Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Fight Wheel Hop

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or, GM TSB installed bushings (free of charge) - close replication of the Lingenfelter/Specter parts.

Just my .02
Old 09-30-2005, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

Default Cadillac Bushings

I am taking my car in monday for free bushings that cadillac says will almost eliminate the wheel hop. We will see if it actually works. Its free so why not try it.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sullen Clothing
I am taking my car in monday for free bushings that cadillac says will almost eliminate the wheel hop. We will see if it actually works. Its free so why not try it.
They don't eliminate wheel hop!
Old 10-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

It reduced it for me, but to be honest, I haven't flogged the car since I got it back cos they replaced my diff as well. If the weather clears up tonight, I'm a be out rippin' it a li'l bit. I'll report back once I've had a chance to kick 'er sack in.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Teching In

I had the bushings replaced on Friday, and it did seem to help stiffen up the rear a little. But the evil wheel hop is still there. I had the car dyno tuned on Saturday and with the new found power it really hops like a mother on the 1-2 shift. The bushings are just a band-aid there not the cure.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

I think its hilarious to see the posts from a year and a half ago on the rear problems. The one guy basically predicted it. As far as the bushings, unless you really clutch drop it (never did this ever) I don't see how they don't work.My rear is so messed up - it whines uncontrolably, and grinds at times I swear, I don't really do too much. I love this car!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Teching In

My dealer out here in cali, i told them about it and they agreed to put them on i just havent had the chance to take it though.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Teching In

Default wheel hop

sorry just trying to help
i have my v hp up so i dont get anything from gm free
Old 10-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by socalV
My dealer out here in cali, i told them about it and they agreed to put them on i just havent had the chance to take it though.
socal what dealership do you go to?
Old 10-05-2005, 07:36 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

We might try this kit from BMR on the CTS-V we have, that we are installing an ATI ProCharger on. Bob

Anybody that's driven one of these cars knows about the serious wheelhop issues. What people don't know is how to resolve it. While this car is definitely a modern day musclecar, first and foremost it's a Cadillac and GM designed the suspension ultimately with ride quality in mind. This doesn't mean that you have to sacrifice ride quality, though. A careful balance of fixed mounts and rubber mounts can provide both ride quality and traction.
This new kit makes the cradle a fixed mount and reinforces the cradle in a critical area, the trailing arm mount. With this kit alone, wheelhop is reduced approximately 75% and ride quality is only slightly effected.

AWK001 2004-2005 Cadillac CTS-V Anti-wheelhop kit $329.95

Old 10-17-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

not to bash there work, but i believe i have read post that people haven't had any luck with the BMR kit. I think that the onl kit that i did see some noticeable differences was the KARS cradle stabilizer kit. They're stage 3 kit is a bolt-on with weld-in plates.

Initially, its a piece like the BMR but goes around the Whole rear diff/driveshaft area, not sure exactly what is the name of this part. Anyways, then it has two bars that wing out to the sides, bolting on to a few different parts and finally splitting to the weld plates.

Basically, it retains/eliminates/limits the amount of movement in the diff, causing less pinion deflection, at the same time trying to stop the clunk in the driveshaft when pushing in the clutch in parade type traffic situations.

I'll try to find the post, give me a sec....

Quick Reply: Fight Wheel Hop