Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Finally got a quick dyno pull

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 10:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what were your Iats getting to?
Old 07-16-2013, 07:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tommycompton
what were your Iats getting to?
150's at the end of the pull..starting around 110ish..it was hot and humid as hell
Old 07-16-2013, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Ever consider heat extractor vent or a phenolic spacer?
Old 07-16-2013, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Ever consider heat extractor vent or a phenolic spacer?
spacer yes..i actually might make a spacer for the blower or something similar to the lid spacer on the v2.. make a spacer between the manifold halves to get me a little more volume. only problem is the jack shaft.. if i can get away with it it should help.

as far as the hood.. i cant see the money its gonna cost at this time. id rather put it towards a bigger blower
Old 07-16-2013, 02:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
spacer yes..i actually might make a spacer for the blower or something similar to the lid spacer on the v2.. make a spacer between the manifold halves to get me a little more volume. only problem is the jack shaft.. if i can get away with it it should help.

as far as the hood.. i cant see the money its gonna cost at this time. id rather put it towards a bigger blower
if you do this consider offering it to all the maggie users. you get a good amount of people interested. i know i would be.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Onefast V
if you do this consider offering it to all the maggie users. you get a good amount of people interested. i know i would be.
absolutely...wont happen till the winter or i break something..lol

only issue i see is the jackshaft alignment. my father actually works for Trumph (cnc manufacturer) so i can have anything lazer cut out of plate..should be pretty easy once i split the manifold and see what we have to work with.

might see if i can come up with a spacer for the blower case to upper mani and another spacer for the middle of the upper and lower.. again all dependant on getting the jack to still work..might need a longer rear belt.

it would also open up the possibility of a thicker HX. we'll see
Old 07-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Launching!

http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...9c15d172874752

- This fits beautifully behind the lower front grill with a little effort... just sayin'. Three pull fans on the back. Keeps the IAT's down in the 130s.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by greddy91
http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...9c15d172874752

- This fits beautifully behind the lower front grill with a little effort... just sayin'. Three pull fans on the back. Keeps the IAT's down in the 130s.
funny u post that..i just ordered that exact one 2 days ago lol. 130's sound awesome
Old 07-23-2013, 08:53 AM
Launching!

funny u post that..i just ordered that exact one 2 days ago lol. 130's sound awesome
If you get a wild hair - insert a reservoir into the equation too. The more liquid you have in that system the better the heat dissipation will be.

I still haven't done my battery relo kit - figured after I did I would put a reservoir in the blank hole. For now I'm just staring at it and celebrating the sub 50k clock.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by greddy91
If you get a wild hair - insert a reservoir into the equation too. The more liquid you have in that system the better the heat dissipation will be.

I still haven't done my battery relo kit - figured after I did I would put a reservoir in the blank hole. For now I'm just staring at it and celebrating the sub 50k clock.
i picked up one of the gt500 res's the other day im gonna run along side the new HX. when my battery goes in the back (which should be soon) thats where my standalone fuel cell is gonna go for the nitrous. i thought about adding a ice box but i really think im changing the setup after this year.. i want about 600-650 with out spray
Old 07-23-2013, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

This will give you an idea of what the insides look like. Had mine apart to reseal the intercooler. The RTV was all but missing and some of it was lol its kind of an odd duck with lots of orings.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...=382840&page=2
Old 07-23-2013, 06:56 PM
Launching!

How much larger is the new HX than the unit that came with the Maggie?
Old 07-24-2013, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love torque...haha. Nice numbers for sure out of a 112. I might be pulling my 1.9 off here in the winter...would be cool to see a V1 with a V2 blower...haha.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
I love torque...haha. Nice numbers for sure out of a 112. I might be pulling my 1.9 off here in the winter...would be cool to see a V1 with a V2 blower...haha.
only problem with that is id need small bore ls3 heads which are a good chunk of change..plus a hood, the blower..water pump,balancer,all the brackets and pulleys...etc my buddy actually has a spare v2 blower that he would give me cheap but with everything else it'll take id be way over the cost of say the edlebrock kit that will be in the same power range as the v2 blower.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GFallen
How much larger is the new HX than the unit that came with the Maggie?
the maggie stocker is quite small in comparison.. being as its 1 inch thick vs 3.5..the frozen boost hx may or may not hold that much more fluid but the fluid will have more time to cool thru that design than the thin type
Old 07-24-2013, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

only problem with that is id need small bore ls3 heads which are a good chunk of change..plus a hood, the blower..water pump,balancer,all the brackets and pulleys...etc my buddy actually has a spare v2 blower that he would give me cheap but with everything else it'll take id be way over the cost of say the edlebrock kit that will be in the same power range as the v2 blower.
Sounds like a good excuse to do a Forged 416 build too...haha.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:11 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good numbers man! I am surprised that the IAT's only got to the 150's considering how fast you're spinning that thing. A spacer would help, and the Cobra boys have had pretty good luck with having their 112 cases ported through this place:

http://www.stiegemeier.com/

The Frozenboost HEX mentioned earlier is the exact same unit that I have, and I am consistantly with 10*-15* of ambiant with the E-Force. Another low buck thing you can try is to insulate the lines to/from with 3/4" x 3/8" HVAC tubing insultion so that the HEX coolant does not absorb any additional radiant heat from the engine bay, since the heater hose transmits heat fairly well.

Really interested to see how you do on the bottle.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DMM
Good numbers man! I am surprised that the IAT's only got to the 150's considering how fast you're spinning that thing. A spacer would help, and the Cobra boys have had pretty good luck with having their 112 cases ported through this place:

http://www.stiegemeier.com/

The Frozenboost HEX mentioned earlier is the exact same unit that I have, and I am consistantly with 10*-15* of ambiant with the E-Force. Another low buck thing you can try is to insulate the lines to/from with 3/4" x 3/8" HVAC tubing insultion so that the HEX coolant does not absorb any additional radiant heat from the engine bay, since the heater hose transmits heat fairly well.

Really interested to see how you do on the bottle.
i have talked to stiegmeier a couple times.. hes actually who got me jackhaft bearing that are rated at 22,000 rpm's compared to the 12k that come from magnuson. he offers a few things like lightened rotors..over driven gear drives but he says the maggie case is pretty stout the way it is.. im not to caring about the hp as i am the iat's.

by the way, hows that clutch and trans treating you? still chattering?
Old 07-26-2013, 02:37 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have talked to stiegmeier a couple times.. hes actually who got me jackhaft bearing that are rated at 22,000 rpm's compared to the 12k that come from magnuson. he offers a few things like lightened rotors..over driven gear drives but he says the maggie case is pretty stout the way it is.. im not to caring about the hp as i am the iat's.

by the way, hows that clutch and trans treating you? still chattering?
Good deal...from the pics of the Stiegmeier ported blowers that I have seen, it appeared as if the outlet is opened substantially, which could help with IAT's. Looking a his site yesterday, I did not see the porting options though...so that may be a thing of the past.

I have not driven the V more than 150 miles since I got it together. I'm in South Africa for the next few weeks and I have vacation as soon as I get home, so I won't have any time to do anything with it until early Sept. One reason why it takes sooo long for me to get anything done lol.

Quick Reply: Finally got a quick dyno pull