Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

lowering my 05 cts-v

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 01:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 275 on a 10.5 is not anywhere near hellaflush/stretch. I know a guy running 235s on 18x10, which IS a lot of stretch. A 275 tire will actually have excellent contact patch on your wheel.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bio248
trailing arms will be included with that setup. i assumed it was necessary. if these guys can run 19x10 i don't think a 20x10.5 will be much harder with a little fender work. i'm not afraid of it. i also don't plan on running a huge tire, it's a daily driver. a 275 will be more than enough meat to keep me happy (sorry anti-stretch, folks).
I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I would love to see that. I was actually being serious...i really really want to see how it looks lol. I've wanted a set up like that for a while
Old 03-30-2014, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bio248
rolling the fenders is a simple job you can do in your garage. you can even pull the fenders a little if necessary. if you wanted a true body shop roll and pull, that'd include paint, which is what i think was meant with the comment above.

i will probably have to roll the fenders on my V1. i was going to go with H&R springs as well as running a wider than typical setup (20x9 front, 20x10.5 rear). owning a fender rolling tool helps, but because of the 6 lug hub, i won't be able to use it. i'm just as good with a hammer and a heat gun, heh.
Thats what i figured, just had to verify. BTW, there was a few people that just used 1 lug on a 5 lug fender roller with good results. Just something to think about it you already have a roller.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bmylez
A 275 on a 10.5 is not anywhere near hellaflush/stretch. I know a guy running 235s on 18x10, which IS a lot of stretch. A 275 tire will actually have excellent contact patch on your wheel.
i just graduated from this crowd (sold my subaru for this V). i know enough guys running a 215 on a 9.5-10" wide wheel. it's never been my thing, but i'd never be afraid of running a 225 on a 9" wide wheel if i had to in order to fit the wheels. but being who i am, i'll just go ahead and get a better fitting set of wheels and run a proper tire.

Originally Posted by BigBlock.Condor
I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I would love to see that. I was actually being serious...i really really want to see how it looks lol. I've wanted a set up like that for a while
now i just have to keep myself from backing down. i do want to lower the car, but i love how it rides and handles as it is to be honest. my wife might like the amount that it costs to stick with 18s or 19s versus the 20s i have picked out (vossen cv7: 20x9 +35mm front, 20x10.5 +42mm rear). no matter what wheel i do end up with in the end it'll be at least 10" wide in the back.

Originally Posted by silver1r
Thats what i figured, just had to verify. BTW, there was a few people that just used 1 lug on a 5 lug fender roller with good results. Just something to think about it you already have a roller.
i feel just as comfortable using a hammer to get the same results. in fact, it's quicker because there's no assembly/disassembly of the roller to the hub and what not. you can also get a little more precise. it technically won't come out as "smooth", but that's why you move back and forth across the entire fender working it up gradually as a whole.

i will definitely take the roller and see if i can get it to bolt up somehow, though. even if it is just to smooth it out as a final step.

Quick Reply: lowering my 05 cts-v