Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Maggie overdriven rears DONE!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brack86svo
To do a spacer, isn't that going to throw off the alignment of the jackshaft? The back of the shaft bolts to the HU but, the front bolts to the manifold. How are you going to make everything line back up? I like the idea. More volume should make more power.
wont really know till i get it apart.. i can machine new brackets if i have to or sneak a spacer on both side between the lower mani and heads..wont know until i start the r&d
Old 08-20-2013, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
wont really know till i get it apart.. i can machine new brackets if i have to or sneak a spacer on both side between the lower mani and heads..wont know until i start the r&d
I can help you with this much, if it helps at all.... To remove the front bracket, you have to press off the 4-bolt pulley hub and the front bearing. The bracket is installed before the bearing is pressed on the shaft. I will have all these parts extra once I throw on my new shaft, so I can lend them out for some R&D.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet man.. Deff interested in using the brackets for measurements. I changed my jack shaft bearings when I did my pulleys.. Ended up going with a bearing rated at 22k. The Maggie bearings are only rated to 12k. No wonder they go out from time to time lol
Old 08-20-2013, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Sweet man.. Deff interested in using the brackets for measurements. I changed my jack shaft bearings when I did my pulleys.. Ended up going with a bearing rated at 22k. The Maggie bearings are only rated to 12k. No wonder they go out from time to time lol
Where did you source the bearings from?
Old 08-24-2013, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

It's back together. I'm just shy of 8 psi with a 3.1 front pulley. I wish I would have done this without breaking anything but, that's part of game.

I'm going to throw the 2.8 pulley on the front and see what the AFR's do. I'm at 11.49 with the 3.1, so I may be ok.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:26 PM
Launching!

So are your rears 1:1 or something different? Stock head/cam/exhaust ls6? I think just around 8 or 8.5 will be a good boost pressure to shoot for. How does it feel?

Edit: my two, 3.2 rear pullies came in yesterday. The tool and front 2.9 pulley should be in on Tuesday. If I get some free time this weekend ey are going on!

It's back together. I'm just shy of 8 psi with a 3.1 front pulley. I wish I would have done this without breaking anything but, that's part of game.

I'm going to throw the 2.8 pulley on the front and see what the AFR's do. I'm at 11.49 with the 3.1, so I may be ok.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's a pretty big step down.. Watch those afr's! 1:1 rears right?
Old 08-25-2013, 12:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow! Some cool stuff going on in here. I'm about to add swap out my 241 heads for some 317's, a Speed Inc SI9 cam, and some meth to cool things down. I was worried about losing boost and this talk of swapping the rear pulleys sounds promising.

Is this the tool you guys are talking about for removal/install on the rear pulleys? I cant see my rear pulleys but I can feel a hole in the center shaft on them both. I assume they are tapped just for this purpose?

I was also thinking of sandblasting all of the blower pulleys and possibly adding an overdrive crank. Any thoughts on the sand blasting?

Also, I've always wanted to get a little more belt wrap on my nose pulley. If you watch the scrolling pics on the home page of this site, it looks like these guys may have made a bracket/pulley setup that may help us mp112 guys out. I realize this is on a tvs but it looks promising. Anyone know about what they offer? The site isn't too helpful.

Also, someone mentioned bearings good for more rpm. Do we have any part numbers or links? Might as well do those if I am going to swap pulleys.

Keep up the good work guys!
Old 08-25-2013, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2007V
So are your rears 1:1 or something different? Stock head/cam/exhaust ls6? I think just around 8 or 8.5 will be a good boost pressure to shoot for. How does it feel?

Edit: my two, 3.2 rear pullies came in yesterday. The tool and front 2.9 pulley should be in on Tuesday. If I get some free time this weekend ey are going on!
I am 1:1 on the rears now. I haven't really done any hard pulls with it yet. The boost comes in super quick and makes for some great torque.

That's a pretty big step down.. Watch those afr's! 1:1 rears right?
1:1 rear. I tried a slight pull last night and from a quick glance at my NGK gauge, it went to about 10.9. With the 2 bar OS, it has a boost enrichment now, and that must be adding in the extra fuel.

I'm having a hell of a time trying to tune it. If I set the IFR tables according to what Magnuson says the injectors are, it's way lean and wont run in open loop.

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693
Wow! Some cool stuff going on in here. I'm about to add swap out my 241 heads for some 317's, a Speed Inc SI9 cam, and some meth to cool things down. I was worried about losing boost and this talk of swapping the rear pulleys sounds promising.

Is this the tool you guys are talking about for removal/install on the rear pulleys? I cant see my rear pulleys but I can feel a hole in the center shaft on them both. I assume they are tapped just for this purpose?

I was also thinking of sandblasting all of the blower pulleys and possibly adding an overdrive crank. Any thoughts on the sand blasting?

Also, I've always wanted to get a little more belt wrap on my nose pulley. If you watch the scrolling pics on the home page of this site, it looks like these guys may have made a bracket/pulley setup that may help us mp112 guys out. I realize this is on a tvs but it looks promising. Anyone know about what they offer? The site isn't too helpful.

Also, someone mentioned bearings good for more rpm. Do we have any part numbers or links? Might as well do those if I am going to swap pulleys.

I don't know anything about sand blasting the pulleys. Sounds like in theory it would help with belt slip but, it is a double edge sword. You will probably wear out belts quickly with the added friction when the belt pulls it's self into the grooves.

I can't answer you on the tool but, it looks like it would work.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd grab someone to sit there and watch the wide band and let the motor rip.. That 10.9 might just be the tip in with the way the 2 bar is set up. I didn't go boost enrichment for the simple fact that its alot harder to tune and get drivability down using a ecu that wasn't designed for boosted apps. By adding in the boost enrichment your gonna have one hell of a time getting all the tables right.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:07 AM
Launching!

Yes that is the tool that I ordered. Hopefully I use it this weekend and will let you know if it works. Heck maybe I should just sell it to you if your interested after I use it.

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693

Old 08-26-2013, 03:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah man I'll buy it if it works for pulling/reinstalling the rears!

Brack - good point on the belt wear. It wouldn't be terrible swapping front belts but I'd hate to have to pull the blower to change the rear one any sooner than I have to.

Any info on those higher rpm bearing? Anyone?
Old 08-26-2013, 05:57 AM
On The Tree

I'd grab someone to sit there and watch the wide band and let the motor rip.. That 10.9 might just be the tip in with the way the 2 bar is set up. I didn't go boost enrichment for the simple fact that its alot harder to tune and get drivability down using a ecu that wasn't designed for boosted apps. By adding in the boost enrichment your gonna have one hell of a time getting all the tables right.
The 10.9 was at about 5k, so I know I'm safe up till there. When I was tuning in open loop, I never got it above 90kpa, and still couldn't seem to get the VE table worked out. It has something to do with the IFR. Magnuson said the injectors are Mototron s107 60lbs. If I plug in the IFR for those injectors, with the stock VE table, the car should run reasonably well. Instead, it's way lean and I have to jack the VE table all around just to get it to idle.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

The 10.9 was at about 5k, so I know I'm safe up till there. When I was tuning in open loop, I never got it above 90kpa, and still couldn't seem to get the VE table worked out. It has something to do with the IFR. Magnuson said the injectors are Mototron s107 60lbs. If I plug in the IFR for those injectors, with the stock VE table, the car should run reasonably well. Instead, it's way lean and I have to jack the VE table all around just to get it to idle.
i put a million bucks you have 42lbers. whats the injector cycle looking like? what color ring is around the base of the injector?
Old 08-26-2013, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

one other thing is im a firm believer in NOT raping the PE table but it does need some work over stock!
Old 08-26-2013, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey man, did you remember to zero out the maf and maf fail freq?
Old 08-26-2013, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

i put a million bucks you have 42lbers. whats the injector cycle looking like? what color ring is around the base of the injector?
That's what my tuner assumed. They are the ones with the blue ring at the bottom. Everything I've seen points to them being 60# but, I'll be damned if I can get the setup right. I bought the Greg Banish DVD, so hopefully that will help me with the things I still don't understand.

one other thing is im a firm believer in NOT raping the PE table but it does need some work over stock!
I haven't touched the PE table.

hey man, did you remember to zero out the maf and maf fail freq?
I did do that. I have the calibration before the rear pulleys flashed over the 2 bar OS and it's running decent. I'm pulling rich on the decel, between 11 and 12 AFR, so that has me believing the injectors aren't setup right.

I logged a 3rd gear pull leaving work. The AFR's for WOT are as I was seeing before - 11.8 and going to 10.9 by redline. I'm seeing just over 9 psi at the beginning and falling to 8psi by redline. I'm logging this with the map sensor, and it should be close. My IAT by redline was 158* - scary. I have no knock, and overall timing at redline is 18 degrees. I need to double check to make sure all the air is out of the IC since pulling the blower.

A side not - I pressed the TVS hub off the front of my old shaft, and it's the exact same ID as the rear pulleys. Essentially, swapping to a rear TVS pulley by getting two of the front hubs, seems very viable. This opens the door to multiple pulley combinations, and rear cog drive systems.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Blue ring at the bottom? Those sound like 80lb injectors.

That's what my tuner assumed. They are the ones with the blue ring at the bottom. Everything I've seen points to them being 60# but, I'll be damned if I can get the setup right. I bought the Greg Banish DVD, so hopefully that will help me with the things I still don't understand.

I haven't touched the PE table.

I did do that. I have the calibration before the rear pulleys flashed over the 2 bar OS and it's running decent. I'm pulling rich on the decel, between 11 and 12 AFR, so that has me believing the injectors aren't setup right.

I logged a 3rd gear pull leaving work. The AFR's for WOT are as I was seeing before - 11.8 and going to 10.9 by redline. I'm seeing just over 9 psi at the beginning and falling to 8psi by redline. I'm logging this with the map sensor, and it should be close. My IAT by redline was 158* - scary. I have no knock, and overall timing at redline is 18 degrees. I need to double check to make sure all the air is out of the IC since pulling the blower.

A side not - I pressed the TVS hub off the front of my old shaft, and it's the exact same ID as the rear pulleys. Essentially, swapping to a rear TVS pulley by getting two of the front hubs, seems very viable. This opens the door to multiple pulley combinations, and rear cog drive systems.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98cobra
Blue ring at the bottom? Those sound like 80lb injectors.
Magnuson said they are Mototron S107's

http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...roducts_id/449
Old 08-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Launching!

My IAT by redline was 158* - scary. I have no knock, and overall timing at redline is 18 degrees. I need to double check to make sure all the air is out of the IC since pulling the blower.
Do you remember what the OAT was royghly?

Quick Reply: Maggie overdriven rears DONE!!