Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Ordering from Revshift

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Ordering from Revshift

There is no doubt in my mind that Revshift makes some of the best mounts and bushings available. I have had their motor mounts for about 6 months now, great product. I have their diff bushing, again great product.

My concern is the wait time to get the parts. My diff bushing took 3 weeks to get to me. I ordered the cradle bushings and trailing arm bushings on 3/28, still no parts. I called before I ordered and asked if they were in stock, I told them I didn't want to be three weeks out like the diff bushing. They were very apologetic and assured me that they had the cradle bushings in stock and would most likely ship next day, so I ordered them that evening.

I sent an email after 1 week went by, no response. Called and left a message, kept calling and finally got in touch on Tuesday 4/9 and was told the cradle bushings were there, they were waiting on the trailing arm bushings. I was told they would get them shipped out express at no charge, since they dropped the ball, by Wed 4/10 at the latest and I should have them by Thursday (nothing yet). I'm hoping the parts will be here by tomorrow.

I don't mind waiting for parts, especially when they are quality parts. I understand they are a small shop and might not have a shelf full of the parts. It would just be nice to get some feedback from the vendor as to why it's taking 3 weeks on average to get anything. If I had a warranty issue and needed a motor mount replaced would my car be out of service for three weeks while I wait on parts? For now I guess I'll just wait it out and hopefully it wont be another week before I can get this project done. Revshift, can you let us know what's going on?
Old 04-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. Horrible customer service. I waited a week for my trans insert, emailed, no response then after another week, it showed up. Not a single response to my inquiry, no tracking number issued, etc.

Revshift makes great products, but I'm afraid if someone else makes the same thing with better customer service, Revshift will lose a ton of business.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Launching!

It seems like hit or miss with Revshift. I ordered my trans insert and it was at my door three days later. Cant wait to put it in...Reverse is horrible. Hoping insert helps.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:54 PM
JDB
Launching!

Sounds like you really don't understand that they're a small shop making parts as ordered.

I ordered motor mounts, recieved an email thanking me for order and payment, received an email within 5 business days that they were shipped and provided tracking info., and they showed up a couple days later. Works for me, thanks RevShift!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JDB
Sounds like you really don't understand that they're a small shop making parts as ordered.

I ordered motor mounts, recieved an email thanking me for order and payment, received an email within 5 business days that they were shipped and provided tracking info., and they showed up a couple days later. Works for me, thanks RevShift!
When you call before placing the order and are told the parts are in stock and should ship next day that's what should happen. I was told the cradle bushing were in stock and would most likely ship next day. Hopefully they improve their communications with their customers, they do make awesome products. I really don't mind that its taking this long, it would just be nice if they were upfront about how long it would take, that's all. A little honesty goes a long way.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, I have to say that I had good experiences with them. I waited for a while for my MMs and trans insert to ship, and when they didn't ship, I gave them a polite phone call to make sure my order hadn't been lost. All in all I think I had to wait three weeks. I think my experience was made easier by the fact that I have a little patience.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I received my trans insert within 3 days of ordering it.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:31 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been waiting since March 1st for a set to be replaced under warranty. I think I'm just going to design my own so they won't spin after one month of use. I have a plastic/poly/rubber vendor that will make them for me.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Launching!

How about being realistic and thankful that they even make such excellent parts for our outdated and rare cars? Who knows how many other possible great products for our cars don't see the light of day after fabricators and vendors see how people lose their **** over a few week wait time for custom made quality parts for rare niche cars.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ravenls6v
How about being realistic and thankful that they even make such excellent parts for our outdated and rare cars? Who knows how many other possible great products for our cars don't see the light of day after fabricators and vendors see how people lose their **** over a few week wait time for custom made quality parts for rare niche cars.
I hate to pile on, but I agree with this guy 100%.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dougnuts
i hate to pile on, but i agree with this guy 100%.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We don't want to make things to order but since we released the CTS-V bushings we have been on the edge of having things in stock and making parts to order. Revshift currently consists of two guys, Myself (John) and Adam. We had a part time machinist to help during the holidays but he has since moved on. Adam and I make all of our parts from scratch. We do not outsource a single thing and we pride ourselves on that fact.

Since the release of the CTS-V bushings we have been working like maniacs. We did not expect the demand for these parts to be so high. We try to answer the phones and reply to emails as much as we can but getting the parts made and shipped out is our priority. We are making some big changes for 2013. One of these changes is that we are currently in the process of purchasing a new machine which will drastically speed up production. We are also reworking our computer systems and organizational methods to better handle the higher order volumes.

We would hire a secretary to answer the phones but anyone calling with a technical question would have to talk to Adam or myself anyway. Also, paying someone to sit around until the phone rings is not a good financial option for us while we are trying to purchase new equipment and expand to meet the demand.

Basically, we are a small company that makes everything in-house. We work extremely hard and we are steadily expanding. The most important thing is that the wait times are not permanent. With your continued support we will be able to expand and produce the parts much faster. In return, it will enable us to continue to design and release new parts that are not currently available (we have a whole list of things). Our goal is to ship all orders out within 24 hours. We will get there soon!

Thank you, everyone, for your support and understanding.

- John
Old 04-12-2013, 11:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Revshift
We don't want to make things to order but since we released the CTS-V bushings we have been on the edge of having things in stock and making parts to order. Revshift currently consists of two guys, Myself (John) and Adam. We had a part time machinist to help during the holidays but he has since moved on. Adam and I make all of our parts from scratch. We do not outsource a single thing and we pride ourselves on that fact.

Since the release of the CTS-V bushings we have been working like maniacs. We did not expect the demand for these parts to be so high. We try to answer the phones and reply to emails as much as we can but getting the parts made and shipped out is our priority. We are making some big changes for 2013. One of these changes is that we are currently in the process of purchasing a new machine which will drastically speed up production. We are also reworking our computer systems and organizational methods to better handle the higher order volumes.

We would hire a secretary to answer the phones but anyone calling with a technical question would have to talk to Adam or myself anyway. Also, paying someone to sit around until the phone rings is not a good financial option for us while we are trying to purchase new equipment and expand to meet the demand.

Basically, we are a small company that makes everything in-house. We work extremely hard and we are steadily expanding. The most important thing is that the wait times are not permanent. With your continued support we will be able to expand and produce the parts much faster. In return, it will enable us to continue to design and release new parts that are not currently available (we have a whole list of things). Our goal is to ship all orders out within 24 hours. We will get there soon!

Thank you, everyone, for your support and understanding.

- John
Thank you for taking the time to explain. When everyone said small shop I figured it was at least 5-10 people. But holy crap, just 2 guys making all this stuff, WOW! Here's to your continued growth and success! Thanks for all you do. I will wait patiently for my parts.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

i get it. i have been trying to be patient as well. been roughly 4 weeks for me to wait for my order. praying i have them soon. i am getting tired of looking at the long tubes and other parts stacking up until i get all the mounts and **** taken care of.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:33 AM
Launching!

I just ordered a diff bushing and got it in less than a week, was flawless. They emailed me when they got my order and emailed me when there was a tracking number.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Launching!

its never fun at the start, after the first batch sells out its a mad dash to fill the orders, the phone just rings, the inbox never gets smaller, and the one time you let the phone ring so you could ****. always bites you in the *** because that guy started a thread about how you never pick up the phone.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

Made a warranty claim on my driveshaft coupler and got replacement bushings within a week. I'm very happy with the customer service.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Onefast V
Made a warranty claim on my driveshaft coupler and got replacement bushings within a week. I'm very happy with the customer service.
Thank you for the compliment. You just put a smile on my face.
Jennifer T,
GM Customer Care Service
Old 04-17-2013, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

GM, you make lulz
Old 04-17-2013, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GM Customer Service
Thank you for the compliment. You just put a smile on my face.
Jennifer T,
GM Customer Care Service
Warranty claim with Revshift not GM. My car is far out of warranty.

Quick Reply: Ordering from Revshift