Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Help! Stripped Motor Mount Bolt!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 01:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LAYGO
This . . . I wanna see!
I've done it. Last year, I was doing a whole bunch of mods over the course of a three-day weekend, and by Sunday night, I had forgotten that I had neglected to pump the brakes after installing new rotors early Friday morning.

After I wrapped up, I jumped in the car for a quick test drive and didn't touch the brakes until I attempted to brake and corner out of my neighborhood. Pedal went right to the floor and stayed there. Fortunately, there was another neighborhood on the other side of the street (which I had never explored, although I always wondered why the posted speed limit was only 10 mph).

By the time my brain realized what had just happened, I was barreling into that neighborhood at almost 30 mph--and I figured out why they had that 10 mph limit. 10 feet past the entrance, the road sharply slanted down at 35-40 degrees. The CTS-V went airborne for about 1.5 seconds and came down flat and straight on its 700/750 in-lb springs. Nothing bottomed out, thankfully, but I wasn't out of the weeds yet: at the bottom of the hill, there was a narrow cul-de-sac lined with cars and houses.

During the next 3-4 seconds, I managed to hook my foot behind the brake pedal and yank it up, stomp down on it, and repeat a couple of times until I started to get a feel back. Had to do a very fast turn in the cul-de-sac as I slowed and returned home, slightly wiser for the experience.

Last edited by FuzzyLog1c; 04-04-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

clutch spring?
Old 04-05-2013, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
clutch spring?
Sorry that I missed your question before. It was the pedal spring. Was there something else you wanted to know?
Old 04-05-2013, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gotta do the same. Either that or add a spring and bracket like the vette guys do it
Old 04-06-2013, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
I've done it. Last year, I was doing a whole bunch of mods over the course of a three-day weekend, and by Sunday night, I had forgotten that I had neglected to pump the brakes after installing new rotors early Friday morning.

After I wrapped up, I jumped in the car for a quick test drive and didn't touch the brakes until I attempted to brake and corner out of my neighborhood. Pedal went right to the floor and stayed there. Fortunately, there was another neighborhood on the other side of the street (which I had never explored, although I always wondered why the posted speed limit was only 10 mph).

By the time my brain realized what had just happened, I was barreling into that neighborhood at almost 30 mph--and I figured out why they had that 10 mph limit. 10 feet past the entrance, the road sharply slanted down at 35-40 degrees. The CTS-V went airborne for about 1.5 seconds and came down flat and straight on its 700/750 in-lb springs. Nothing bottomed out, thankfully, but I wasn't out of the weeds yet: at the bottom of the hill, there was a narrow cul-de-sac lined with cars and houses.

During the next 3-4 seconds, I managed to hook my foot behind the brake pedal and yank it up, stomp down on it, and repeat a couple of times until I started to get a feel back. Had to do a very fast turn in the cul-de-sac as I slowed and returned home, slightly wiser for the experience.

Sounds like a hell of a ride!!! The car definitely looks awesome...I haven't washed my car in a month, but unless you were to see it freshly washed, you wouldn't know, with all the rain we've been having.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
I gotta do the same. Either that or add a spring and bracket like the vette guys do it
I am lost. What is the purpose of this spring? What does it do and why do you need to do this mod?

Quick Reply: Help! Stripped Motor Mount Bolt!