Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Wheel hop cure. Need info

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyway, Every revshift bushing that is offered in the rear (UCA, Cradle, Trailing arms, pinion), diff block, pinion support, G-force axels, Map/creative steel trailing arms (get rid of front rubber mount), BMR/Creative steel toe rods, good tires at right psi, should solve 99% of wheel hop.

I have everything but the toe rods and the wheel hop is largely gone. However, the more I beat on it the more lash and driveline slop I seem to have. I will be climbing under the car soon to determine if I need to do something with the ds bushing.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have everything but the toe rods and trailing arms. But I do have the 8.8. Wheel hop was improved, but not much. Its still horrible
Old 10-03-2013, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

What size tires are you running?

Also would a stiffer strut/spring help? Seemed to make a big difference with wheel hop on my ~300whp FWD DSM when I put K-Sport coilovers on.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by silver1r
I also have everything but the toe rods and trailing arms. But I do have the 8.8. Wheel hop was improved, but not much. Its still horrible
Something is wrong here. I ran my car with that samw setup and had no hop. Except in rain again. Had several track days and drag launches too. My guess is terrible tires.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sssnake
Anyway, ......
I'm listening....

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
Something is wrong here. I ran my car with that samw setup and had no hop. Except in rain again. Had several track days and drag launches too. My guess is terrible tires.
I agree in theory. IRS should still be subject to some wheel hop in certain situations, but the 8.8 with the better axles provide a much better setup and in most of the cases I have HEARD cured the wheel hop.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
I went out and tried again tonight. Instead of 1st gear, I started in 2nd. Reved to 4500 and dumped the clutch. By far the longest burnout I have ever done in a long time, and extremely smooth! So I believe 2 things were hurting me. 1, I'm still running a 245 tire. (Nitto Invo w/ 75% tread.) I have read that a wider tire will help alot, so I will be going to a 295 once I get my wheels widened. 2, in second gear, I had alot more wheel speed. So it never had a chance to hop.
All in all, after tonight, I feel much better.

Quick Reply: Wheel hop cure. Need info