Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Audio System Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How had is it to get the dealer to flash the radio? And why would I have to use the factory volume ****?! Why can I just use the head units?! I'll prolly have the highs n mids on a aftermarket 4 channel anyway
Old 06-13-2016, 11:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't have to use the factory ****. But it is nice to not have a dud **** on your dash, and it's also more convenient and easier to blindly turn than most aftermarket pieces.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BudRacing
You don't have to use the factory ****. But it is nice to not have a dud **** on your dash, and it's also more convenient and easier to blindly turn than most aftermarket pieces.

but if the factory **** is hooked up str8 to the bose amp and i dont use the bose amp what so ever then what would the factory **** actually do?
Old 06-13-2016, 12:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the idea was to rewire the **** to be functional--at least that's how I interpreted it.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BudRacing
I think the idea was to rewire the **** to be functional--at least that's how I interpreted it.

ok i'm pickin up what your puttin down lol
Old 06-13-2016, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a link to my progress thread, and in it are details about my audio install. This is a link to the topic covered on the CF forum. Some ambiguity up front while the OP and myself sort out the details, but solid info once we both get the install done on our respective cars.

Once done properly, all factory DIC functions, settings, and warnings are retained. All steering wheel controls function normally. TC, competitive driving, and stability systems are all fully functional with all associated on-screen displays and warnings. The stock radio is still powered and can be turned on with the power/volume ****, but with no speakers connected to it, it's just lights. For some, functionless buttons like that were a deal breaker and they chose other methods. For me, and OEM-like interior was paramount, and I didn't mind vestigial buttons. The Metra double DIN kit, IMO, is hideous, and was never an option for me.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fweasel
Here's a link to my progress thread, and in it are details about my audio install. This is a link to the topic covered on the CF forum. Some ambiguity up front while the OP and myself sort out the details, but solid info once we both get the install done on our respective cars.

Once done properly, all factory DIC functions, settings, and warnings are retained. All steering wheel controls function normally. TC, competitive driving, and stability systems are all fully functional with all associated on-screen displays and warnings. The stock radio is still powered and can be turned on with the power/volume ****, but with no speakers connected to it, it's just lights. For some, functionless buttons like that were a deal breaker and they chose other methods. For me, and OEM-like interior was paramount, and I didn't mind vestigial buttons. The Metra double DIN kit, IMO, is hideous, and was never an option for me.

Thank you much!!!! Yeah that metra **** doesn't even look factory in a Honda! Lol I got a lot of reading to do. Any huge hurdles I need to be aware of? Pot holes you could steer me around?! Lol at this point my next question is can you install for me??! Lmao

Quick Reply: Audio System Options