Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Two questions from a new STS-V owner (sorry to crash the cts-v forum lol)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Two questions from a new STS-V owner (sorry to crash the cts-v forum lol)

Just bought a 2008 sts-v, really wanted the cts-v but got a retarded good deal on this sts-v.. Never been an auto fan, but she is one plush mother!! Lol...

Anyway, I've done about a week of searching for the DVD hack to play while driving for my fiancé on regular road trips.. I see u cts-v guys found a way around with the the second button trick, I can't seem to find any such thing for the '08 sts.. I don't wanna spend 200 bucks on a specialized unit when I know there has to be an easy way around this, software or wiring something differently..

Second question, how do I stop the dinger!!?? When I'm vacuuming or detailing or wiping wheels and windows on my car I wanna listen to radio without horrendous dinging in my ear!

Ok I lied, one more question- I love the parts list you guys have! Anything similar for the sts?

Thanks for the help in advance! Glad to be back on the ls1tech forums!! Been about a year!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome, and nice car you got there. In our menu we can adjust the chime volume; engine must not be running to get into this menu. Only other options is to keep key in the on position but then you have to deal with many more accessories on.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:30 AM
TECH Resident

Congrats, those STS-V's are pretty sweet, DVD I have no clue. The dinger is most likely coming through your speakers as you have an 08 model. This means that unless you go to an aftermarket deck, and remove the chime module that will come with the harness you are stuck with it. The only other thought I would have on that matter is to find the door position sensors and fool them.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:59 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

With the car parked, the emergency brake on and the DVD playing, Press the 2nd button from the bottom (may be the bottom button) on the right side of the radio simultaneously with the seek up button. Release and press them simultaneously again. Release the parking brake and it should still be playing.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Launching!

07cts-v, thanks, but that's for the CTS-V, doesn't work for sts-v my friend.. Anyone got anything else? Thanks for the advice, so far, was just hoping for something a bit not permanent on dinger, and I guess I'll just get the dang lock pick device, as bad as I hate to.. Unless anyone else has anything on which wire controls the DVD player safety feature??
Old 05-09-2013, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

STS V FORUM:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-series-forum/
Old 05-10-2013, 07:21 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DACTARI
I suppose this should have been my advice also.

Quick Reply: Two questions from a new STS-V owner (sorry to crash the cts-v forum lol)