Notices
Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Clutch bleed gone bad

Old 01-29-2019, 02:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by cmcneal0252 View Post
I am having issues with my clutch disengaging. I have a McLeod clutch, an LS7 slave and a stock master cylinder. I have measured the throwout clearance and it is between an 1/8 - >1/4 of an inch. I have installed a remote bleeder on the slave. I have pumped a ton of fluid through the system. The clutch is not fully disengaging, clashing gears, will not go into 1/Rev. with the motor running. Shifts fine without the motor running. There is a slight squeak in the clutch peddle, rubber inside the cylinder. I suspect the master cylinder is bad but I need some advice?

BTW - I am new to the forum, well really to all forums. Should I post a new thread to get help?
Since this isn't exactly related to the original topic and you have some unique part combo, it may be best to start a new thread.

McLeod is a brand, so you may want to specify what type of clutch you have from them. The LS7 clutch is intended for a single disk clutch. If you have a twin disk, that could be your issue, and bleeding or spacers would not take care of it either. You may also want to check with McLeod to see what they say.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clutch bleed gone bad

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: