regardless, I charged everyone $250 and budgeted everything accordingly. Included to all participants is a free dyno (Anthony @ RWHP) and t-shirts for the event, which Howard (Redline) did an awesome job putting together. I can cut a break on the price, just contact me if interested.

We have the track from 9am to 4pm. Many of you came out last year to spectate and I hope you will come back again. Spectators are $5. I'll have the concessions there this time; don't know what happened to them last year. Here's the kicker, I will open this up to five "any" cars. I have to cover my expenses and with less than 25-cars racing all day, the track is wide open. There were long lapses of time last year where no one was racing. First five people to PM me and express their interest/commitment will get the spots. I will pay extra for some more VHT and better track prep.

Regardless, I want everyone to come out and watch some of the fastest Cadillacs in the world drag racing at our home track. Manny will be there to defend his title, although I don't even know if he has any competition

So if you're interested, let me know and shoot me a PM. You can use the dyno and I will get you a shirt too. First come, first serve.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your a good dude for putting this on. I hope the spots can get filled. We had an absolute blast last year. It was good getting together with everyone...BSing..and ofcourse,..the cars. It was nice to see solo passes..... here is a few videos from the event last year.... hopefully more will make it out and take advantage of seeing these things in action,..with some great weather.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish I was closer I was jealous last year even with all the drama attached to it last year lol.

I expect plenty of pictures and videos this year!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wish mine was ready is make the trip from Texas in my v1 trash. Buuut not Gunnar make. Maybe next year
Old 02-21-2013, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I wish I was closer I was jealous last year even with all the drama attached to it last year lol.

I expect plenty of pictures and videos this year!
Two Gopro's(1 is giving me trouble) and camera in hand. No reason why I shouldn't be able to get a bunch of good stuff. Also a friend of ours on a local forum, Danielle, will be taking LOTS of pro pics. We should have some good stuff to upload.

Last year was funny....I left before all that BS went down...which is probably a good thing. lol. Too bad you can't make it.

Originally Posted by 04Vguy
Wish mine was ready is make the trip from Texas in my v1 trash. Buuut not Gunnar make. Maybe next year
Next time holmes.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Tomorrow is the day. Can't wait!!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea i should be there this time. Ill be leaving miami around 8.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nice,..

Also: Got my 2nd gopro working now,..so looking forward to a few different HD angles.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LitiGATOR
Last year I put on the CTS-V Shootout at PBIR (Palm Beach International Raceway), which was --- as far as I know --- the largest gathering of CTS-Vs drag racing in the country. There were almost 25 late-model CTS-Vs in attendance; it was a huge success and blast. We had the whole track to ourselves all day, and Anthony (RWHP) brought his dyno out too.

By popular demand, I was again summoned to put another Shootout together, so with the help of Howard (Redline), I did. I was limiting it to 20-25 cars, because I know a few always drop out. The list filled-up quick and I turned some people away. So, as the time approached --- like always --- people drop out for various reasons. Several had some very large builds going on and couldn't make things happen in time. Not a big deal, but it puts me in a conundrum. Regardless, I charged everyone $250 and budgeted everything accordingly. Included to all participants is a free dyno (Anthony @ RWHP) and t-shirts for the event, which Howard (Redline) did an awesome job putting together. I can cut a break on the price, just contact me if interested.

We have the track from 9am to 4pm. Many of you came out last year to spectate and I hope you will come back again. Spectators are $5. I'll have the concessions there this time; don't know what happened to them last year. Here's the kicker, I will open this up to five "any" cars. I have to cover my expenses and with less than 25-cars racing all day, the track is wide open. There were long lapses of time last year where no one was racing. First five people to PM me and express their interest/commitment will get the spots. I will pay extra for some more VHT and better track prep.

Regardless, I want everyone to come out and watch some of the fastest Cadillacs in the world drag racing at our home track. Manny will be there to defend his title, although I don't even know if he has any competition

So if you're interested, let me know and shoot me a PM. You can use the dyno and I will get you a shirt too. First come, first serve.
Is there a FB page or youtube channel we can check out for videos and or pics of the event?
Old 02-22-2013, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

I will be uploading everything I take on MY page... "TheFixedRoof" probably by saturday night, or Sunday night. I don't know if GaToR has a channel that I am aware of.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

What, no Wait4me Jesse Bubb in attendance this year ?

Just won't be the same without old Jess doing his burn-out while in the staging lanes!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Going to update here or new thread?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

What a blast; great turnout. Too tired for pics right now.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:01 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who went the fastest?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default palm beach v day

Here are some vids i took. Not many but here they are.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Good times.

Nice "worst" shot of the goat lol. That was me in the car at THAT point lol,..I thought I was gonna have a good launch it hooked so hard ..but unfourtunatly it bogged. I lifted when 4th gear PP slapped me. I was so pissed,...I drove around immediatly,...skipped the burnout box and went right to the line and blasted off an 11.80..which was the quickest for us yesterday. Sorry to say, what looked like the best pass of the day with my cousin driving...he broke the driver axle banging second gear.

All in all,...we had an AWESOME time. SO good to see a bunch of friends/cars that I know or have worked on. Thank you for the invite, and allowing us to run our car in the event. We appreciate it bro.

Only got a few gopros of the gto.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Last edited by V-seriesTech; 02-24-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any V1 owners hit the strip or did they live on our natural home....the dyno rig?
Old 02-24-2013, 09:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Only two of us had v1 there. I didn't hit the track. I don't think he did either.

Quick Reply: CTS-V Shootout at PBIR (Florida) 2.23.13