Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Motive power bleeder attachment

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 10:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motive power bleeder attachment

So I grabbed the late model GM Motive power bleeder, pretty much strictly to bleed my clutch (04). After it getting stolen off my porch right after it was delivered I had to wait another week for Amazon to send a replacement. It has the 3 tab attachment that fits the brake reservoir but this thing does not fit my clutch reservoir. I've seen all sorts of posts about different attachments that are supposed to fit the clutch reservoir, can someone give me a definitive answer preferably with a link. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Be wary of the sealing between the Motive cap and the reservoir.

I had to make a new one that was a little thicker to get a proper seal.

That of course was after leaking brake fluid when I pressurized the Motive.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If I remember right I ordered this one for the clutch. I'll check when I get home.
https://www.amazon.com/Motive-Produc.../dp/B000Q6UHQK
Old 09-27-2016, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetals
Be wary of the sealing between the Motive cap and the reservoir.

I had to make a new one that was a little thicker to get a proper seal.

That of course was after leaking brake fluid when I pressurized the Motive.
same here. Mine came with 2 washers/seals, one was thicker and hard to put on. Guess which one worked. Brake fluid everywhere. Pressure test to full pressure when dry first.
Brake master is model 1118
clutch is model 1109
Motive Products 1109 Adapter

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TYE170..._4vR6xbC98C4Z6

link above is the black version. Mine is red. They both say 45mm European car
Old 09-27-2016, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had to use the thicker washer too.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome thanks for the help.

At first I thought maybe bleeding it manually just takes a while, but I might have some other issues. I was hoping to avoid that with this Motive bleeder but im kinda stumped now.

Last time I swapped out the master It took an hour or so of bleeding to get the clutch back. Lasted about a year until I lost probably like 75% of the clutch last weekend. Tried bleeding it probably for about the same amount of time again manually and I have some clutch but the fluid is pretty fizzy coming out of the bleeder now.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attachment 1100 is what you want. I have both 1108 and 1100.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bmylez
Attachment 1100 is what you want. I have both 1108 and 1100.
my 1118 says 0118 or something in the description. I think the different colors have different actual part numbers, which really confuses people when you search on the Internet. I got my part numbers from a post of the Motive company's owner I just forget where I saw it. If you search 1109, like I have for the clutch, the first result on Amazon is 1100 which was linked before my post. One is black and the other is red. The description says they are the same application.

edit, my red one has a swivel fitting the black does not but you can see they are both 45mm threaded and rec'd for European cars.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, 1100 is branded as for "Euro" cars, but it fits the clutch res. perfectly. I've done about 30 bleeds with it.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

My point is they are different part numbers but are for the same application. They both work on the CTS-V clutch master. That's why there is so much confusion. There are more than one 45mm threaded adapters; these actually work, plus the 'universal' ones that some sites recommend but don't actually work well, if at all.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

I had to call Motive for part numbers because their website design isn't that great. They told me that you can search motive's website for the part number, be it 0118 or 1108 and the same part should come up. So now when I'm not sure of the part number, I search there and see if there's an alternate number that they use.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bmylez
Yes, 1100 is branded as for "Euro" cars, but it fits the clutch res. perfectly. I've done about 30 bleeds with it.

Cool, I saw mention of the 1100 on the writeup but the Euro part was throwing me off.

Anyway I hate to throw this thread off topic from the original question but I also don't want to start another one and it is pretty much the same issue.

I had issues with the clutch sticking to the floor a couple years ago, picked up the philistine master and that seemed to fix them. Slowly started getting a lazy clutch a few weeks ago didn't think much of it until one day the clutch wouldn't fully disengage. . Now I was under the car manning the wrench doing the old fashion bleed and my bro was the one pumping, checking the fluid. Dumbass filled up the little rubber boot instead of the reservoir and it went dry. I didn't notice until a couple days later when I went back to check everything. We then bled it for about an hour if not more and it's not improving if any. Fluid was coming out steady with the occasional air bubble at first but towards the end it was pretty fizzy.

I'm waiting on the right attachment for the Motive bleeder but I'm assuming air is getting into the system somehow at this point? He said he took that little boot out towards the end when we were bleeding, I guess it was pissing him off who knows. Would that hinder the ability to get a good bleed on it? I'm trying to rule the easy stuff out before I have to inevitably start looking at the slave. Thanks.

Last edited by Snatchymanx; 09-28-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Motive power bleeder attachment