Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

mp122's brand new!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

New guy here. Didn't want to start a new thread. Punishment, how are you getting so much boost? I have and 05 that I recently purchased and it has a 122. I'm pretty sure it's onefastV's old car. I have a new forged LS6 for it and would like to try and get 600+ whp. I am assuming you changed the rear pulleys, and was wondering how you did it? Suggestions?
Old 01-06-2016, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doble
New guy here. Didn't want to start a new thread. Punishment, how are you getting so much boost? I have and 05 that I recently purchased and it has a 122. I'm pretty sure it's onefastV's old car. I have a new forged LS6 for it and would like to try and get 600+ whp. I am assuming you changed the rear pulleys, and was wondering how you did it? Suggestions?
Over driven rear pulleys, overdriven balancer, all 8rib and a 2.9 front jackshaft pulley has me touching 20lbs. How the motor is still together has me surprised as well.
My motor is simple.. Diamond pistons,eagle rods w\2000 bolts,stock crank and heads. ARP head bolts and mains.
Remember one thing with a boost number..its a measure of restriction. I have a ls9 can,so a better can would lower my boost reading but raise my power... Rule of thumb is to find the goal of what you want the car to be.. See where you are and change things to make it more efficient with less boost but more power. Boost does not = more power with these types of blower because boost creates heat and heat kills efficiency and power
Old 01-07-2016, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
Over driven rear pulleys, overdriven balancer, all 8rib and a 2.9 front jackshaft pulley has me touching 20lbs. How the motor is still together has me surprised as well.
My motor is simple.. Diamond pistons,eagle rods w\2000 bolts,stock crank and heads. ARP head bolts and mains.
Remember one thing with a boost number..its a measure of restriction. I have a ls9 can,so a better can would lower my boost reading but raise my power... Rule of thumb is to find the goal of what you want the car to be.. See where you are and change things to make it more efficient with less boost but more power. Boost does not = more power with these types of blower because boost creates heat and heat kills efficiency and power
Thanks,
What do you think this kit would be worth if I went another direction with my setup?
Old 01-07-2016, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

The kit with say just the 122 upgrade (if they got it from me then it was 100% brand new and the last of em anywhere) id say 4-4500. Also assuming it has the carbon shaft,90mm tb and 60# injectors. All of which are kind of typical. But i wouldnt let it go for much less than 4k for the entire kit
Old 01-08-2016, 01:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The kit with say just the 122 upgrade (if they got it from me then it was 100% brand new and the last of em anywhere) id say 4-4500. Also assuming it has the carbon shaft,90mm tb and 60# injectors. All of which are kind of typical. But i wouldnt let it go for much less than 4k for the entire kit
Are you selling a kit, or advising on a sale?

I'm looking for a 122 kit (or just the 122).
Old 01-08-2016, 04:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fre1102

Wish I could help ya bro, this thread is years old now. I grabbed the last three that were available after they discontinued it all and now the v1 kits are discontinued as well all together.
If you can score a jackshaft driven 122 off a vette or gto and swap head units and sell the 112 I'd say you got lucky.

A lot of guys will say go TVS or Whipple and such.. Its true those are much better blowers for the all in guys but for us regular folk that beat the snot outta a 112...the 122 still makes me content with my choices.

Either way I'm sorry I couldn't help
Old 01-08-2016, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Wish I could help ya bro, this thread is years old now. I grabbed the last three that were available after they discontinued it all and now the v1 kits are discontinued as well all together.
If you can score a jackshaft driven 122 off a vette or gto and swap head units and sell the 112 I'd say you got lucky.

A lot of guys will say go TVS or Whipple and such.. Its true those are much better blowers for the all in guys but for us regular folk that beat the snot outta a 112...the 122 still makes me content with my choices.

Either way I'm sorry I couldn't help
I'm just not willing to spend $6600 on the blower kit. That's...ridiculous. At that point, I'd just buy a newer car.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

I'm just not willing to spend $6600 on the blower kit. That's...ridiculous. At that point, I'd just buy a newer car.
Lol buy a newer car and be done with it. It takes way more than a blower to make this car fast.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:39 PM
TECH Regular

And that's the difference between buy a fast car and build a fast car I mean no disrespect by this but in my opinion if I just want a fast car I would buy a vette but I want a car that I don't see all the time
Old 01-10-2016, 02:54 AM
Staging Lane

I am going to sell mine if you're interested.

Quick Reply: mp122's brand new!!