Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Shout out to vendors Tick, CS, MechMan, Voodoo, Brian,

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shout out to vendors Tick, CS, MechMan, Voodoo, Brian,

Thank you guys for giving me a brand new car. All of you put up with my questions and gave incredible customer service.

Tick performance supplied a LS7 Clutch Kit (with Iron wheel, short master hose, bleeder line LS7 slave and shim kit not needed) and great customer service.

Creative Steel: Adjustable shifter, Transmission brace a boat load of phone calls and great customer service. (Thanks Kristie, Max and Jordan)

Brian (aka PISSNUOFF) his shifter rail bushings that he next day aired me and held my hand lol via email.

Matt (Voodoochikin) for an awesome drive shaft, incredible turn around time and about 16 PM's and 4 emails concerned over my receipt of shaft.

Mechman: For a rock solid 24 hr turn around on my alternator which is providing a "rock solid" 14.3 volts.

My car is frikin brand new I HAVE NO DRIVELINE VIBES ANYMORE!!! It clicks into every gear with an awesome feel. No slop in stick any more and purrs down the road. No more driveline vibes in stick, seat of my pants, steering wheel or pedals. My V has become even more important to me since getting divorced this past summer (Nadine is happy about that) This going to be a great year and more mods to come. I am so happy, thanks. Except for that "brand new" POS aluminum foil/plastic bag excuse of a stock radiator. I can't believe how bad and shitty those are. The bright side, look out, here comes next mod alradco with high cfm fans. Thanks again for being part of providing a bright spot and happiness in my life. I'm from Deeetroit and "love" cars!

Last edited by Motown Cad; 01-18-2015 at 12:59 AM.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Oh yeah I forgot. One really neat bonus was **** canning the stock sponge/aluminum heat shield over tranny on tunnel and replacing with the Thermo Tec shielding. A) It looks better and can't help how kick ars my tunnel is when driving down the road. and B) It has completely changed the interior sound. It's not loud but brings the exhaust in a little bit more to the point that it just overrides the nauseating "sewing machine" sound from the coil packs. That was worth triple the dividends on the $70 I spent on a 24 by 48 sheet.

Last edited by Motown Cad; 01-18-2015 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:58 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to know, I'll probably need to do most of that stuff soon.

How was pulling the trans? Where you on a lift, jack stands?
Old 01-18-2015, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Pulling the trans isn't the most fun thing to do on jack stands...I recommend a friend unless you have a good trans jack.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:53 AM
TECH Regular

I did my BMW on jack stands, alone, with a floor jack and a piece of 4x4 lumber. It was not fun, I would not recommend it, and surely its a lighter trans. I wouldn't do that again.

At this point, I really want to do the Tilton/PMC. I have a stock clutch, with no remote bleeder and I fear its gonna be like an onion....
Old 01-18-2015, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hefftone
I did my BMW on jack stands, alone, with a floor jack and a piece of 4x4 lumber. It was not fun, I would not recommend it, and surely its a lighter trans. I wouldn't do that again.

At this point, I really want to do the Tilton/PMC. I have a stock clutch, with no remote bleeder and I fear its gonna be like an onion....
Small side note. I see you have your color listed as "stealth grey" but you have an '07 and they only came in Thunder Grey that year (I have one)
Old 01-18-2015, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

I live in an apartment but I'm fortunate enough to work on base and utilize the auto hobby shop. I raised my car up on a full lift and used a tranny stand on wheels. I can't imagine doing 2 feet off the deck. Significant yanking is required to get tranny off of crank.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yep, I had a couple friends help me and I had to carefully use screwdrivers to pry it off the bellhousing. Made sure not to mar up the case, but wow, it was really stuck on there. If/when I have to drop it again, it will be much easier.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:59 PM
TECH Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bmylez
Small side note. I see you have your color listed as "stealth grey" but you have an '07 and they only came in Thunder Grey that year (I have one)
Lol, thanks! I thought about looking that up.

Change approved!

Quick Reply: Shout out to vendors Tick, CS, MechMan, Voodoo, Brian,