Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

ARP balancer bolt number? Also install help for harmonic please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARP balancer bolt number? Also install help for harmonic please.

Ordering a new balancer and balancer bolt for my 05 v the ARP number I found for the bolt is 234-2503? Is that the right one for the V? Says it fits gen III engines just making sure it's not a special one for the V's. Also should I be expecting any surprises with changing it? I know I need a 3 jaw puller but anything else to know. It's not keyed from what I have read so it doesn't matter what position I put it on the crank right? Thanks for any info.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gen III/IV are the same except in applications where a dry sump lube system is used (LS7/9). You may want to get a long threaded rod to use to install with. That way you won't be using the first threads for pulling the new damper on. I know McMaster and MSC-Direct have them. Size is M16 x 2.0 if I recall. Or you can get the J tool which is a way overpriced version but the rod is hardened.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:30 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Definitely use a tool to install it onto the crank. Banging it on with a hammer runs the risk of damaging your thrust bearing and increasing the crankshaft end play. Trying to pull it on with the stock bolt may rip the threads out of the crank plus it doesn't reach the threads initially so you'll have to bang it on also. You can find a longer bolt to use that engages at least 5 threads before pulling on the balancer and be ok.

Just borrow a tool from someone or make one with threaded rod.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Look up the thread I did on balancer install. I fucked it up because I didn't have the right tools. Don't attempt without the tools.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scottylow
Ordering a new balancer and balancer bolt for my 05 v the ARP number I found for the bolt is 234-2503? Is that the right one for the V? Says it fits gen III engines just making sure it's not a special one for the V's. Also should I be expecting any surprises with changing it? I know I need a 3 jaw puller but anything else to know. It's not keyed from what I have read so it doesn't matter what position I put it on the crank right? Thanks for any info.
I have a brand new unopened ARP balancer bolt - part# 234-2503.

I will let it go for $25 shipped.

Quick Reply: ARP balancer bolt number? Also install help for harmonic please.