Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Clutch bleed gone bad

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 02:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cmcneal0252
I am having issues with my clutch disengaging. I have a McLeod clutch, an LS7 slave and a stock master cylinder. I have measured the throwout clearance and it is between an 1/8 - >1/4 of an inch. I have installed a remote bleeder on the slave. I have pumped a ton of fluid through the system. The clutch is not fully disengaging, clashing gears, will not go into 1/Rev. with the motor running. Shifts fine without the motor running. There is a slight squeak in the clutch peddle, rubber inside the cylinder. I suspect the master cylinder is bad but I need some advice?

BTW - I am new to the forum, well really to all forums. Should I post a new thread to get help?
Since this isn't exactly related to the original topic and you have some unique part combo, it may be best to start a new thread.

McLeod is a brand, so you may want to specify what type of clutch you have from them. The LS7 clutch is intended for a single disk clutch. If you have a twin disk, that could be your issue, and bleeding or spacers would not take care of it either. You may also want to check with McLeod to see what they say.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Forcfed93
When I loosened it, it was quite wobbly and not a drop of fluid came out anywhere and the motive still had full pressure. I didn't loosen it any further for fear of it coming out.

I don't have any issues with shifting or anything, so it's not a huge deal, just wanted to put fresh fluid it.

I'll likely be installing an LS7 clutch assembly in the next few months, so I'll probably just wait and handle it then. Hopefully I can do the clutch master upgrade at the same time.
this happened to me today. grabbed my motive power bleeder and some fresh fluid, got everything ready and when i cracked the bleeder nothing happened. the motive held its pressure and no fluid moved to the reservoir and no fluid came out the bleeder or anywhere else. i'm at a total loss. i've bled many systems and this is the first time that nothing has come out at all. i even took the motive out of the loop completely and just filled the reservoir left the cap off and crack the bleeder expecting the system to just run itself dry and nothing would come out of the bleeder at all. any ideas? i really don't want to have to drop the trans because that is going to open up a whole other can of worms.

Quick Reply: Clutch bleed gone bad