Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Ordering from Revshift

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 05:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Onefast V
Warranty claim with Revshift not GM. My car is far out of warranty.
And they wouldn't help you if they did. The first and only time I went in for service (master cylinder bleeding w/Tech 2), the technicians spilled clutch fluid all over my new Forgestar F14 wheels and let it sit for over 2 hours, requiring me to have them refinished. I almost cried in anger.

Oh yeah, and they went through $80 worth of the brake fluid that I provided, and did not correctly bleed the brakes. I should've sued the dealership.

Last edited by FuzzyLog1c; 04-17-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Onefast V
Warranty claim with Revshift not GM. My car is far out of warranty.
Onefast V,

I do apologies I did not realize it was not toward GM. However, I am still smiling to hear someone giving another person a compliment.

Jennifer T,
GM Customer Care Service
Old 05-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mdw7669
I wouldn't order from REVSHIFT!! I ORDERED MOTOR, TRANS, AND CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS 5 (five) WEEKS AGO FROM REVSHIFT ... STILL NO PARTS. They won't answer the phone and when they do its BS and never answer emails. last friday they finally answered the phone and gave me a shipping tracking number and it hasn't even been picked up for delivery. DON'T ORDER FROM THEM. I'll give you a update if I ever get my parts
IT'S TWO FRICKING GUYS GIVE THEM A BREAK! ! We're lucky they even make all these parts for our cars. Cancel your order and let someone else get your parts who actually understands the concept of supply and demand.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ravenls6v
IT'S TWO FRICKING GUYS GIVE THEM A BREAK! ! We're lucky they even make all these parts for our cars. Cancel your order and let someone else get your parts who actually understands the concept of supply and demand.
Thank you!
Old 05-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Launching!

While the guy did go a bit overboard on his posting, I completely agree that 5 weeks is an absurd amount of time to wait for any parts, unless it's expressed beforehand that it would be that long.

I as well as everyone I'm sure appreciates the support that Revshift provides for our vehicles and many others, but the fact remains that customer service is not their strong suit. I just can't get over how people constantly defend them and state that it's OK for a company to treat customers like that just because there aren't any other options (or few).

Companies should not treat their customers like we should feel privileged just to be able to order from them. They should be appreciative that we're giving them business and do everything they can to satisfy customers. If they can't consistently provide parts in a timely manner, they should make the customer aware of that fact PRIOR to ordering. Anything less is bait and switch.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Forcfed93
While the guy did go a bit overboard on his posting, I completely agree that 5 weeks is an absurd amount of time to wait for any parts, unless it's expressed beforehand that it would be that long.

I as well as everyone I'm sure appreciates the support that Revshift provides for our vehicles and many others, but the fact remains that customer service is not their strong suit. I just can't get over how people constantly defend them and state that it's OK for a company to treat customers like that just because there aren't any other options (or few).

Companies should not treat their customers like we should feel privileged just to be able to order from them. They should be appreciative that we're giving them business and do everything they can to satisfy customers. If they can't consistently provide parts in a timely manner, they should make the customer aware of that fact PRIOR to ordering. Anything less is bait and switch.
That is a nice speech but once again....it's TWO guys. Let's see you and one of your buddies pull off what these guys do. Everyone thinks they are the only guy ordering from these two guys so they should be singled out and put on a pedestal for being a customer. If any of the guys who bitched the most actually tried to research a little bit as to why these parts take a good while to receive they might stop and think wow it's just a couple of car guys like us trying their best to offer some awesome upgrades for our not modern anymore cars and maybe I should bite my tongue and wait or I should just go elsewhere with my expectations of the speed and service of a large established company. It's not like they're ripping anyone off, they always get the parts to you eventually and they warranty what they sell.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

this was posted in the caddy forum (4/23/13) but probably worth reposting
Originally Posted by Revshift
That is an awesome analogy.

I couldn't agree with you more, Fuzzy. We are currently working on improving our systems and communicating the whole process. It all comes down to time or lack thereof. We have already made a lot of changes this year that are not too apparent but are a definite improvement. The issue with advertising turnaround time is that it is constantly fluctuating. Items come in and out of stock by the day. We will soon be switching over to a stock level based shopping cart. When this happens, the website will tell you that the specific item is out of stock and it will not allow you to purchase it. At that point, orders will be shipped within 24 hours, no exceptions. We are hoping to make the switch within the next couple of months.

Big changes are happening within Revshift. This will all become apparent very soon. Unless, our happy customers don't speak up.
thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3294194
Old 05-01-2013, 02:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I can respect a shop that, between choosing to maintain the quality of their or spending more time on customer service, chooses the product. I hope they get a front office guy to deal better with the customers, but I for now they still get my respect.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK I've kept my thoughts to myself on this but want to share my experience so that RevShift and the general community get an additional and hopefully rational input. I ordered the cradle bushings shortly after they were released and understand there was a high demand for the product at the time. I was planning a driving trip to SC and wanted to make sure the car had a few miles on it after the mod. I spoke to RS personnel three different times over the course of two weeks. Each time I was told they would be in the mail the next day. I understand the constraints of small businesses and would have been OK with we are behind and it will likely take a week or two. What bothered me was the "check is in the mail" type of response. I appreciate the products and would order from them again but would factor in the poor customer service into my purchase decision. For me the delay was OK until I kept being told they would be shipped the next day repeatedly. Just food for thought on both sides.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:53 PM
FoD
On The Tree

I know of only one person who has questioned the quality of the products Revshift produces. I personally think they produce great products in a very limited market. However, many have displayed their displeasure with the Customer Service aspect. I understand the small business side of things, and I appreciate the service they provide. People defending them saying this is fine. The fact that they say they are working on improving the Customer Service part of their business is a great step in the right direction...

But then I read numerous posts about other things they have said, like the post above. Saying something a doing something are completely different. My only concern is customers complain that they cannot get a hold of them, either by calling, or E-Mail. Some try once, and some try numerous times to no avail. They then proceed to the forums...some are nicer about it, some are ********. But low and behold, Revshift always seems to show up on the forums to defend themselves.

As far as customer service is concerned, I don't think us, as customers, are asking too much. If the product is backordered, state that upfront. If it stated to ship out the following day, make sure it ships. And if it doesn't, for whatever reason, shoot an E-Mail to that customer(s) telling them so.

Signed,
Happy Customer
Old 05-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sssnake
OK I've kept my thoughts to myself on this but want to share my experience so that RevShift and the general community get an additional and hopefully rational input. I ordered the cradle bushings shortly after they were released and understand there was a high demand for the product at the time. I was planning a driving trip to SC and wanted to make sure the car had a few miles on it after the mod. I spoke to RS personnel three different times over the course of two weeks. Each time I was told they would be in the mail the next day. I understand the constraints of small businesses and would have been OK with we are behind and it will likely take a week or two. What bothered me was the "check is in the mail" type of response. I appreciate the products and would order from them again but would factor in the poor customer service into my purchase decision. For me the delay was OK until I kept being told they would be shipped the next day repeatedly. Just food for thought on both sides.
This is exactly it. MOST people would still purchase the product even if it had a disclaimer that said Delivery time 2-4 weeks or something to that effect. The problem is that everyone is made to believe that the products are in stock and will be shipped the next day. For people that have plans to get something in a timely fashion and get it installed, this is a big problem. I understand they're a two person show, however, it's truly irrelevant as it would take 2 seconds to put a delivery time disclaimer on their site. At least then the customer is informed PRIOR to ordering, paying, being jerked around on the phone and/or through email and worrying about when you're going to get your car back on the road.

Edit: To justify my stance, I have purchased from RS in the past and I'm debating where to purchase motor mounts next. I'll likely purchase from them, simply because their product is top notch and I'm not in dire need to have them within a week.

Last edited by Forcfed93; 05-01-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

communication is the key

Last edited by Cadzilla; 07-23-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

I don't know how long I should wait to get my coupler from them , they don't even respond to my email , or my private massage . at least they should tell me that they will ship it some day.

Quick Reply: Ordering from Revshift