Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

plug in & play AUX input!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigti99a
just ordered one myself. what has been the preferred way to rout it up front? through the center under the carpet? around the side and under the door sill? i want to take as little apart as i have to and i want it to go back together easy.
I ran mine down the drivers rear right behind the part of the seat that doesn't pull down over to the center of the rear then up under the center console and drilled a hole in the cubby hole. Longest part of the install was drilling the hole (my battery is dead and won't hold a charge).

Originally Posted by JD03Cobra
What was the total on this device? I need one
$80
Old 06-26-2014, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

$85 shipped if you are asking about cost.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Jeez mine got here already. I'm going to install it tomorrow but won't be able to supply and feedback yet because my amp is shot. Anyone selling a stocker?

Also, how exactly does the port stay in place? I see nothing to mount it and keep it tight

$85 to my door
Old 06-27-2014, 12:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 90G60
Got mine installed today.

Funny that when I got my headers I drove around for a week or two with the radio off. Now I'll probaby drive around the next week or two with the radio turned up. Goodbye burned CD's in my center console.

Thank you OP!

Edit: anyone getting any feedback when the cable is plugged in but not connected to a device? I don't use XM, just a little annoying.
NP! Glad you like it. I'm happy with mine that's for sure. Yeah, i too get some minor feedback when I don't have my iphone plugged in. Not a big deal. If you unplug the aux cable, then it goes away completely.

just ordered one myself. what has been the preferred way to rout it up front? through the center under the carpet? around the side and under the door sill? i want to take as little apart as i have to and i want it to go back together easy.
When you have the back seat out (bottom part), you would then route the wire under the carpet to the center console. You'll see where I'm talking about. And use a coat hanger to pull the wire thru.

It was $85 shipped.

Last edited by MarkOne; 06-27-2014 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Got mine installed and will do a write up with pics once I install my amp and verify everything works as advertised. Very simple to do with extremely clean results
Old 07-01-2014, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't see why someone would spend $85+ for an aux Input when a $6 cord works great. I've had one installed on my car for a year and same with my friend. It is in the xm circuit and we just tune to channel zero...and audio plays from phone or whatever just perfect. Xm is still fully functional... I guess I don't get it.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Can you elaborate on this? not convincing me to go your way with you just talking smack and not having something to back that up
Old 07-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by voodoochikin04
I don't see why someone would spend $85+ for an aux Input when a $6 cord works great. I've had one installed on my car for a year and same with my friend. It is in the xm circuit and we just tune to channel zero...and audio plays from phone or whatever just perfect. Xm is still fully functional... I guess I don't get it.
Originally Posted by SE-R Spec
Can you elaborate on this? not convincing me to go your way with you just talking smack and not having something to back that up
If you tap into the XM wires at the back of the headunit, your effectively doing the same thing as this aux harness. Dont cut the XM wires as suggested in the cadillacFAQ, just splice into them and you still keep XM and also have an aux input.

This harness is clean way of adding the aux input without having to pull the headunit or splice any wiring though.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:54 AM
TECH Resident

^^^^ DING DING DING.... Just splice into the existing wires.. play your aux audio on channel 0 which is a clean channel. All your XM still works. follow the cadillacFAQs guide and don't waste $85. EASY PEASY.

Ryan95i4....The only benefit I see with this harness, is what you pointed out. You don't have to pull the head unit and splice into wiring. BUT you do have to spend waaaay more time pulling the back seat, the package tray, pulling wires under your carpet and through you console AND you get to pay $85 to do it!! To me that is NOT worth the hassle. Easy to pull the head unit and clip into existing wires. <---My opinion.

SE-R-Spec....I wasn't talking smack??? Just confused why people thought that you lose XM by adding an AUX connection... That's all.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this one allows you to do it without taking hardly anything apart and it physically separates the signal from the aux and the xm so there's no way to get a fuzzy signal, no matter what channel you're on.

for $85 i don't think it's a bad deal.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:17 AM
TECH Resident

You have to remove the rear bottom seat, the rear seat back, the sail panels, and the package tray. THEN route wires under the carpet which is a pain in the ***, THEN pull the wire through the console without ripping other wires out.. which can be a huge pain in the *** unless you remove the console bolts. I just had to pull wires for my electric cutouts recently and it was a PAIN in the ***. it takes easily 1/4th the time to pull the head unit and clip in some splices. ALSO there is no static on channel 0... $85 and a PAIN in the ***.. vs a few dollar cord and an hr max for someone who has never removed the head unit... its an easy decision for me.

FYI its an interrupting jack... same design as the jacks on the back of your computer tower. I used that when I added AUX to my base cts. it uses a common ground on LEFT & RIGHT channels and doesn't disrupt the ground when you plug a device in.. Just uses a mechanical switch internally to go from one positive lead to another. Using a common ground on these "floating ground" head units can be disruptive in quality.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

this install was easy as ****. followed the link in this thread and it was easy as ****. used a hanger to get the wire through to the center console under the carpet. didnt take long at all. i would have rather done this than ripping the head unit out any day. but different strokes for different folks. i thought the cost was high but for the options out there i think it is a solid choice.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

pop off heater vent, remove screw. open ashtray remove screw and pull out. Remove screws from head unit and it slides out. EASY. Taking the seat back off, sail panels, and package tray is a hassle. and then paying $85 to do so.. whew..
Old 07-02-2014, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by voodoochikin04
pop off heater vent, remove screw. open ashtray remove screw and pull out. Remove screws from head unit and it slides out. EASY. Taking the seat back off, sail panels, and package tray is a hassle. and then paying $85 to do so.. whew..
It's only 6 screws/nuts. I get your point but I just didn't want to splice wires. I also took the time to clean the **** that a vacuum doesn't seem to reach at the base of the rear windshield. That was a major bonus for me as its been bugging the **** out of me for some time.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

I get your point but I just didn't want to splice wires.
That's the reason I was willing to pay the $85. I'd rather have something solid than jerry-rigged. But to each their own.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:59 PM
TECH Resident

Jerry rigged?? Lol. You crack me up. You wanna see Jerry rigged. Take a look at your factory wiring harness... Half assed splices. Crimp connectors at every junction. Making a soldered joint in a wire is not jerry rigged... Haha
Old 07-14-2014, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

or you can just buy this

Amazon.com : Sony XDPMU110 Digital Link Sound System : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Sony XDPMU110 Digital Link Sound System : Car Electronics
Old 10-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

How long did it take to
Ship

Quick Reply: plug in & play AUX input!