Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

I have cured the wheel hop in my 2005 CTSV.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 05:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Isn't this working like a "traction bar" only for the complete rear cradle.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LS BRAVADA
Isn't this working like a "traction bar" only for the complete rear cradle.
Yes. But also as a strengthening piece to the cars frame.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:21 PM
TECH Regular

Smile

What if the cradle was just mounted solid with aluminum inserts and give up a bit of comfort. (just askin, don't beat me up).
Old 02-06-2014, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

What if the cradle was just mounted solid with aluminum inserts and give up a bit of comfort. (just askin, don't beat me up).
It has been done. Not really with spacers but just welding them closed really. But like you said gives the most violent ride. These would be 10x easier to install/mod them going that route.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Nik!

I expected to see the front cradle bolts react exactly like that, but the damn LCA was moving all over the place.

I don't think the noise is going to be a huge problem, but then again I have over 3500 watts of DubStep goodness in my car, so I don't care.....lol

I have already reached out to RevShift to make these, but did not get a response, so this is something I will be having made for my car if I do not go with the RevShift Red/Green bushings....
Old 02-06-2014, 09:12 PM
TECH Regular

It doesn't seem like they would be too hard to make. If it ever warms up around here I just might turn some out on my lathe and give Them a try. I have some durlon plastic but not sure of the durability. I could also care less of the noise or ride comfort.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How much noise do those poly subframe bushings impart? I've been reluctant to do them because the car is noisy enough as it is, but seeing that difference in cradle movement is pretty significant.

Keep in mind that I also don't care for the harshness of the poly motormounts, but lack a better alternative outside of going with custom brackets for a different set of OEM mounts.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:43 AM
TECH Addict

It doesn't seem like they would be too hard to make. If it ever warms up around here I just might turn some out on my lathe and give Them a try. I have some durlon plastic but not sure of the durability. I could also care less of the noise or ride comfort.
I would be nervous for noise involved with solid bushings. That area takes quite a bit of abuse and the bushing would have to be a very very tight machine fit. I guess if you wanted to go with a solid bushing why not just weld it up? Only loss is if you wanted to go back to stock. If you wanted a really stiff bushing then delrin would be an option. I see no need to look further then either revshift's or Creative steels bushings. IMHO.

Either way 54's bars will still help that cradle stay in place and add rigidity to the whole thing. I think he needs some cross bracing added for the rigidity part and torsional movement of the cars frame, but I'm sure his bars are very effective at holding it all together back there. And again, would be worlds easier then dropping the cradle to install bushings.

Originally Posted by BudRacing
How much noise do those poly subframe bushings impart? I've been reluctant to do them because the car is noisy enough as it is, but seeing that difference in cradle movement is pretty significant.

Keep in mind that I also don't care for the harshness of the poly motormounts, but lack a better alternative outside of going with custom brackets for a different set of OEM mounts.
Personally, I don't think it added any noise. They have been one of the best mods I have done for making the car feel more planted. I have found no downside to them other than the PITA install process.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

54, Any way we can get a go pro set up underneath your car to watch how your supported cradle performs compared to the other two vids posted? If to serve no other purpose it'd still be interesting to see.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EdmundGTP
54, Any way we can get a go pro set up underneath your car to watch how your supported cradle performs compared to the other two vids posted? If to serve no other purpose it'd still be interesting to see.
I thought someone was going to do that already? Was that other video just with the revshift bushings?
Old 02-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
I thought someone was going to do that already? Was that other video just with the revshift bushings?

Bushings only.. It'd be quite obvious if 54's new cradle support bars were installed.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bushings only.. It'd be quite obvious if 54's new cradle support bars were installed.
I couldn't watch it when it was first posted. I was on my phone. I just saw it... The bushing actually helped quite a bit. Much more solid than my under car video.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Any updates on these?
Old 02-14-2014, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

Patience good sir. No wifi in the volcano where 54 does his forging and fabricating.

Edit: I should say Ice Fortress with Texas in its current state....
Old 02-14-2014, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

The fortress of solitude... Cud everything is choose in Texas... Or is it bigger
Old 02-14-2014, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

This weekend sir....

This.

I couldn't watch it when it was first posted. I was on my phone. I just saw it... The bushing actually helped quite a bit. Much more solid than my under car video.
Originally Posted by stratass
Any updates on these?
Originally Posted by Dmax/04V
Patience good sir. No wifi in the volcano where 54 does his forging and fabricating. Edit: I should say Ice Fortress with Texas in its current state....
Yes sir!

Job searching has taken a priority, plus I have been merchandising a New Gun Store in Houston that my buddy is opening next week.

Blake has been out of town and I need to put miles on these for testing. I have found one issue and a few solutions, so more to come at a later date......

Thanks for the support and feedback guys....
Old 02-18-2014, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

Sub'd. Still needa do my bushings but I know their not gonna fix it 100%. These may be the ticket
Old 02-18-2014, 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

There was an accident this weekend, so Blake is down one hand.......Hope to be back at in in another week....
Old 02-24-2014, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

What length tubbing did you use?
Old 02-24-2014, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Length was about 4'.

Quick Reply: I have cured the wheel hop in my 2005 CTSV.