Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Hey all, it's been a while and need me some motor mounts...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey all, it's been a while and need me some motor mounts...

Hope everyone's been behaving themselves around here as I've been lurking more than anything else lately.

Anyhow, I'm noticing between shifts that the motor is kind of dancing around and last time I felt that I had to replace a mount. I was thinking of replacing them all and wanted to get some feedback on what I should go with. A couple of years ago some ucc mounts were the ones to go with but I'm not so sure these days so I'm leaving that up to you guys. I'd like to keep the vibration at a normal level so something completely solid is out of the question. What's out there these days that's nice and agile that wont exactly break the bank?

Thanks in advance guys... tt
Old 02-28-2013, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

I recommend umi. However if you are sensitive to vibrations revshift seems to be the preference. However I didn't notice any significant vibration increase with my umi motor mounts.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My vote is Revshift, they were recommended by a fellow member when installing my Maggie and I love them, great price too.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Onefast V
I recommend umi. However if you are sensitive to vibrations revshift seems to be the preference. However I didn't notice any significant vibration increase with my umi motor mounts.
^

Then....
Old 03-01-2013, 09:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I found these, but what other mounts am I missing? I'm sure there has to be a trans mount as well. Can someone maybe sum up all the mounts or bushings I should replace under there? She's got almost 90k miles already.

Thanks again...
Old 03-01-2013, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

get the rev shift motor mounts and tran insert. i have all creative steel in my car and the trans mount is starting to separate. umi mounts are nice but more on the solid side.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

UMI motor mounts. Do it once and done. You won't even need heat shields.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

yo tone, i have old CS mounts and am going to switch to revshift when i get a chance.. Solid mounts will always transfer more NVH into the cabin.. i have never rode in one but i have read plenty of subjective opinions about them being to harsh in this platform for a DD. i have a set of RC51 mounts waiting for when this car becomes a weekend only car
https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...-you-guys.html
Old 03-01-2013, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Go with the UMI. A little added vibration, but peace of mind. 07CTS-V/PISNUOFF had revshift mounts, and they were turning after a month of use.

If I didn't go with UMI, I'd get a hold of Max at Creative Steel. Revshift cradle mounts are awesome so far, but I was extremely dissatisfied with my driveshaft coupler and trans insert (it made my stock coupler hit my shifter linkage), and he wouldn't respond to any of my attempts to contact him. Now the coupler is for sale and I screwed up the insert when I had to press it back out.

I will be contacting Max shortly for his revised transmission mount as soon as I feel like it/it gets warm.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RADEoN
Go with the UMI. A little added vibration, but peace of mind. 07CTS-V/PISNUOFF had revshift mounts, and they were turning after a month of use.
It was after 4 months of use. Pisnuoff's situation is unique (he breaks everything) and we have not had any other complaints since we have been selling the CTS-V mounts. We are sending him free replacements. We tweaked some things at the end of the year which should prevent something like that from happening again.

We are constantly improving our mounts and bushings. They can only get better, stronger, and more reliable as we go. They are also priced the best and we offer them in two different hardness. Most people go with the softer 80A blue mounts because they are closer to the stockers and wont add vibration. However, if you want a bulletproof mount then the 95A red mounts are much stiffer and stronger than the 80A mounts but they still don't add as much vibration as the steel mounts with hard poly bushings. We have never had any 95A CTS-V mounts fail.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

still dodging being called out about the driveshaft coupler

also, why doesn't your site say anything about the stock coupler hitting shifters with the trans insert?

also, i think it's weird how you blame an automotive engineer by trade for every issue that's happened with your products.

Last edited by RADEoN; 03-01-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:22 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

They were only installed for one month if use. It may be true that I break everything. It may also have something to do with a big cammed 418 LS3 stroker.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Banned

still dodging being called out about the driveshaft coupler

also, why doesn't your site say anything about the stock coupler hitting shifters with the trans insert?

also, i think it's weird how you blame an automotive engineer by trade for every issue that's happened with your products.
I'm not dodging anything, you have a PM. I would rather not steer this thread off topic.

We have already been over this in other threads. The trans insert does not raise the trans at all. We have tested this, confirmed it, and posted pictures to show it. If you have an aftermarket/modified shifter then you may need to flip the pivot cup to raise the shifter a bit. That was confirmed by the people selling the shifters. Most trans mounts are sagging and not in the stock location which causes difficulty getting into reverse and some other gears. Our insert puts the trans back into the intended stock location which corrects the difficult shifting issue. The aftermarket shifters were most likely designed with sagging trans mounts.

I'm not blaming Pisnuoff at all! He is the one that said that he breaks everything. He broke 1000 hp axles. It came directly from him. We are completely fine with taking the blame for something that is our fault but there is nothing here for us us to take the blame. Out of the hundreds of sets of motor mounts that we have out there, one guy had an issue (Pisnuoff). I've already stated that we are sending him new mounts and that we changed some things which should prevent it from happening again. I'm not sure what else you would like us to do.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I understand that, but also, your product is so new that not a lot of people have either a, broken them enough for it to be noticeable, or b, had a chance for it to break. I'm not sure how you're able to claim your trans mount insert doesn't raise the mount at all... I installed the mount the exact same day I installed the shifter, and it didn't hit. I installed the trans mount insert into the car, and with every rotation of the driveshaft, I could feel the shifter bounce and hear the contact. It's a great product concept, unfortunately, it didn't work whatsoever for my application.

I'm not saying you don't make a great product, because you do, and you're active enough on the forums that it at least makes me (and others) feel like you give a **** about the situation. Unfortunately, I spent 130 on a driveshaft coupler that makes the car practically undriveable, and 40 dollars on a trans mount insert, that I cannot use. I see nothing on your page for the insert that says you cannot use it with an aftermarket shifter... Had I known that, I wouldn't have purchased it. Now I have a mangled insert sitting beside a hydraulic press that I cannot use because it smacks my shifter, and I had to press it back out to be able to drive the car.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

and trust me, I'd LOVE to have the insert pressed into that mount.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alright, so in all... The Revshift cradle and trailing arm bushings get a 10/10 on my rating scale. Between that and the gforce axles, it completely eliminated wheel hop on my 1st generation differential. I'd suggest these products to anyone that asks.

The customer support is alright. He's making an attempt to make things right, I.E making a red trans mount insert for me to try and counteract vibrations added between the offset of the UMI motor mounts, and the blue insert. It's appreciated, but it doesn't alleviate the fact that this product DOES raise the transmission, the stock flex disk smashing my shifter (PISNUOFF) and linkage indicates otherwise (especially since it didn't make contact with a stock mount).

The products are great, and I'm admittedly being a little skeptical and unnecessarily hard on him, but in the same breath, it seems like he wants to deflect. I personally wouldn't do business with him again, but can absolutely attest to the high quality and effectiveness of the products he's designed and released for our specific applications.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Banned

Anyone else with a trans insert and aftermarket shifter feel free to post up.

The insert DOES work with aftermarket shifters. All of the shifters are a bit different, obviously. If your linkage is rubbing then it has been said that you can flip the pivot cup to create clearance. I have read of people having this clearance issue even WITHOUT the trans insert.

The trans insert is exactly the same size as the opening the a new trans mount. It is physically impossible for it to make the trans mount taller. If it were installed backwards then it wouldn't seat properly which would cause an eighth of an inch difference. But, that would be an installation issue and not the part's fault.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

IIRC, PISNUOFF also had to modify his own shifter/make a bracket to accommodate the need exact same symptoms I was having.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The customer support is alright. He's making an attempt to make things right, I.E making a red trans mount insert for me to try and counteract vibrations added between the offset of the UMI motor mounts, and the blue insert.
Honestly, if a manufacturer makes you a one-off, customized product to your application and you still think the customer service is just "alright", then literally nothing will satisfy you.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did I say the mount made it vibrate and that's why I didn't like it? Oh I didn't? Yeah I know. His "one time run" of this mount will still cause my stock flex disc to hit my shifter linkage.

Not sure why so many people blow certain vendors.

Quick Reply: Hey all, it's been a while and need me some motor mounts...